The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: SUMMER 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by Leyton Gooner »

1989 wrote:SSN saying we've accepted a 3m bid from Hull for Jenko.

Feel gutted for the lad.
Me too. What has he done to get sent to that dump and fat bastard Bruce? Wish him all the best anyway

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Im sad that Jenko has gone, he was a real gent- wonder why he wasnt sent off on loan :? , defenders usually get better with age, developping positional sense etc.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Theoperator wrote:Im sad that Jenko has gone, he was a real gent- wonder why he wasnt sent off on loan :? , defenders usually get better with age, developping positional sense etc.
There's probably some buy back clause which works for all parties. Janko gets security and first team football whilst still having the option to come home.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

San ‏@Zizouology
Shakhtar to sell Douglas Costa after Arsenal agreed to pay €25M, says reports from Ukraine. An agreement can be reached in the coming days.
Seems a month of Brazilian booty has completely changed Wenger.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
San ‏@Zizouology
Shakhtar to sell Douglas Costa after Arsenal agreed to pay €25M, says reports from Ukraine. An agreement can be reached in the coming days.
I'm underwhelmed by this possible signing to be honest. He's never scored more than 7 goals in a season.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BREAKING: Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez are close to joining Tottenham Hotspur. (Press Association Sport)

gp543

Post by gp543 »

mcdowell42 wrote:BREAKING: Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez are close to joining Tottenham Hotspur. (Press Association Sport)
Saints should demand that Dembele is included in the fee.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

gp543 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
San ‏@Zizouology
I'm underwhelmed by this possible signing to be honest. He's never scored more than 7 goals in a season.
hopefully its not true, he is in the B grade of Brazilians, probably not even as good as Willian and Douglas Costa has been around for a very long time.

Maybe his agent is desperately trying to get him out of Ukraine.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

mcdowell42 wrote:BREAKING: Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez are close to joining Tottenham Hotspur. (Press Association Sport)

Just what they need.....another defensive midfielder.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

gp543 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
San ‏@Zizouology
The same guy tweeted:
Douglas Costa is predominantly a right-winger who tends to cut inside and go centrally at times. He's not an attacking-midfielder.
It seems "that over excitable moron,1989" :D may well be right about Sánchez being played as a striker for us.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

United were linked with Costa all last year, not saying that makes him good or anything.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
T.S wrote:I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know all about Calum Chambers, because I don't. However, I went on a Southampton forum last night and they are all up in arms (yes I'm aware they could well be biased).

The consensus (it's a far busier forum than this one, and no one disagreed) was that this is an absolute steal for us. They cannot work out why their club is allowing such a talent to go for so cheap (their words, not mine).

Again, I know next to nothing about the kid apart from what I've read. But it could be that we've got a gem on our hands. If he is as versatile as everyone says he is and can play RB or DM, then great. But I do not want his signing to mean that we don't bring in a proper DM as well.

I've 2 friends
I stopped reading after the first lie. :roll:

:-P :wink:
:D

As I said in my previous post, a bit like the front cover of your book then! :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:United were linked with Costa all last year, not saying that makes him good or anything.
What!? :rubchin: Oh! you mean when the abject failure that was moyes was in charge! :lol: :barscarf:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Gunnersaurus wrote:United were linked with Costa all last year, not saying that makes him good or anything.
Which one?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:

Just what we need.....a defensive midfielder.
True! Very, Very True.