Forming a breakway club?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jimmythecuckoo

Re: Forming a breakway club?

Post by Jimmythecuckoo »

clockender1 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:It just simply wouldn't be The Arsenal. For all the misgivings about the current situation the club still shines through in a lot of ways and still remains underneath.
like what ? - the 100 quid Nike 20 shirt ?

:oops:
Is that going on sale at that price?

Wow.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

More importantly, it's great that the OP managed to get TWO old chocolate biscuit names in the thread title......Breakaway and Club!! He could have gone one step further though and said forming a BLUE RIBAND BREAKAWAY CLUB!! 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

spike241

Post by spike241 »

Jimmythecuckoo wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:It just simply wouldn't be The Arsenal. For all the misgivings about the current situation the club still shines through in a lot of ways and still remains underneath.
like what ? - the 100 quid Nike 20 shirt ?

:oops:
Is that going on sale at that price?

Wow.
No, because it's not going on sale. It's a one off shirt made for the club.

Jimmythecuckoo

Post by Jimmythecuckoo »

I take that wow back then.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Progress is progress ; new ground, location, badge, motto etc ; get over it, it's the way the world works.

'But they are selling a Nike shirt for £100!'

No they ain't.

Never let facts get in the way of getting another dig in against the club.

This thread is a load of bollocks.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TheCook wrote:Progress is progress ; new ground, location, badge, motto etc ; get over it, it's the way the world works.

'But they are selling a Nike shirt for £100!'

No they ain't.

Tbh I've never gotten over losing the iconic crest with proper cannon and gothic font and motto and probably never will. The fact they replaced it with some marketing arsehole's simplified cartoon just makes it worse for me.

BUT;

It's still Arsenal. And I support Arsenal. Not Arsenal-Lite or Kind-of-Arsenal or some breakaway club by a few disgruntled fans. Fuck that. My associaton is as much about our history and our tradition as it is about the team or club that I watch now, it's the whole, not just elements of it.

Arsenal for life. 8)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

TheCook wrote: 'But they are selling a Nike shirt for £100!'

No they ain't.

my apologies - they are not actually selling the shirt for a 100 quid each, no.

they are selling a photo of the shirt for a 100 quid each :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... rt-3569948

:banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote: It's still Arsenal. And I support Arsenal. Not Arsenal-Lite or Kind-of-Arsenal or some breakaway club by a few disgruntled fans. Fuck that. My associaton is as much about our history and our tradition as it is about the team or club that I watch now, it's the whole, not just elements of it.

Arsenal for life. 8)
just because you go and watch a lower league team, wouldn't mean you stop supporting The Arsenal.

it would just mean not spending money on them...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote: It's still Arsenal. And I support Arsenal. Not Arsenal-Lite or Kind-of-Arsenal or some breakaway club by a few disgruntled fans. Fuck that. My associaton is as much about our history and our tradition as it is about the team or club that I watch now, it's the whole, not just elements of it.

Arsenal for life. 8)
just because you go and watch a lower league team, wouldn't mean you stop supporting The Arsenal.

it would just mean not spending money on them...
Yeah, and that is a fair point. I suppose another thing for me is I just wouldn't have the time or energy to commit emotionally enough to another team to make me want to go regularly... :|

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

TeeCee wrote:More importantly, it's great that the OP managed to get TWO old chocolate biscuit names in the thread title......Breakaway and Club!! He could have gone one step further though and said forming a BLUE RIBAND BREAKAWAY CLUB!! 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:
I give this new team just a season before the Wagon Wheels fall off.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

TheCook wrote:
I agree

markyp

Post by markyp »

we are already a breakaway club,if you hadn't noticed we used to be Arsenal F.c but now operate under the title of Arsene F.c,Arsene out :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

QuartzGooner wrote:
TeeCee wrote:More importantly, it's great that the OP managed to get TWO old chocolate biscuit names in the thread title......Breakaway and Club!! He could have gone one step further though and said forming a BLUE RIBAND BREAKAWAY CLUB!! 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:
i'm not sure, i'm caught Twix a rock and a hard place on this one...

i'll take Time Out and i'll think about it in a Digestive manner over a Nice Finger or two of Bourbon.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
i'm not sure, i'm caught Twix a rock and a hard place on this one...

i'll take Time Out and i'll think about it in a Digestive manner over a Nice Finger or two of Bourbon.
I think that is a good idea. A new club might go for Giles Garibaldi, oops sorry, Grimandi, as chief scout or manager. It would not be Rich, Tea cups would fly in the dressing room if we were losing.
Would we play in the same Kit? Cat "A" games would not really exist would they?
The profit margin would be Wafer thin, the revenue less than United, and the crowd would hardly Hob Nob with the great and good, but the atmosphere would be Nice and if some Israeli fans would visit from Jaffa, cakes could be served to entertain them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Interesting Topic lads but this thread is becoming a bit of a Marathon now which is Nuts. I think it would cause more than a Ripple if we formed a Breakaway Club. The idea is just a bit Flake-y for my liking though