Gooner Wembley mash-up special guests a rugby league team

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Wigan Fa cup semi aka Arsene's resignation letter

Post by officepest »

StuartL wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:AW seems intent on playing the same formation irrespective of who's available, so we end up playing 'wide' players who can't dribble, aren't fast and can barely cross (leaving aside the fact that there's a solitary, outnumbered, ineffective striker in the box to aim at).

Given that we can't bring in any new players we have to find a way of producing a goal threat. I'd like to see Pod playing centrally off of a main striker (probably Giroud), a central three (probably Rambo, Rosicky and the Ox, with Flamini sitting deep.
It's not a team that excites me, but we've got to try something other than this numbing shit we've been dishing up for months.

Exactly GranadaJoe - we could get an awful lot more out of the players we have if we change the formation. not play the same ineffective way week in week out, making us sooooo predictable. If we had our full complement of players, ie Walcott / Ozil we would be more dangerous but we don't and Wenker hasn't managed to come up with a different plan all season, so he sure a shit won't start now.
:coffeespit:

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Surely the most ignorant, stupid or deluded AKB's can't back Wenger if we fuck this up?

Right? :?

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

What a total irrelevance this game is on Saturday. Bored by the prospect after yesterday's debacle.

I hope we get turned over as then Wenger has nowhere to go.

markyp

Post by markyp »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:What a total irrelevance this game is on Saturday. Bored by the prospect after yesterday's debacle.

i think Saturday is a win win situation for us,its great if we make the final but defeat heaps massive misery on Clueless,he will surely be squirming if wigan trounce us,surely???? :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:What a total irrelevance this game is on Saturday. Bored by the prospect after yesterday's debacle.

I take it you are joking?
anyone wanting to lose an FA Cup semi final just because they want rid of the manager is not a proper football supporter.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Poor old augie cannot accept that we shall lose this 3-1

WENGER OUT

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:

anyone wanting to lose an FA Cup semi final just because they want rid of the manager is not a proper football supporter.

So for one trophy you are prepared to sacrifice the next 2 or 3 seasons ? I'm not judging you on that but make no mistake these two situations are intertwinned and I believe that the fa cup will confirm the probablility of wenger remaining as manager. In 23 months time when we are going through this same shit (or maybe worse) then I wonder if you will look back and excuse it all on the basis of the fa cup won 2 years previously :rubchin: Personally I could understand that if wenker wasnt just weeks away from his contract expiring and if I didnt feel that losing this cup would be the only sure fire way of getting rid of the *word censored* :evil: :evil:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

if we dont win the FA Cup this season then this team will be mentally shot for the next 2/3 years regardless of who is in charge.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that Wenger has already decided to go... Even if we qualify for 4th then it's been far more of a struggle than it needed to be and I think even Arsene now knows that he has lost the fans. There are those that are dead against him. And there are those who are teetering on the edge. But there can be no-one who, genuinely believes 100% that, after being hammered away by our 4 closest rivals, Arsene still knows best!

I'd much prefer though that it could end in a dignified way i.e. we sneak into 4th and win the cup. Bye bye Arsene and thanks for the memories. The alternative is very messy...especially if we lose in the semi final against Wigan. Can see there being a lot of trouble around the stadium if that happens!

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

MK Gould wrote: But there can be no-one who, genuinely believes 100% that, after being hammered away by our 4 closest rivals, Arsene still knows best!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

p206ab wrote:
MK Gould wrote: But there can be no-one who, genuinely believes 100% that, after being hammered away by our 4 closest rivals, Arsene still knows best!
Maybe he'll head back to Grampus Eight or a team in one of the other Asian leagues where his decade old tactics and financial approach might still work

In 2025 they will be marching through the streets with Real Fans Have Real Patience banners in Asia

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

So for one trophy you are prepared to sacrifice the next 2 or 3 seasons ? I'm not judging you on that but make no mistake these two situations are intertwinned and I believe that the fa cup will confirm the probablility of wenger remaining as manager. In 23 months time when we are going through this same shit (or maybe worse) then I wonder if you will look back and excuse it all on the basis of the fa cup won 2 years previously :rubchin: Personally I could understand that if wenker wasnt just weeks away from his contract expiring and if I didnt feel that losing this cup would be the only sure fire way of getting rid of the *word censored* :evil: :evil:
I am beginning to wonder about you. It all started when you said you said pod would be a good option up front last night.

For all Wenger's failings in recent years, I don't want the club that I spend a fortune on supporting, to capitulate to the extent that we win fuck all this season and don't qualify for the CL. I am not an AKB but I will take the consequences of us finally breaking our 9 year duck. Are you going on Saturday? I really hope not because when I am at Wembley im getting behind my team irrespective of who is manager.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I can't believe there are still people that believe Wenger will leave directly because of not getting 4th or not winning the FA Cup. Wenger will leave when Wenger decides he wants to leave. Winning the FA Cup or not, getting 4th or not, will have no impact whatsoever. As for losing the fans? I reckon we that want him gone are still in the minority, certainly in the minority of Conglomerates attendees. :|

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

When we lost to Everton yesterday I took some small crumb of comfort from the performances of Ox & Ramsey when they came on... And if we lose to Wigan, or in the final, then maybe (some time after the event!) I'll take some small crumb of comfort from the thought that it might be for the long term good. But sorry, I struggle to understand how any Arsenal fan could actually want us to lose this game in advance!

And, you know what, I actually think that winning the trophy might increase the chances of Wenger going - much the same as Ferguson winning the league last season.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:I can't believe there are still people that believe Wenger will leave directly because of not getting 4th or not winning the FA Cup. Wenger will leave when Wenger decides he wants to leave. Winning the FA Cup or not, getting 4th or not, will have no impact whatsoever. As for losing the fans? I reckon we that want him gone are still in the minority, certainly in the minority of Conglomerates attendees. :|
spot on.
it does not matter whether we lose every other game this season.
Wenger received the backing from Kroenke last week.

look at what Wenger has "achieved this season"

1. another full set of season ticket renewals
2. a world class player has been bought
3. top of the league for most of the season
4. qualification from the Champions League group stages
5. a creditable draw against the European champions
6. the FA Cup semi finals at Wembley and a chance of real glory
7. still on course for a 17th consecutive top 4 finish

this list is what Kroenke sees and why he sees Wenger as the right man to lead Arsenal forward.
the defeats are irrelevant.