FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Hull

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Hull

Post by nut flush gooner »

Supagoon wrote:Some strange comments on this thread.

Don't care about winning it?

Hoping we chuck it to spite man utd?

Er yeah, anyways..

Fabianski will play because in some ****cked up way Arsene thinks he deserves it. The guy is leaving us, it makes no sense, he still an inferior keeper to Sczezney, and I fear that the flapping will return. Woj has got a fcuk up in him, but he still a better keeper.

If Arsene starts the misfit up front I will be depressed, even the novelty of him crashing into defenders has worn off, we need to score so play giroud. If we play anything other than our 1st 11 the coach needs to be sectioned, what would he possibly be saving them for??

Let's win this thing!!! Watching Vieira win us that cup in 2005 is starting to get blurry.

I've got my faith in Aaron and Per to deliver the goods. :barscarf:
Too fucking right. When was the last time we won something and the chavs/manure didn't!

Anyone who doesn't want us to win on saturday isn't a gooner imo.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Same people who are saying we did this the easy way are the same people that in August were telling us how much better Spurs and Everton where, and that we are miles behind Liverpool - we beat all three!

Its about winning the cup, we have had tough draws before and not won it, easy draws and not won it - its a cup, the "best team" doesnt necessarily win it - but thats why its so hard to win trophies!

augie

Post by augie »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Same people who are saying we did this the easy way are the same people that in August were telling us how much better Spurs and Everton where, and that we are miles behind Liverpool - we beat all three!

Its about winning the cup, we have had tough draws before and not won it, easy draws and not won it - its a cup, the "best team" doesnt necessarily win it - but thats why its so hard to win trophies!

Most Gooners recognise that we had to beat the victims, the scum and the toffee's in order to get this far, and whilst we were lucky to get all home draws, it doesnt take away from the fact that our path to the final was far from easy

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I have a funny feeling it could end up with a whipping 5-0, Rambo hattrick, Jenko and Sanogo scoring at the end :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Theoperator wrote:I have a funny feeling it could end up with a whipping 5-0, Rambo hattrick, Jenko and Sanogo scoring at the end :barscarf: :barscarf:
i'm 50/50 - bloody depressed about it but 50/50, i think it'll be either 1-0 either way and a poor game, or Ramsey/Giroud will score early, we'll get a 2nd and then end up mullering them.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:With regards to the Globe, it was a good crack before the semi and no doubt a lot from the forum made the pub ours. Shame not as many peeps have tickets for the final.
You spell that word "craic", not "crack".

"Crack" be a whole differizzle shnizzle mah dizzle. Muhfuh.

:lol: :wink:
Only if you are irish ;). As usual the irish don't spell words as they speak them! Try googling it, you will find the way I spelt it is fine........

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

thats why hlebby spells it "crack" :wink:

blocknineteen

Post by blocknineteen »

This trophy should we win it "could" be a springboard for more to come. However, here and now we are in the Fa Cup Final for the first time in years and should be treating it in the right right way whoever the starting eleven are. I'm giving up a day out on the piss with the boys (not in the globe),as taking my two year son to the game and obviously need to be sober. If only my dad took me to my first final in 79....

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

I think also, the ramifications of not winning it could be huge.

Having beaten so many big sides, to lose to a club we are obviously better than - in a Final, AGAIN could be devastating.

Kos, Jack, Shezza (if he plays), Sagna, Gibbs, Ramsey - their development could be stopped if we dont get this monkey off out backs - the same as converserly (we all hope) that winning it would breed confidence and belief.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:With regards to the Globe, it was a good crack before the semi and no doubt a lot from the forum made the pub ours. Shame not as many peeps have tickets for the final.
You spell that word "craic", not "crack".

"Crack" be a whole differizzle shnizzle mah dizzle. Muhfuh.

:lol: :wink:
Only if you are irish ;). As usual the irish don't spell words as they speak them! Try googling it, you will find the way I spelt it is fine........
i've always spelt it crack too - growing up in London "having a crack" was a common expression. not related to "the craic" at all.

crack is short for " cracking " whereas "craic" means atmosphere or spirit of a place or event.

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

I dreamt we lost :rubchin: .

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Does anyone know whats up with Serge Gnabrys knee? I take it he wont be on the bench.

Listed as knee injury for 6weeks or so- are the medical team feasting on Osso Buco and who will be next :|

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Ryanswannell wrote:I dreamt we lost :rubchin: .
I dreamt we won :rubchin:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

I want to win this so badly....I would also like to apologise to Aaron unreservedly. I doubted him, got the injury,but still doubted him. never been more delighted to be proved so wrong. Win it for us, win it for you...AW I don't care about the you bit by the way
:barscarf:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Aaron Ramsey he scores goals at will :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: