Membership Renewal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Robin_L

Re: Membership Renewal

Post by Robin_L »

You're probably as disenfranchised with the way football is going in general as with your own club, so don't be surprised if/when a new manager doesn't have the effect you're hoping for.

MrT

Post by MrT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:I pursued the elusive Silver Membership from 2004-2013 before eventually giving up at the start of this season (i.e. I didn't renew my Red Membership). I asked the club how long I was going to have to wait - given it had already been nine years - and they weren't willing to answer the question. For the last couple of years of the membership, I was only renewing to stay on the list, and I decided that I was essentially just wasting my money - because it could've gone on like that for another nine years, for all I know.

What really sent me over the edge was seeing the £50 Silver Membership cost - fuck that! And even if I did get it, I couldn't see myself paying £80+ for games. I just don't value the 'experience' at anywhere near that cost.

This season is the first that I haven't been to a single game (home or away) since 1992/93, when I was eight. I'm sad that it's come to this, but I have to say, I don't miss going at all. Even watching games on the TV is a chore. Shame, because in 2006, I would've fucking died for this club.

My plan is to renew once Wenger has gone, and I'm hoping it will reignite my passion again, but I'm not convinced that will be the case.
Summed it up well.

Been a few times this season and it's just a miserable experience. Surrounded by latte drinking hipster dickheads singing One Arsene Wenger and Na Na Na Na Giroud after he does fuck all for 90 mins just ruins it for me.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

dPmunky wrote:imagine how much more it would have gone up if we had won the league.
i know that 8% was discussed

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

Does anyone know when renewals for ST holders will be sent out/ emailed?

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Another Q: Does anyone know when the direct debit auto-renewal happens?

REB

Post by REB »

been a red member since this membership came in with no sign of been upgraded :? and have just renewed again this morning, i dont know why as i never use the card to go to games as i get tickets from the local supporters club so i just wasted best part of 50euro ffs :roll:

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

What does my box in is the utter disdain and contempt that the club now treat the customers sorry fans with.

From an email sent to me RE my direct debit.

Next season the price of Silver Membership will increase by £4.00. This is a result of increasing operational costs relating to Membership. It is only the second increase on Membership prices in the past five seasons

ONLY the 2nd time in 5 seasons ?? The last increase saw you nearly DOUBLE the fecking cost, so yeah its only the second increase but the price has gone up over 103% from 5 seasons ago. Christ have Arsenal hired Alistair Campbell or something to write that email with spin like that?

I have never in my life felt so disenfranchised from my beloved Arsenal, and their are still too many sheep in Lord Wengers Herd who are still lapping all this shit up.

p.s. For those asking. I applied for red membership in 2001 (the old TRS scheme) and got my silver in 2012.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the "hidden" cost of going to games is getting really ridiculous.

so say I go to 7 games per season as a red member then that is £5 on top of the price of a ticket and then probably about £3 booking fee as well. So a category B ticket becomes £43 for a lower tier ticket and nearly £60 for an upper tier. Of course with the 3% increase that will take it up to £60! Hmmm it does make you wonder. :rubchin:

If the club came out and said that they really were going to try and win the league next season then I wouldnt mind so much, but they are not :x

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

MrT wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:I pursued the elusive Silver Membership from 2004-2013 before eventually giving up at the start of this season (i.e. I didn't renew my Red Membership). I asked the club how long I was going to have to wait - given it had already been nine years - and they weren't willing to answer the question. For the last couple of years of the membership, I was only renewing to stay on the list, and I decided that I was essentially just wasting my money - because it could've gone on like that for another nine years, for all I know.

What really sent me over the edge was seeing the £50 Silver Membership cost - fuck that! And even if I did get it, I couldn't see myself paying £80+ for games. I just don't value the 'experience' at anywhere near that cost.

This season is the first that I haven't been to a single game (home or away) since 1992/93, when I was eight. I'm sad that it's come to this, but I have to say, I don't miss going at all. Even watching games on the TV is a chore. Shame, because in 2006, I would've fucking died for this club.

My plan is to renew once Wenger has gone, and I'm hoping it will reignite my passion again, but I'm not convinced that will be the case.
Summed it up well.

Been a few times this season and it's just a miserable experience. Surrounded by latte drinking hipster dickheads singing One Arsene Wenger and Na Na Na Na Giroud after he does fuck all for 90 mins just ruins it for me.
LOL spot on MrT. :lol:

I just go to away games now, as you say home games are grim!

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

REB wrote:been a red member since this membership came in with no sign of been upgraded :? and have just renewed again this morning, i dont know why as i never use the card to go to games as i get tickets from the local supporters club so i just wasted best part of 50euro ffs :roll:
p.s. Reb. its worth hanging on for Silver, as I loan mine to my supporters club to book against. So as well as building up credits it gives me first dibs on lower tier clock end seats (the best type of seats :barscarf: )through the club that I may not have got if I tried to book though the .com website.

Scot Gooner. Im with you on this one. Think I went to two home games this season vs about 10 away. Much better day out and piss up all round.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

gunner_ace wrote:
REB wrote:been a red member since this membership came in with no sign of been upgraded :? and have just renewed again this morning, i dont know why as i never use the card to go to games as i get tickets from the local supporters club so i just wasted best part of 50euro ffs :roll:
p.s. Reb. its worth hanging on for Silver, as I loan mine to my supporters club to book against. So as well as building up credits it gives me first dibs on lower tier clock end seats (the best type of seats :barscarf: )through the club that I may not have got if I tried to book though the .com website.

Scot Gooner. Im with you on this one. Think I went to two home games this season vs about 10 away. Much better day out and piss up all round.
Exactly!

Much better atmosphere , plus it's less travel for me and my dad so that's a bonus aswell :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

gunner_ace wrote:

we have a few silver cards in our supp club and we have never been refused any amount of tickets we have asked for, i have got tickets off here as well when i was booking late so really only keeping the membership for the sake of it tbh.

Ultimatum94

Post by Ultimatum94 »

So you get to keep your membership and still have a season ticket :?:

I always thought once you got the season ticket they'd terminate your membership.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

You can renew your season tickets if you login to your account.

Think I'm going to use the finance option they provide

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

VoiceOfReason wrote:This season is the first that I haven't been to a single game (home or away) since 1992/93, when I was eight. I'm sad that it's come to this, but I have to say, I don't miss going at all. Even watching games on the TV is a chore. Shame, because in 2006, I would've fucking died for this club.

First of all, apologies for picking on your particular post, but it was just the one that tipped me over the edge when reading the "woe is me" posts on here...

In the 1980's I had seasons when I missed maybe one or two games - home and away. But my first kid was born in 1993 and I then had a good few seasons when I literally went to just one or two games. Unfortunately, that coincided with one of the most successful periods in our history! But I haven't missed a complete season since 1974/75 - and have held 3 season tickets throughout our (trophyless) time at the Grove

So forgive me for saying this, but I think you are spoilt and have little to complain about... "You would've died for this club"...in 2006 when we reached the Champions League Final...Big deal...!!! We were a mid table side at best for at least the first 10 years of my time going to games...but it didn't dim my enthusiasm and there were occasions when dying for the club was a real possibility!!

The point I guess I'm trying to make is FFS stop using the new stadium, price of a membership or Arsene Wenger down as an excuse for not going to games... I had to live through Terry Neil as Manager and that was pretty dire I can tell you!

If you don't want to go to games then don't go. But don't then come on a fans forum and expect to be taken seriously by true gooners... Now where's that smilie with the tin hat when you need it :shock: !!!