A Pre-Wembley Fa cup semi final party !!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wembley party

Re: The Pre-Wembley Fa cup semi final party !!

Post by Wembley party »

DB10GOONER wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:To answer, in the Mods private section of the Forum we did discuss this thread.
:roll:

Next you'll be telling them about the dossiers we've got about EVERY user in there.......... ive said too much, carry on 8)
Flash, do me a favour, add to armchair's and clockender's dossiers that they are now an item. I'd suggest we get Quartz to merge the two dossiers but we all know how that would end... :roll:

:-P :wink:

You are severely tempting me

:lol:

Ticket update .we are now down to the last 100 odd left so get them while you still can :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Seriously do one you toe rag. I guarantee you will be selling tickets on the door of this joke event.

I cant believe the mods have allowed this thread to run. Its blatant plugging of a business venture. By that token, I am about to set up a business. Can I have my own thread to promote my services which don't involve ripping my customers off?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:Seriously do one you toe rag. I guarantee you will be selling tickets on the door of this joke event.

I cant believe the mods have allowed this thread to run. Its blatant plugging of a business venture. By that token, I am about to set up a business. Can I have my own thread to promote my services which don't involve ripping my customers off?
What harm? It's football related but more importantly Arsenal related. He has answered all queries. We've left up all comments, good and bad. The choice is there for our members - either attend or don't.

If your business is Arsenal or even football related then open up a thread. If not then you could still PM Mike Francis the owner and ask permission to advertise your new business here.

nut flush gooner

My business involves providing scantily clad lasses in arsenal gear, for the pleasure of the gooner masses pre and post match. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, it seems as though this character is "in there" with the people who run this forum. As I have said if they didn't try and rip me off (and they did at the silver spoon) I wouldnt have such an issue with the promotion on here, in fact I would be more than happy to attend.

We are all grown up and can make up our own minds, but some people don't know what these bashes are like. How do you feel when you turn up at 11:30 am, literally have a fiver snatched from your hands with not even a cheers or thankyou, then feel you are imprisoned in a venue where you have to fight to get a beer after 2pm. Then queue up for the loo only to be wading through piss.

That was the chelsea semi final, for the brum game a few years back we went to a redaction bash on the finchley road. Great spacious venue, good food and reasonably priced beer really good atmopsphere. Shame we didn't get the result to match what was a great pre match drink.

I am holding out for a redaction announcement but if they don't organise anything I will be going to the green man and not anywhere this jokers venue.

Simon

Post by Simon »

I think the REDaction pub last time was bar 3 ONE 7 on the Finchley Road which has now closed down - a shame as it's only one stop away from Wembley by tube. Not many other options nearby apart from Wetherspoons at the O2 Centre, the North Star or Ye Olde Swiss Cottage.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

A group of us are just going to drink around Baker Street. Pretty easy to get down there after. Will probably edge closer and closer to Wembley as time goes on

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Most people I know are drinking in Baker Street. We helped start the ideas of block 132 being a singing block so most away game regulars are all drinking at the Globe. It has a huge outdoor area and also a Weatherspoon’s directly opposite.

Fuck watching the away boyz and 100’s of mongs doing the mert dance and throwing beer around. Also the party sounds shite and charging £7 to drink warm fosters for 4 quid. Drop me right out mate

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

The Wetherspoons in the O2 centre was alright before the Carling cup debacle.

There was a Gooner party on in the Walkabout but I hate queueing for pubs so the Wethersppons was alright.

The nosh in there is ok cheap and is big enough to not feel like the 12pins pre-home games....sorry but I'm getting to the age where if I don't always want to feel like I'm in a bloody mosh pit to get a pre-match beer.

The pub on the corner before you come up to Wembley park station was alright before the Chelsea cup semi even if the Beer garden did get a bit wedged after a while.

If the weather's good the Global opposite Baker street stn is normally alright but weren't the brummie lot there before the Carling cup final :rubchin:

For the older gooners on here, I'd definitely recommend the Wetherspoons at the O2, then Jubilee line straight to Wembley.

Ticket or not I'm seriously considering gatecrashing NB 123/ BR's party :cheers: :twisted:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Seriously though, it seems as though this character is "in there" with the people who run this forum. As I have said if they didn't try and rip me off (and they did at the silver spoon) I wouldnt have such an issue with the promotion on here, in fact I would be more than happy to attend.
I do not know who the organizer is.

Seems to be a mate of Gooner.Ed's and Herd's though.

As DB10Gooner wrote, people can now read through the thread and make up their own minds.

nut flush gooner

mikeyb772001 wrote:Most people I know are drinking in Baker Street. We helped start the ideas of block 132 being a singing block so most away game regulars are all drinking at the Globe. It has a huge outdoor area and also a Weatherspoon’s directly opposite.

Fuck watching the away boyz and 100’s of mongs doing the mert dance and throwing beer around. Also the party sounds shite and charging £7 to drink warm fosters for 4 quid. Drop me right out mate
I used to work up there and the globe is a good option for food and beer (but they will be around £4 a pint mind), just if you've necked a load its a bit of a trek to wembley when you need to go!

Also the globe traditionally has been taken over by the club whose fans are travelling the most. You can expect a lot of Wigan fans (well all 10 of them) to try and set up camp early doors at the globe because I should imagine a lot of them will be staying in the baker street area for the weekend.

The wetherspoons over the road from the Globe will offer much cheaper beers but its all a bit enclosed and I am not sure if its a nice day many gooners will bother with it. So its really a question of who gets to the globe first.

There are 5 in our group and I still cant make my mind up. As someone has said the venue redaction used on the finchley road has closed. They are leaving it really late if they want to hire somewhere, absolutely nothing on the redaction site yet.

I also agree about the greenman, seems a bit ponsy although they do have a big beer garden. The arsenal away boyz have had their time imo. You can only sing ashley cole is a chelsea batty boy soo many times.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:My business involves providing scantily clad lasses in arsenal gear, for the pleasure of the gooner masses pre and post match. :lol: :lol:
I only read as far as this. Can I be the first to wish you the best of luck on your thrilling new business venture, sir?!!

:barscarf: 8)

:wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Excellent news Top Goon, you are of course more than welcome to attend our party. It is a no-ticket event and as promised previously strippers, charlie and live music will be provided. All that we request is that you bring a crate of beer, a spirit of your choosing, a funny joke, your passport and a convincing alibi for the day. Just in case.

nut flush gooner

So is the general consensus that we are going to be drinking in Baker Street then? I dont want to turn up at the Globe only to be outnumbered by the Wigan fans for the one and only time on the day !

If its a yeh, then 5 of us are coming over for a lively afternoon!

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

Cool, I'm in!! Just booked 2 tickets for me and my gf, will be in London for the weekend and unfortunately none of our in London support Arsenal so we'll on our own. This paty sounds like a plan, looking forward to it!

stevedagooner

Post by stevedagooner »

Shepherds market for us. A good selection of pubs and places to eat,a couple of minutes from green park underground so Easy to get to wembley on the jubilee line.