[POLL] Should we have bought back Cesc Fabregas?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you buy Cesc Fabregas this summer?

YES
68%
NO
22%
MAYBE
10%

Total votes: 145

augie

Re: cesc the BLUE

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
afcforever wrote:Fuck him and fuck Chelski.
Well said mate.

You getting into bed with the wum's now 1989 ? :roll:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Amazing isn't it?
If the news had filtered through we had signed Cesc the forum would have been full of praise for Wenger.
But instead he gives him the knock back and its all Cesc's fault.
Mourhino has replaced Lampard with Fab, its a no brainer for him.
Watch Wenger next season fidgeting in his seat, or fiddling nervously with his zip while Fabregas runs rings around us.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:I'm no Wenger fan and I want him out of Arsenal asap however and most of you know my position on Cesc.

However, have any of you stop to consider the actual possibility that Cesc pissed Wenger off with the way he forced his "dream move" to Barcelona?

Before that is taken out of context by some of the more short tempered members ( :-P :wink: ) I am not DEFENDING Wenger. I am looking at it from a very possible angle.

Failing that, I demand a trial by combat :evil: :barscarf:
I did and came to the next hurdle - If he pissed off Wenger, then why the buy-back clause?

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Robin_L wrote:No problem with Cesc, he's taking a move to a competitive club that will help him get a shot at the title. He even courted Arsenal.

Wenger, however, is an utter nobjockey. I wish him eternal trouble with his coat zipper :)

The timing of all this isn't entirely his fault of course, but should've 100% been an Arsenal player and now the feelgood factor among many Arsenal moderates will evaporate. Will need several big name signings now to appease most supporters. Heats on, Arséne.
We will sign players. Wenger is a contrary fucker but he's not mad. :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

cameron326 wrote:We are going to splash big money this summer on a world class forward and a right back.

Ozil is a more effective and efficient player than Cesc. Madrid fans weeper crying into their paella when Ozil left.

You think Barcelona fans are crying now?
you must be living in a Wenker wonderland mate,id take cesc in a heart beat over ozil,what part of ozils play last season gave you a hard on ? and no I cant see him having a 'Pires' season comes august :banghead:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

cameron326 wrote:
Ozil is a more effective and efficient player than Cesc. Madrid fans were crying into their paella when Ozil left.
The Real fans were crying their eyes out when the man they replaced Ozil with won them the Champions League

northbankbren

Re: [POLL] Should we buy back Cesc Fabregas?

Post by northbankbren »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
northbankbren wrote:He can go fuck himself a grade a *word censored*
Sorry. WENGER has chance to sign him, refuses, Cesc has only one option, takes it and...it's CESC fault?! No wonder AW keeps getting such an easy ride. Just how easy our idiot fans blame the players (RVP, Nasri, Cole, now Cesc)...

Fabregas will win trophies next season (I mean real ones like the league). We had our chance and the **** in charge has just handed Chelski a huge initiative
ONE OPTION???? Really???

"Cesc we've accepted a bid from chelsea"

"I'm not interested in going to chelsea"

ITS THAT EASY. It was Fabregas who decided to sign for them, not wenger or anyone at Arsenal. He could have waited and seen how the World Cup went and if any others would come in, but HE decided not too, and went to them.

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
Well said mate.

You getting into bed with the wum's now 1989 ? :roll:
Wum or not, he's spot on.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Jonny_Gooner wrote:That picture makes me feel sick. But all of these people laying blame at Cesc's feet is utterly insane. We had the option to buy him before anyone else, he would have gladly came back but Wenger/the board/whoever decided not to take up that option... And yet somehow Cesc is the c*nt.

Oh but I forgot, he was meant to retire from football entirely if he couldn't play for Barcelona or Arsenal, right? :banghead:
Because it was HIS decision to go to chelsea, no one else made that call but him.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

markyp wrote:
cameron326 wrote:We are going to splash big money this summer on a world class forward and a right back.

Ozil is a more effective and efficient player than Cesc. Madrid fans weeper crying into their paella when Ozil left.

You think Barcelona fans are crying now?
you must be living in a Wenker wonderland mate,id take cesc in a heart beat over ozil,what part of ozils play last season gave you a hard on ? and no I cant see him having a 'Pires' season comes august :banghead:
If Walcott had stayed fit I think we would have challenged until the last week for the title - Walcott and Ozil were linking brilliantly. And then there's Ramsey. Expecting Ozil to win us the league when he's got Mr Statue Giroud ahead of him, an injured Walcott and an injured Ramsey (our only runner from infield) is ludicrous.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

donaldo wrote:
cameron326 wrote:
Ozil is a more effective and efficient player than Cesc. Madrid fans were crying into their paella when Ozil left.
The Real fans were crying their eyes out when the man they replaced Ozil with won them the Champions League
Yeah, and finished third in La Liga, to a team with a fifth of the budget.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

augie wrote:

and fcuk wenker and every c*nt that continues to defend him :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

What augie said.
I don't have any ill feelings towards Cesc though. What was he supposed to do, sign for Everton?

WENGER OUT

Post by 1989 »

goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
1989 wrote:And no he doesn't 'piss all over" Ramsey and Özil especially. If he did, Barca wouldn't be desperately trying to get rid of him.

And real Madrid packed ozil's suitcases, hired a taxi and threw ozil forcibly onto the plane so how does that fcuk up your anti cesc argument ? :roll:
Augie this guy is a prize W***k*r, I wouldn't waste my time
Bit harsh Sid. It's not like I wished the man who ended our trophy drought was "shawcrossed".

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Top Londoner wrote:
augie wrote:

and fcuk wenker and every c*nt that continues to defend him :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

What augie said.
I don't have any ill feelings towards Cesc though. What was he supposed to do, sign for Everton?

WENGER OUT

But why the hell do we have to sign him? We've got a bloody good midfield. Sentimentality be damned let's sign players we NEED.

markyp

Post by markyp »

cameron326 wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
augie wrote:

What augie said.

But why the hell do we have to sign him? We've got a bloody good midfield. Sentimentality be damned let's sign players we NEED.