The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: SUMMER 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by markyp »

I find peoples views on here quite astonishing at times,we bitch that players leave for more money cashley springs to mind,then we have a young player who all he wants to do is play for the club he supports,not motivated by money or greed just the love of Arsenal and people don't feel sorry that he could be on his way out of the door just because he is already a professional footballer,anybody would think that all arsenal players are simply our bitches to do as we want,not people with feelings too.i for one will feel sorry for Jenko,i don't care that hes earning a fortune anyway regardless of who he plays for,hes just a kid that just wants to play for Arsenal,to play for us.show him some respect ffs,honestly the jealousy and bitterness on here is shameful at times :(

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

markyp wrote:I find peoples views on here quite astonishing at times,we bitch that players leave for more money cashley springs to mind,then we have a young player who all he wants to do is play for the club he supports,not motivated by money or greed just the love of Arsenal and people don't feel sorry that he could be on his way out of the door just because he is already a professional footballer,anybody would think that all arsenal players are simply our bitches to do as we want,not people with feelings too.i for one will feel sorry for Jenko,i don't care that hes earning a fortune anyway regardless of who he plays for,hes just a kid that just wants to play for Arsenal,to play for us.show him some respect ffs,honestly the jealousy and bitterness on here is shameful at times :(
Hopefully if he leaves it will only be on loan.
Personally I think he will become a very good player, one you can rely on to give 100%.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

1989 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:All the talk of needing a DM ,but centre back is another area we are very weak in ,we all know wht the 1st choice pairing is going to be ,but our back ups are tv5( if he doesnt leave) and Miguel tht scares the shit out of me .we need another major signing there
I've been hearing Wenger rates Hayden very highly and thinks he can be our 4th choice CB.
You're full of shit.

MrT

Post by MrT »

goonertux wrote:
1989 wrote:
MrT wrote:
1989 wrote:
goonertux wrote:Personally, I feel we're finally moving in the right direction. God knows it's taken long enough! Since 2008 we've all been crying out for 1st team strengthening, and it's finally happening. Yes we need some cohones in midfield, but to mention Pat Howard and Terry Mancini FFS! Ozil and Sanchez will be top drawer for us this season. I still have issues with Wenger, and think he should have gone two years ago, but I'm prepared to look at this season with some optimism. This place can get seriously depressing at times!
It's like some enjoy being miserable fuckers on here. We'd sign Messi tomorrow and I guarantee they'd have something to moan about it.
Oh I didn't realise we had signed a proper striker (not a winger) a dm and a cb. You know, strengthening the main priorities of the team.
Wenger says Alexis is a striker. You wanna argue with him?
Interesting what the definition of a proper striker is? To me, it's someone who scores goals! Sanchez will get 20-25 this season. He's quick, skilful, shoots(!), and he's strong on the ball. We all know Giroud has his shortcomings, but he'll weigh in with 15-20, along with Walcott, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, and The Ox all weighing in, then I don't see the need for another striker as a priority.
How can people not differentiate between an out and out striker/goalscorer and a forward/winger? I have no doubt Sanchez will do well but the vast majority of his career has been spent as a winger. We have been crying out for a natural world class striker and not more square pegs in round holes.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

gp543 wrote:
1989 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:All the talk of needing a DM ,but centre back is another area we are very weak in ,we all know wht the 1st choice pairing is going to be ,but our back ups are tv5( if he doesnt leave) and Miguel tht scares the shit out of me .we need another major signing there
I've been hearing Wenger rates Hayden very highly and thinks he can be our 4th choice CB.
You're full of shit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: harsh but fair :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I know with all the hot weather tempers are getting a bit frayed. Can you keep to arguing about the facts ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: ) and not get personal please.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Chippy wrote:I know with all the hot weather tempers are getting a bit frayed. Can you keep to arguing about the facts ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: ) and not get personal please.
:cry: :roll: :D

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

nut flush gooner wrote:
topgoon wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
topgoon wrote:A new CB, an actual striker not a f**king pseudo-fancy-look at me I can pass the ball mofo, A proper f**king striker and a new manag

Wish we'd not won that f**king piece of sh*t now.

The glow from it is gone, we are back to what we will be for the next 3 f**king years :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yeah sure we shouldn't have won the FA cup, then so called fans could just carry on with their stupid agenda's.

Most gooners (who where there) wouldn't give your opinions the time of day. Why don't you turn up on match day and spout this drivel, it's easy to talk bollocks on a forum.

Superfan alert. If you have to resort to insulting me from the off,then you argument dies a tragic early death.

My dear boy/girl I go to the games and only gave up going to home games when I got priced out of it and when I could afford it decided the pub was a good place to watch as paying extortionate amounts for certain players was beyond the pale.

I still go away to games very regularly even with 3 children under 7,so it's not a picnic. I travel the length and breadth of this country to watch the Arsenal because I live in hope as a true supporter...we can't all be superfans.

