[POLL] Should we have bought back Cesc Fabregas?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you buy Cesc Fabregas this summer?

YES
68%
NO
22%
MAYBE
10%

Total votes: 145

augie

Re: [POLL] Should we buy back Cesc Fabregas?

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Ultimatum94 wrote:
goonersid wrote:On a purely football basis, if he came back we could fund the move by offloading "Jackie powder puff" especially if he has one good game at the world cup, then the English media will be creaming themselves, thus pushing up his market value.
Can't believe you said that... :banghead:
Non-Englishman gets bitter and twisted about Englishman going to World Cup.....who'd have thought it eh ? :D

Never mind - soon we'll be hearing the other myth about how the English media all think we're going to win the World Cup

Wait until ye beat peru on Friday night.......media wankathon will move into turbo :lol: :lol: :lol:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

northbank123 wrote:ATID Fabregas let himself and the club down in the last couple of months at the club but he carried us for years and didn't exactly "go on strike". We just didn't have the balls to hold him to his contract and tell him to suck it up.

And he's miles better than Nasri, not to mention the fact I doubt you'll actually find Nasri accepting he's a prick.
I feel like making a controversial opinion: 9/11 was bad.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Ultimatum94 wrote:
goonersid wrote:On a purely football basis, if he came back we could fund the move by offloading "Jackie powder puff" especially if he has one good game at the world cup, then the English media will be creaming themselves, thus pushing up his market value.
Non-Englishman gets bitter and twisted about Englishman going to World Cup.....who'd have thought it eh ? :D

Never mind - soon we'll be hearing the other myth about how the English media all think we're going to win the World Cup

Wait until ye beat peru on Friday night.......media wankathon will move into turbo :lol: :lol: :lol:
The World Cup isn't coming home

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Ultimatum94 wrote:
Why?? He would be at his most saleable, and it would delay possible suitors from realising that he ain't very good.

topcat

Post by topcat »

If we get cesc back our midfield we be scary! Walcott, ozil, ramsey, cazorla, cesc, podolski (if he stays) ox, gnabry, flamini, arteta...that would be the best in the league!

Buy a proven world class forward as well and we'll win the league im sure of it!

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

topcat wrote:If we get cesc back our midfield we be scary! Walcott, ozil, ramsey, cazorla, cesc, podolski (if he stays) ox, gnabry, flamini, arteta...that would be the best in the league!

Buy a proven world class forward as well and we'll win the league im sure of it!
A goalkeeper and your ten midfielders would be an interesting formation, but sadly doesn't leave room for a forward.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

topcat wrote:If we get cesc back our midfield we be scary! Walcott, ozil, ramsey, cazorla, cesc, podolski (if he stays) ox, gnabry, flamini, arteta...that would be the best in the league!

1989 - did you hack topcat's account? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:

A goalkeeper and your ten midfielders would be an interesting formation, but sadly doesn't leave room for a forward.
Ah the glorious 1-10-0 formation that Wenger has been working towards for 20 years. Someday, when the ignorant have truly become learned, it will be the standard in world football. 8)

topcat

Post by topcat »

GranadaJoe wrote:

Our defence is bang on in my opinion. These big defeats have come from bad tactics, not bad defending..

Like i said, cesc and a world class striker...all we need.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

topcat wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

Our defence is bang on in my opinion. These big defeats have come from bad tactics, not bad defending..

Like i said, cesc and a world class striker...all we need.
We're about a week away from needing a new right back. Which means we'll probably need another centre back as Sagna was able to "do a job" there last season when needed. Not to mention the big possibility that Vermaelen will leave and we'll need a replacement there too! Other than that the defence is spot on 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bad tactics definitely root cause but bad defending too definitely! Agree that our defence was a huge concern but as Kiwomya said we now need a RB. And Wenger's recent track record of replacing established players in a prompt and effective fashion leaves a lot to be desired.

We obviously need a back-up GK although we could easily improve on Flappy. I'd also like a decent LB instead of that useless coward Monreal (particularly given Gibbs' injury record) but maybe I'm just greedy.

Ultimatum94

Post by Ultimatum94 »

goonersid wrote:
Ultimatum94 wrote:
Why?? He would be at his most saleable, and it would delay possible suitors from realising that he ain't very good.

That's where me and you disagree then. :lol:

I believe he is top, top quality

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Ultimatum94 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Ultimatum94 wrote:

That's where me and you disagree then. :lol:

I believe he is top, top quality
I'd go further and say he's top top top quality :barscarf: 8)

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

1989 - did you hack topcat's account? :rubchin:

Couldn't have as I'm not too keen on Cesc coming back. :wink: :-P

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

This could be a moot point, he's expected to stay according to Barca:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... no-to-stay

Probably the best scenario as far as we're concerned: he's not going to a PL rival, and we won't be faced with the awakrd task of trying to fit him back in to the team.

Now let's concentrate on making priority signings, i.e., a striker and a DM.