[POLL] Should we have bought back Cesc Fabregas?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you buy Cesc Fabregas this summer?

YES
68%
NO
22%
MAYBE
10%

Total votes: 145

goonersid

Re: [POLL] Should we buy back Cesc Fabregas?

Post by goonersid »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... c-fabregas
Looks like Wenger is about to commit another act of treachery, we are starting to pay the price for our FA cup win.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

QuartzGooner wrote:
turricaned wrote:
One thing that seems to be overlooked on the impact it would have on the squad ("Özil and Rambo occupy his positions") is that the *precise reason* Cesc is unhappy at Barca is because of his lack of a consistent first-team position there.
It is quite possible to play Cesc and Ramsey central midfield with Ozil in front or wide midfield, or even Ramsey and Flamini central with Cesc as a number 10 with Ozil and Walcott wide.
That is something I would like to see.

Jimmythecuckoo

Post by Jimmythecuckoo »

I would buy him back, just to stop him replacement Lampard at Chelsea :cussing:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Its silly season so im reluctant to go really mad,

But letting a player he nutured, his ex club captain and one of the few World Class players he has produced go to a rival in the same league? Surely, Surely, Surely he wouldnt allow that**** - espcially Jose.

We are still owed a shit load of money by Barca, it wouldnt even cost us that much really?

** Then i remembered...RVP lol BUT Cesc WANTS to be an Arsenal player.

augie

Post by augie »

The more this drags out, the more convinced that he wont be joining us - watching him play for another premier league club will break my heart in a way that hasn't happened before (similar to watching merse playing with another team but much much worse). This is the modern day AFC...........the club that keeps on giving out the hurt :cry: :cry:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

He wouldn't be my priority, but I couldn't stomach seeing him turn out for a rival.

He's a fantastic player and he loves Arsenal. He's strong, intelligent and can score so he could easily play the Rambo role (which requires a lot of energy) but could also be a huge improvement over Arteta in the deep-lying playmaker role.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

augie wrote:The more this drags out, the more convinced that he wont be joining us - watching him play for another premier league club will break my heart in a way that hasn't happened before (similar to watching merse playing with another team but much much worse). This is the modern day AFC...........the club that keeps on giving out the hurt :cry: :cry:
Same feelings here. I would imagine that he really wants to join us if that possibility would arise, but to let him go to our rival... it is going to hurt deep if that happens. Doesn't he even have homegrown status in England? It's madness if we let him go, there has to be a way to include him in the squad.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

What is the point of the clause in the contract if we dont use it?

The facts are Arteta and Cazorla were signed as way of filling the gap that Cesc left, they may not have been direct replacememts but they were bought in the 2 years after he left so there should be no issues with where to put him as those 2 simply fall down the pecking order, Arteta will probably leave soon anyway and wr rarely have periods where everyone is fit.

This excuse that he is not our priority is nonsense, its a smokescreen to cover up spending 25m on a player and I wouldnt be surprised to see us spend moderately this Summer.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think there is something being overlooked here and that is Arsene's attitude in all this. Does he still rate Cesc? Does he want him back? And probably most importantly what is their relationship like nowdays?

No one knows exactly what went on when Cesc asked to leave, what was said by whom and to whom. For all we know, Arsene might have the absolute hump with Cesc, possibly feels betrayed by his wanting to leave, and might even hate him at this stage. Now, I'm not saying Cesc betrayed Wenger (before one of you hysterical bitches mis-reads that and has a hissy fit :roll: :lol: ) but possibly THAT is how Arsene feels... :|

As much as another midfielder is not our priority, I too would be gutted to see Cesc in another PL jersey. :(

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

The club don't want him, he's gong elsewhere.

I'm over it already, just do not kiss the f**king badge of whatever c**ts you sign for as that will make you look a right tw*t.

