THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by OneBardGooner »

Radio 5 live and every single Gooner who has phoned in has asked the same question/s.

How can he continue to play the utterly inept Sanogo?
Why is he not playing Campbell or Podolski?
Why has he not bought a World Quality Striker?
Why has he not bought a DMF?

WENGER OUT!

(Yes he won't see this - But who knows if enough of us say & write it at every opportunity - The Total Mass - just may cause a tiny, tiny, tiny stone to fall and so cause the avalanche we need)

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

OneBardGooner wrote:Radio 5 live and every single Gooner who has phoned in has asked the same question/s.

WENGER OUT!

(Yes he won't see this - But who knows if enough of us say & write it at every opportunity - The Total Mass - just may cause a tiny, tiny, tiny stone to fall and so cause the avalanche we need)
Yep, heard all of them. Wenger post-match says we do now need a striker - contrast that with him saying we didn't prior to the match today.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

officepest wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Radio 5 live and every single Gooner who has phoned in has asked the same question/s.

WENGER OUT!

Yep, heard all of them. Wenger post-match says we do now need a striker - contrast that with him saying we didn't prior to the match today.
We could of told him that 2 fucking seasons ago FFS :evil:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

The official Arsenal fb page is littered with loads of Wenker out / deluded comments and shitloads of scathing comments re Sanogoals and the lack of subs, lack of signings.

https://www.facebook.com/Arsenal?fref=nf

maybe the worm has turned (a bit too late)

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

They can say whatever they want but it's of no use and he will still be giving us hell for the next three yrs

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

there are those that thought the FAC win was a turning point, the signing of Ozil, or the signing of Sanchez were turning points, or even the last six transfer windows, but no, no there are no turning points under this manager.

everything he does is an adaptation of his already failed projects - chamakh not working, bring in sanogo, caz not working, bring in ozil, ozil not working, bring in sanchez......

its not the players, no one can disagree that Wenger (or his scouts) doesn't have an eye for talent,the odd miss excepted - but the problem is wenger has absolutely no idea what to do with that talent. no idea at all.

as i said earlier in the week to that akb nugget ' oh yes, but who would you replace him with ?" - its still anyone. literally.

i hate hughes, redknapp and allardyce, but theres no doubt in my mind that with this squad they could do better than wenger is doing and has done for the last three years.

Nigel Pearson said tonight that they are disappointed not to win - even fucking leicester expect to beat us now :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Why is everyone moaning again now???

We have known about the Wenger problem all summer, all year, some have known all decade.

I'm totally relaxed about it all now. We will finish 4th, get knocked out in CL last 16 and that's about it.
The season ticket holders seem happy enough to pay their money so why the need to change things?
If enough people were unhappy with Wenger there would be more boos. There are none.

Nothing will change

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

defleppardisking wrote:They can say whatever they want but it's of no use and he will still be giving us hell for the next three yrs
:banghead:

they booed after last years opener.....this too shall pass

Post by 1989 »

The man is taking the piss out of the club, the fans and the players by playing Sanogo. End of. Unacceptable at best, criminal at worst.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Gunner Rob wrote:Why is everyone moaning again now???

The season ticket holders seem happy enough to pay their money so why the need to change things?

Nothing will change
Block 6, back 5 rows haven't been happy for a while now

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

This bloke sums it up pretty much, especially with his couple of last phrases... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGfwawZlx6Q

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:This bloke sums it up pretty much, especially with his couple of last phrases... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGfwawZlx6Q
that is utter class. buy that man a beer , love that "we are not that lot down the road, we are Arsenal Football Club"....

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Just watched the 2003/4 season on Sky greatest teams ever, I forgot how great we were which just reminded me of how much Wenger has gone off the boil. I want to remember his great years so with that in mind in he should go yesterday.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

I find it rather bizarre that we've all been slagging off Wenger for years and years, yet despite not winning a trophy in nine seasons, the media refused to say a bad word against him.

And then, as soon as we win the FA Cup (and to a lesser extent, the Community Shield), the media starts questioning his buys and his tactics.

I'm absolutely not complaining, but I really thought the FA Cup would buy him another nine years without being questioned.

Also, did anyone else notice Wenger's sly dig at Geoff Shreeves earlier (who had the temerity to ask him if he's going to buy a new striker). AW said, "Yes, we are disappointed not to get the three points - let's not all put that down to only missing a striker. Football is a little bit more complicated than that."

Have you ever worked a day in football Mr. Shreeves?

:roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

MutleyGooner wrote:Just watched the 2003/4 season on Sky greatest teams ever, I forgot how great we were which just reminded me of how much Wenger has gone off the boil. I want to remember his great years so with that in mind in he should go yesterday.
Can't watch any footage of those wonderful teams as it only shines the spotlight brighter on the current shit fest.