SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:Real fans have real patience. 8)
Who cares about Real Madrid fans? We are Arsenal fans :barscarf:

:lol: :wink:
Swifty wrote:Villa sold for pocket change and a pie!! WTF!!
Tevez 10m
Give me those two up front and I'm happy.
Aguero available for 30 - stuff Higuain - get that unit.
I'm not sure we'd be able to afford Aguero's salary and I don't think Man City would want to sell to a Premiership rival. Anyway who said that Aguero is available at all?

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Re: SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

we'll wind up with no one.

but i would prefer suarez over higuian.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Deise Gooner wrote:This Suarez rumour just seems to be a tact to speed up the Higuain move. Real Madrid are dicking around about the fee so Arsenal put in an enquiry about a player RM are interested in to force RM to bid for Suarez and in turn putting Arsenal in a better position regarding the Higuain fee.
Yeah :roll: Wenger is really clever and uses all the tricks when it comes to securing transfers :roll: Madrid must be shitting themselves, having to negotiate with the "Henry Kissinger" of football.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Just imagine if we actually did buy loads of players and splash the cash?

What would everyone moan about? :lol:

foxinthebox2001

Re:

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Red Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Real fans have real patience. 8)
Who cares about Real Madrid fans? We are Arsenal fans :barscarf:

:lol: :wink:
Swifty wrote:Villa sold for pocket change and a pie!! WTF!!
Tevez 10m
Give me those two up front and I'm happy.
Aguero available for 30 - stuff Higuain - get that unit.
I'm not sure we'd be able to afford Aguero's salary and I don't think Man City would want to sell to a Premiership rival. Anyway who said that Aguero is available at all?
Premiership rival yes, but would they sell him to us?
Not that I claim to be an expert on football transfers, but would lodging an actual bid for Higuain, and a figure near to his clubs valuation be a decent starting point?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:we'll wind up with no one.

but i would prefer suarez over higuian.
Suarez, is scum, he will get up to the same antics next season, and drag the name of the club through the mud add to that he would be touting himself again next season. I do agree with your second point though. :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I would hate to see Luis Suarez join Arsenal FC..he is a disgrace to football, his thanks to Liverpool for standing behind him is to tout himself for a transfer, he said he wanted to leave Liverpool/ England because the media was hounding him but now he seems to be willing to join another English club. If he joined arsenal it would be more of the same. I do not want him near my club..

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Would be interesting to see what would happen if we did make a 35M offer. With the baggage he comes with there is no way i'd think he's worth more.

Anyway, I can't stand the rat-toothed prick. Hope we still sign Higuain.

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

I would rather see Bendtner and Chamakh get a new 200k 30years contract than having Suarez here.
SIGN HIGUAIN UP!

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Deise Gooner wrote:This Suarez rumour just seems to be a tact to speed up the Higuain move. Real Madrid are dicking around about the fee so Arsenal put in an enquiry about a player RM are interested in to force RM to bid for Suarez and in turn putting Arsenal in a better position regarding the Higuain fee.
Yeah :roll: Wenger is really clever and uses all the tricks when it comes to securing transfers :roll: Madrid must be shitting themselves, having to negotiate with the "Henry Kissinger" of football.
I didnt say it was working did I :lol: :lol:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... esignation

Please let this mean that Dear Leader is out the door at the end of the year! Wenger would never work with a Director overseeing him, so I am hoping that he is out the door..

I just thought of a scenario that I wonder about - Does Wenger and Arsenal have a sort of handshake which sees Wenger leave at the end of the year because of the public perception that Wenger won't spend the money?

If you think about it, it makes a bit of sense. Most fans won't tolerate another season of no spending and Gazidis has already more or less put the ball in Wenger's court with his very public statements. So if no spending is done, Wenger will get the blame, but as this could be his last year, it won't matter anyway.

Just a thought that perhaps Arsenal know that they can only the fool the fans for a finite period, so this agreement is in place. Then again, maybe I should go and write for Goal.com....;-)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

What would everyone moan about?

Lack of tactics
70th minute substitutions regardless of what's happening
Overpaid shite players
4-5-1 formation at home to Blythe Spartans in the FA cup 3rd round
Abou Diaby being injured
Gervinho being shite
playing reserves in important cup games because of the CL
Ramsey constantly giving the ball away
Wenger wearing his maggot coat in September
Gazidis getting a bonus
Our kits
price of food and drink at the Corporate bowl
Wenger having too much power
Our defence

Well that's a start :wink: :mrgreen:

markyp

Post by markyp »

TeeCee wrote:
What would everyone moan about?

Lack of tactics
70th minute substitutions regardless of what's happening
Overpaid shite players
4-5-1 formation at home to Blythe Spartans in the FA cup 3rd round
Abou Diaby being injured
Gervinho being shite
playing reserves in important cup games because of the CL
Ramsey constantly giving the ball away
Wenger wearing his maggot coat in September
Gazidis getting a bonus
Our kits
price of food and drink at the Corporate bowl
Wenger having too much power
Our defence

Well that's a start :wink: :mrgreen:
add Sanogo being injured to that list :banghead:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

Once our target Jovetic will be sold by the end of this week (probably to Citeh),said Fiorentina, because they want to buy a replacement (also rumoured with us) Ilicic until Tuesday when they start their pre-season.

That's how business is done. Quick and easy, which part of it do you not get, Wenger?

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

goonersid wrote:

As sceptical as I am about these thngs, Real probably don't want to be stuck with a striker who really wants to leave and most of the top options are gone Lewandoski,Falcao,Cavani or don't want to leave Aguero/Jovetic(rather stay in Italy).

I think they might actually be starting to take the bait if you believe the Sun this morning. The same article has been re-hashed on Marca