We've got a selling on %age coming our way so hopefully when he signs for the Russian roubles or the arab shekels at least it gives us money to sign some average sh*te :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I think there is something being overlooked here and that is Arsene's attitude in all this. Does he still rate Cesc? Does he want him back? And probably most importantly what is their relationship like nowdays?

No one knows exactly what went on when Cesc asked to leave, what was said by whom and to whom. For all we know, Arsene might have the absolute hump with Cesc, possibly feels betrayed by his wanting to leave, and might even hate him at this stage. Now, I'm not saying Cesc betrayed Wenger (before one of you hysterical bitches mis-reads that and has a hissy fit :roll: :lol: ) but possibly THAT is how Arsene feels... :|

As much as another midfielder is not our priority, I too would be gutted to see Cesc in another PL jersey. :(
Agree, I get the feeling Cesc threw his toys out of the pram to get his move to Barca. It might have put Wengers nose out of joint. BUT, even if he had one shit season by his standards he is in his prime now and to see him marauding through midfield in any premiership jersey other than Arsenal's is very bad imo.

Perhaps wenger feels that we don't need a player of Cesc's type but if you look at all our other midfielders only ramsey has a ton of goals in him. Cesc is perfectly capable of playing just off the striker and would add value to our squad, for that there is no doubt.

We have just won the cup, and we should be looking to push on in the league and in Europe. I know its been said many times, but we need to buy quality not allow players to go to our rivals especially when we get first dibbs.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

QuartzGooner wrote:
turricaned wrote:
One thing that seems to be overlooked on the impact it would have on the squad ("Özil and Rambo occupy his positions") is that the *precise reason* Cesc is unhappy at Barca is because of his lack of a consistent first-team position there.
It is quite possible to play Cesc and Ramsey central midfield with Ozil in front or wide midfield, or even Ramsey and Flamini central with Cesc as a number 10 with Ozil and Walcott wide.
That midfield would get more goals, we'd win a few games 4/5nil like the old days but would still lose away to Shitty and Chavs, albeit probably a bit less of a drubbing.

I'd prefer we spent decent mula on someone that'll stop us being dicked by 2 teams we all can't stand.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I think there is something being overlooked here and that is Arsene's attitude in all this. Does he still rate Cesc? Does he want him back? And probably most importantly what is their relationship like nowdays?

Agree, I get the feeling Cesc threw his toys out of the pram to get his move to Barca. It might have put Wengers nose out of joint. BUT, even if he had one shit season by his standards he is in his prime now and to see him marauding through midfield in any premiership jersey other than Arsenal's is very bad imo.

Perhaps wenger feels that we don't need a player of Cesc's type but if you look at all our other midfielders only ramsey has a ton of goals in him. Cesc is perfectly capable of playing just off the striker and would add value to our squad, for that there is no doubt.

We have just won the cup, and we should be looking to push on in the league and in Europe. I know its been said many times, but we need to buy quality not allow players to go to our rivals especially when we get first dibbs.
We have enough midfielders to win games. We just need a decent striker to put away the countless chances that Rambo/Cazorla/Ozil/Wilshere/Roscky/Even the Ox will create. Then someone to slam the door shut in midfield when too much tiki-f**king-taka gives the ball away.

Cesc is a luxury buy.

I don't want him to go elsewhere but to spend the money on him and not have enough to buy a decent CM would be irresponsible in the extreme. As much a sacking offence as any other sh*t AW has done in the last 9yrs.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Wenger and sacking do not go together in the same sentence :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

The thing is Wenker is on record as saying he believed Cesc would return to Arsenal at some point in his career, as for taking the hump, I’m sure he wasn’t too pleased with Flamini’s departure, but it didn’t stop him signing the money grabbing little fucker when he had nowhere else to go.
Anyone saying we don’t need him (not referring to you db) is talking absolute bollocks. Cesc would be the best midfielder playing in the premier league if he returns next season and I would gladly let Carzola, Wilshite, Rosicky and Flamoney fuck off in order to “accommodate him” rather than let him go to another premier league side.