SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
1989 wrote:A reliable Spanish radio (Cadena Ser) claiming that Ozil chose to join Arsenal over PSG...
Contradiction in terms !

Is it the same fucking reliable source that saw Higuain landing at Heathrow and attending his 2 week long medical

Biggest load of old bollocks since we 'nearly signed Ronaldo'
When they say "reliable radio station", what they mean is good reception and no dead airtime. :roll: :wink:

Post by 1989 »

Renato‏@th14Renato2m
- @carrusel reporting Ozil has asked to leave Real Madrid and has chosen to join Arsenal. #AFC

Ozil talk gathering pace

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Predictably the rumours of us signing half the Real Madrid team are abound - wonderful Sky Italy source/Twitter twat Tancredi Palmeri of course having the inside scoop after confirming our 30m euro offer for Jovetic and fee agreed for Cesar in July.

Wenger's smugness regarding signings is just unbearable and yet again underlines that getting one over on the media is what matters most to him. But I don't think today's result will have any real impact on Wenger's policy - he's so unbelievably stubborn and has happily watched a huge opportunity pass us by this summer that I don't think that one result would have persuaded him.

Still think we'll end up with Cabaye and possibly Ashley Williams. If Ozil goes it would surprise me if United don't go for him - although looking back they've been desperately lacking in the creative midfield area for years and I have to say Ferguson made a mistake in watching first Silva then Mata then Cazorla move to other English clubs given that they all had good reputations, experience, age on their side and were known to be available for reasonable prices.

Post by 1989 »

Michael Gooner @MickTheGooner 3m
Aljazeera Sports claiming Ozil to Arsenal is DONE!

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1989 wrote:Michael Gooner @MickTheGooner 3m
Aljazeera Sports claiming Ozil to Arsenal is DONE!
After Higuain I thought you'd fucking keep this shite to yourself mate !

Post by 1989 »

LOL don't shoot the messenger.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/09/01/gui ... esut-ozil/

Fucking know all Balague says we've made the offer so its about as reliable as Geoff from Twitter

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Özil eh? Can't wait to see him in our virtual team setting up goals for his old mate Higuain. ONE ARSENE WENGER THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Özil eh? Can't wait to see him in our virtual team setting up goals for his old mate Higuain. ONE ARSENE WENGER THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Steady....he's got to get in ahead of the virtual Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Mata and Yaya Toure first. He's only good enough to be a virtual squad player

ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

By the way - he is EXACTLY the player United need for their one dimensional midfield and EXACTLY the player we don't need

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Also it's fucking hilarious that despite their inevitable attempts to crowbar a player in return into the Bale deal and this wonderful partnership they announced with Madrid none of the players were willing to go. Although getting twice as much as what Bale's worth probably softens the blow.

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

I've loved Ozil as a player since I saw him create everything in midfield for Germany in the 2010 World Cup. I don't believe he's coming our way anytime soon unfortunately. Obviously hope I'm wrong.
Wenger should have (should) sign a striker as there is zero back up for Giroud. Giroud's playing well now, but long season for him including important games for France. Accident waiting to happen.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

On the back of AS's claims that Manchester United and Paris Saint Germain are leading the race for Mesut Ozil - Arsenal are being very strongly linked tonight.

by GRAEME BAILEY 7:09 PM

Sky are buying into the old bollocks now

Still 'strongly linked' is something we can be proud of

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

Think united and psg would both outpay us in terms of wages and transfer fee , but if they dont (they will), fact that podolski and mertesacker are at arsenal could mean he(ozil) chooses us.