I have the long term interest of this club at heart and it is not being served properly by a manager who runs it like his own personal fiefdom and refuses to move with the times.
The club have cleverly surrounded themselves especially at home games with people who now accept,rather than wanting what we are capable of. We won the Fa cup it was brilliant but how in God's name has it helped us progress.

We still dither in the market like we are a poor club and lose signings or pull out after putting all our eggs in one basket.

By the way,suddenly signing expensive players is not a sign of the manager moving with the times,it's what we have been able to do for the last 2-3yrs.

Yes everyone at the game loved the result and it was the result and particularly how Rambo redeemed our season but I'm sure all those there at 2-0 down started to wonder why we STILL can't do basic defending as a team. Want to take a guess at whose fault that is.

Guess what,he's still here and will be for 3yrs minimum. We will not win the league under his management. Still happy. Yes, I expect you are because we can now spend big.

Ooh with lock up your goalies lower half teams, big spending, midget ridden, striker-light Arsenal are coming. The rest of you in the league,breathe easy. You can watch them huff and puff for 60mins and counterattack... Bang you've scored. Or you can try the other well worn trick again watch them huff and puff for 60mins, win a quick corner....bang you've got a goal. Then just stick 10 behind the ball and Bob's your uncle...if you're really lucky they'll be so gung Ho,counterattack... Bang 2-0.

Still having fun are we?
Fuck me, superfan what the fuck is up your back side?

I want us to win trophies, not fuck up again so the "wenger agenda" can be solved. I support the club not the manager, even if I don't necessarily agree with the direction in the club going with its policies. Nothing can beat going to a cup final and bagging the trophy and I ain't gonna let some random twat on a footy forum tell me otherwise.

So if you honestly think I give a flying fuck what you've got to say about "superfans" you are sadly mistaken. You're an embarrassment to the club and so is anyone who thinks like this.

An embarrassment to the club for not going along with the party line.

Not one word of rebuttal,once again just insults.

Grow up. Debate with me on why I'm wrong. It's what grown ups do. If you can't hold a simple debate with me about why I am wrong. Then that is your own problem.

If me having an opinion whilst still supporting the club makes me an embarrassment,then I feel sorry for the narrow mind that exists within fans like you.

Probably too subtle for you but there is a clear reason I keep calling you a FAN, if you figure it out, Bravo.

Doubt it though. Embarrassment..... Seriously grow up.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
MrT wrote:
1989 wrote:
goonertux wrote:Personally, I feel we're finally moving in the right direction. God knows it's taken long enough! Since 2008 we've all been crying out for 1st team strengthening, and it's finally happening. Yes we need some cohones in midfield, but to mention Pat Howard and Terry Mancini FFS! Ozil and Sanchez will be top drawer for us this season. I still have issues with Wenger, and think he should have gone two years ago, but I'm prepared to look at this season with some optimism. This place can get seriously depressing at times!
It's like some enjoy being miserable fuckers on here. We'd sign Messi tomorrow and I guarantee they'd have something to moan about it.
Oh I didn't realise we had signed a proper striker (not a winger) a dm and a cb. You know, strengthening the main priorities of the team.

Would fcuking love to - you name the time and the place and I will be there (will guarantee you that we will need a new manager after that meeting 8) )

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

For the record, I have not been an Akb just wanted to give Arsene as much time as possible to learn from his mistakes as possible.

I still very much love the man for what he's done for us and do get a bit protective when he's called senile etc but like all good things he's come to his end and all he will do is keep us thereabouts. We are capable and now in a good financial place to surpass thereabouts.

I'd quite like to get there and I don't think he can do that anymore. It's an opinion. Even 1989 is allowed them. Granted I'm convinced he's spent this transfer window on the happy pills :lol:

Anyway this is a transfer thread not Topgoon and nutflush get into one thread.

I like the Ospina signing.

There,I said it what does that make me today...Akb,Akfab..... :rubchin:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
MrT wrote:
1989 wrote:

Would fcuking love to - you name the time and the place and I will be there (will guarantee you that we will need a new manager after that meeting 8) )

With your avatar,not sure the law will allow that meeting :wink:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Time for a chuckle at the victims

Remy has failed his medical.

So they have upgraded from Suarez to Lambert and,and......that's it. Wonder if Maureen will let them have Lukaku?

It's getting thing on the ground for strikers now that Griezmann is off to Atletico. This explains why Remy has been in the US since Tuesday yet they hadn't finalised the deal.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

1989 wrote:
MrT wrote:
1989 wrote:
Wenger has also said that Ozil is an option up front, and he also thought that Bendtner could play on the wing.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

bendy was hardly garrincha , was he?
Christ, those were truly dark days

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Southhampton journo Simon Peach saying we may announce Chambers tomorrow:
Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 11m

Told Calum Chambers' move to #AFC should be announced tomorrow. Dejan Lovren's departure to #LFC to be confirmed then as well.
Should be a great day to be a Saints fan tomorrow.