Besiktas (H)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kallstrom29

Re: Besitkas (H)

Post by Kallstrom29 »

I can't believe I am saying this and I am not taking the :censored: but I would start Sanogo up front. Sanchez didn't impress up front by himself against Everton, Campbell has yet to prove he can lead the line for us so that leaves Sanogo with Snchez just behind, I think Sanogo can be the Heskey to Sanchez who can be Owen! :barscarf:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Kallstrom29 wrote:I can't believe I am saying this and I am not taking the :censored: but I would start Sanogo up front. Sanchez didn't impress up front by himself against Everton, Campbell has yet to prove he can lead the line for us so that leaves Sanogo with Snchez just behind, I think Sanogo can be the Heskey to Sanchez who can be Owen! :barscarf:
As Quartz has said Campbell has lead the line for Costa Rica and Olympiacos in big games. Sanogo has only lead the line for France u20s. I know who I'd rather trust.

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

topgoon wrote:
Kallstrom29 wrote:I can't believe I am saying this and I am not taking the :censored: but I would start Sanogo up front. Sanchez didn't impress up front by himself against Everton, Campbell has yet to prove he can lead the line for us so that leaves Sanogo with Snchez just behind, I think Sanogo can be the Heskey to Sanchez who can be Owen! :barscarf:
As Quartz has said Campbell has lead the line for Costa Rica and Olympiacos in big games. Sanogo has only lead the line for France u20s. I know who I'd rather trust.
Sanogo has led the line against Bayern, the future World Cup winners and nearly scored with that one shot and did a nice turn

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

trustno10 wrote:
topgoon wrote:
Sanogo has led the line against Bayern, the future World Cup winners and nearly scored with that one shot and did a nice turn
I like my post to be actually delivered, nearly doesn't really cut it for me, Anyway moot points as the Postman is injured

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

topgoon wrote:
Campbell at the moment looks nervous when he plays. At Wembley, he touched the ball twice when he came on late and miscontrolled it. Last night he did one decent cross but also lost the ball a few times. Leading the line for olympicaos as underdogs or starting a game for Arsenal, the club you have been trying to make an impression on for THREE years in a £25m knockout match is a whole different ball game.

Sanogo on the other hand has started in a whole host of failures e.g Anfield and Bayern so he used to doing :censored: in big matches so won't be phazed

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Kallstrom29 wrote:
topgoon wrote:
Campbell at the moment looks nervous when he plays. At Wembley, he touched the ball twice when he came on late and miscontrolled it. Last night he did one decent cross but also lost the ball a few times. Leading the line for olympicaos as underdogs or starting a game for Arsenal, the club you have been trying to make an impression on for THREE years in a £25m knockout match is a whole different ball game.

Sanogo on the other hand has started in a whole host of failures e.g Anfield and Bayern so he used to doing :censored: in big matches so won't be phazed
Given the young Frenchman's at times puzzling inclusion in our starting line up, perhaps Campbell sees that as the way to impress Wenger and get himself into the first team? :rubchin: :lol: :lol: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Giroud is injured, Sanogo can't score, and Campbell is too inexperienced to start a game of this magnitude, therefore, Sanchez up front.
He has played and scored in both the Champions League and the World Cup.
True, but he was a mainstay for both Olympiakos and Costa Rica so him scoring in said competitions was inevitable; my point is I can't see Wenger starting him in what could turn out to be the most important match of our season when he's only played about 10 competitive minutes for us - he's inexperienced Arsenal wise - although I'd much rather Campbell over Sanogo.
Yet Wenker chose to start the inexperienced and totally useless Sanogo v Liverpool, Bayern, Wigan in some of our most important matches of last season.
Don't think rational thinking or logic enters Arsene's head, just what credit would he get if Sanogo got a winning goal to justify his social experiments.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Hmmm I wonder how this'll go :rubchin: not sure but I'll have a bash :rubchin: ok here goes :oops: They are shite...we are shite....game will be a huge pile of shite :barscarf:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

trustno10 wrote: Sanogo has led the line against Bayern, the future World Cup winners and nearly scored with that one shot
Spurs nearly signed Rivaldo.
They got a letter from him saying why he didn't sign.
Maybe the letter could be named in their starting line up?
trustno10 wrote:
Sanogo did a nice turn
I once had a funny turn.
Can I play up front?

Anyway you have to be joking with those quotes :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

Maybe we could just abandon our ridiculously outdated ,ineffectual, system of play and go with a 442 for once and play Podolski up front with Yaya !

Wishful thinking , its back to the old school !

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

QuartzGooner wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Giroud is injured, Sanogo can't score, and Campbell is too inexperienced to start a game of this magnitude, therefore, Sanchez up front.
He has played and scored in both the Champions League and the World Cup.
Was thinking the same thing myself.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Start with Campbell, im not having another nogoals showing anymore, novelty warn off now.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Giroud, Ramsey & Arteta all out apparently. Europa League here we come...

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

ramsey is suspended ,arteta got injured in the game against palace we knew that :roll:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

at least we'd have a chance in the EL.