The Yaya Sanogo lack of Progress Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: The Yaya Sanogo lack of Progress Thread

Post by officepest »

Wenger clearly, and with no hint of irony, thinks that Sanogo is up to the job. Carzy bastard.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

1989 wrote:Image
This is so apt... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I'm came on in despair but thanks 1989 this clip has lifted the gloom!!!
We all know it's not Yaya Sanogo's fault that he's a third tier striker being asked to run the line for one of the biggest clubs in the world but if he's the answer I hate to think what the fucking question is :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Brady's left peg wrote:
This is so apt... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think some will claim that he got in a good position and put it on a plate but nobody was in support following his good hold up play.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I thought that he played quite well first half but then faded in the second.
Podolski should have come on 10 minutes earlier.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

I've held back on this, but he's not good enough and I doubt he ever will be.
Surely Joel can't be fucking worse! Give him a chance and send this donkey on loan!
Last edited by LizLeGooner on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

He's probably a really nice bloke but sadly he is a really shot footballer to boot. I'd probably buy a hammock off him though if he were to approach me on a beach whilst on holiday, he looks convincing.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

what i don't get more than anything is the treatment of Gnabry and Pod last year, and the treatment of pod and campbell this year.

last year wenger said to himself, sanogo is a better option that those two. this year, the same again.

why. no goals in 17 games. how many would pod had - 6/8 maybe ? - gnabry 2-3 ? campbell the same perhaps ?

but sanogo, not one.

i don't dislike the fella, but surely he's at a level of the last sub in the last 10 minutes to win a header for pod or giroud or sanchez to finish, isn't he ?

when walcott is fit, does sanogo still play 75 minutes ??????

the mind boggles.

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

Some people comparing the doubt he's getting to Henry and Bergkamp.

I feel sick.

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

I actually thought we were worse when he went off today. podolski isn't the answer.

Not saying Sanogo is the answer after all he is as useful as a fish on a bicycle but we have lost Bendtner so surely we need a new Wenger project. Everybody who didn't hound out the dinosaur after his FA Cup final fluke you are to blame, he should have retired a winner, not continue for 3 more years with the same old projects.

Arsene spent loads of cash on Sanchez who we now know is quality but wasn't needed. He is just another short attacking midfielder.

The only way I cope with it is by having Sanogo in my fantasy league team. After all - we know he is going to keep playing :banghead:

:barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Undoubtedly one of the worst players to ever wear the shirt. Through no fault of his own though.

Someone clear this up for me... Surely no striker ever in the history of Arsenal has gone through their entire debut season (and longer) without scoring?

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

In the first few moments of todays game the ball was played rapidly up to Sanogo, it bounced off him as if hitting a wheelie bin and possession was lost.
And you just knew how todays game would go.

Post by 1989 »

Kallstrom29 wrote:I actually thought we were worse when he went off today. podolski isn't the answer.

Not saying Sanogo is the answer after all he is as useful as a fish on a bicycle but we have lost Bendtner so surely we need a new Wenger project. Everybody who didn't hound out the dinosaur after his FA Cup final fluke you are to blame, he should have retired a winner, not continue for 3 more years with the same old projects.

Arsene spent loads of cash on Sanchez who we now know is quality but wasn't needed. He is just another short attacking midfielder.

The only way I cope with it is by having Sanogo in my fantasy league team. After all - we know he is going to keep playing :banghead:

:barscarf:
Ludicrous comment.

Midz

Post by Midz »

It's probably not worth turning on your TV until 10pm Monday to see if AW does anything and even then he'll most likely sign some donkey on the cheap. I hope he doesn't but having seen the way he responds in previous transfer windows it's hard to have any faith.