The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kallstrom29

Re: The only 2 hours to go to save our season TRANSFER THREA

Post by Kallstrom29 »

silus wrote:
in my heart wrote:I'm happy with Wellbeck, pace, great first touch, hungry and something to prove.
Mate his first touch is awful. I watched a manc game other day as had a horrible feeling we'd be in for him. His first touch is shit, his passing and vision is shit, and his finishing is worse than shit.
He has pace but other than that I fail to see how he improves the team. Not going to look it up but has he ever got into double figures in a season?
Err...he replaces Sanogo up front. Good deal. Although same price as balotelli I know who I would rather have...

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

1989 wrote:
silus wrote:
in my heart wrote:I'm happy with Wellbeck, pace, great first touch, hungry and something to prove.
Mate his first touch is awful. I watched a manc game other day as had a horrible feeling we'd be in for him. His first touch is shit, his passing and vision is shit, and his finishing is worse than shit.
He has pace but other than that I fail to see how he improves the team. Not going to look it up but has he ever got into double figures in a season?
Sturridge was "shit" at Chelsea, look how good he became at the mousers.

I forsee a similar trajectory with Welbz.
Yeah,Ozil was shit at Madrid and look what happened when he arrived at Ar...oh wait....... :oops:

silus

Post by silus »

So we sign an average English striker, to replace an average (and injured) French striker and a shit French postman.
Can someone remind me how many centre backs we have at the club?

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

My god a cb is more important than an a striker at the mo hour to go and linked to no one

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Kallstrom29 wrote: Err...he replaces Sanogo up front. Good deal. Although same price as balotelli I know who I would rather have...
So that'd be Sanogo then? :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Where's Natalie at? I've gone limp :banghead:

T.S

Post by T.S »

One Host Gator! There's only one Host Gator!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i just watched this video - 4 goals he shows great composure, the rest are opportunist or quick reactions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thu8MA8ctYw

he could be alright. better than sanogo anyway.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

The thought of Falco playing in united team just makes me pissed and sad. How we can do with a striker like him and not Giroud, Sonogoal and now Welbeck. :banghead: :(

essexgooner123

Post by essexgooner123 »

As a glass half full devils advocate- perhaps Welbeck will be a Daniel Sturridge figure- who does much better than his previous form suggests he is capable of

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

It's all rather exciting isn't it :barscarf: thank you Sky for inventing transfer deadline day, to think I used to worry about how I might make the mortgage payment each month but now I panic about whether or not we might or might not pay another uneducated pig skin kicker the price of a house each week. Bravo :barscarf:

cdparky

Post by cdparky »

essexgooner123 wrote:As a glass half full devils advocate- perhaps Welbeck will be a Daniel Sturridge figure- who does much better than his previous form suggests he is capable of
Straw to be clutched at is that he has been played wide most of the time at OT so just maybe he will come good if played down the middle and any way we look at it is a better option than Sanogo.

Of course that means OGL will play Welbeck wide left and continue with Sanogo up front in a futile attempt to prove himself right and anyone who else has ever watched a game of football wrong.

Post by 1989 »

rodders999 wrote:Where's Natalie at? I've gone limp :banghead:
Looking good in her yellow dress.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

defleppardisking wrote:The thought of Falco playing in united team just makes me pissed and sad. How we can do with a striker like him and not Giroud, Sonogoal and now Welbeck. :banghead: :(
If 53 yr old ex spud Mark Falco turned out for Manure I would be pissing myself laughing and deffo not sad..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: The oh f**k why TRANSFER THREAD

Post by 1989 »

Welbz (sorry Chippy I really am a stupid *word censored*) has scored against teams like Real Madrid, Chelsea, City and us. Sanogo couldn't score against Boreham Wood. Clear upgrade.