Groundhog summer transfer window thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Natalie's Deadline Day Titfest Thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:What's the record number of pages we've had on a transfer page without actually signing anyone......we might get a trophy for i

t !

I do believe the transfer thread before this thread was approx 366 pages i cant at the min remember the enlightened visionary who started it but mine was fucking better than this thread.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal not signing Draxler. Was interest but AW unwilling to meet #Schalke asking price. Only #afc deal may be a loan arrival #bbcfootball
8:23pm - 30 Jan 14

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Arsenal not signing Draxler. Was interest but AW unwilling to meet #Schalke asking price. Only #afc deal may be a loan arrival #bbcfootball
8:23pm - 30 Jan 14
I'm loving every single minute of this.....keep em coming McD

With every report of Draxler not coming and mention of the term 'loan signing' my tourettes tick gets stronger....

ONE....ARS......just stopped it in time

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BREAKING: Arsenal have made a loan enquiry for Tom Cleverley after receiving bad news on Ramsey's injury. #afc #mufc #bbcsportsday
7:32pm - 30 Jan 14

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

mcdowell42 wrote:BREAKING: Arsenal have made a loan enquiry for Tom Cleverley after receiving bad news on Ramsey's injury. #afc #mufc #bbcsportsday
My wife's got birds of a feather on, your definately funnier than that.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

afcforever wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:BREAKING: Arsenal have made a loan enquiry for Tom Cleverley after receiving bad news on Ramsey's injury. #afc #mufc #bbcsportsday
What else she got on :wink:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Arsen fc strikes again the tight fisted :cussing:

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

mcdowell42 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
What else she got on :wink:
Nothing :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to bbc journalist ,wenger wont meet the asking price,isnt it about time the decision for the price of a player is taken out of his hands.I remember reading somewhere tht fergie when he was manager of utd saying he would tell david gill who he wanted and gill would go negoiate and tht was extent of his involvement he didnt get involved in the pricing he just wanted the player.

MM99

Post by MM99 »

northbank123 wrote:The whole "Arsenal have sent a delegation" thing was obviously bollocks. Exactly the same thing happened with the Higuain transfer - all of these shitty websites and gossip columns are so desperate to land the scoop that they'll just invent stuff knowing that thousands of morons will believe and retweet it. Then in 2 or 3 days time when nothing has happened they just invent another part of the story - like sending a delegation - to keep plugging the story.

I remember people getting excited that we were going to sign Jovetic because some cretin called Tancredi Palmeri was making these claims that we had enquired, then we'd sent representatives out there, then we had made an offer of £27m but they were holding out for £30m - clearly utter nonsense. But people took his word as gospel every time. Don't know this Honigstein bloke who is driving a lot of these Draxler stories but people are so willing to believe foreign journalists for stuff like this - like with Palmeri and that slimeball Balague.
Spot on. Journos create absolute bollocks which get lapped up by arseholes like stevo35 who actually believed it could have happened.

Oh and remember kids "Ozil isn't coming!". :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Honestly, fuck off Wenger. He's the biggest obstacle in the way of this club winning anything. We'll end up with some two-bit nobody on loan whilst he moans about prices and all that shit. He needs to be told to fuck off out of transfer negotiations as he's a complete fucking liability. Who the fuck cares what you think a player's worth, you arrogant *word censored*? A player is worth what the selling club say he's worth.

JBatchelor

Post by JBatchelor »

mcdowell42 wrote:Told Arsenal no longer active. AW wants internal solutions. Trusts Miyaichi in wide areas & Parks departure cancelled (@bbcsport_davd)
7:42pm - 30 Jan 14

Its non stop on twitter tonight ,hes coming hes not coming :D
You do realise that is a fake account ? David has an 'i' in it.

@bbcsport_david for the real one :banghead:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

There must be some truth is the stories as most papers reporting it do arsenal feed the papers ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Its twitter everythings fake