The Board-Finance-AGM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Skooner

Latest Financial Statement is out!

Post by Skooner »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ar-profits

"The Group has no short-term debt and continues to be in a robust financial position with cash balances, excluding those amounts designated as debt service reserves, of GBP173.3 million (2013 - GBP119.6 million)."

So excluding money we need to put aside for our debt, we had £173m in the bank at the end of May! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

begeegs

Re: Latest Financial Statement is out!

Post by begeegs »

Skooner wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ar-profits

"The Group has no short-term debt and continues to be in a robust financial position with cash balances, excluding those amounts designated as debt service reserves, of GBP173.3 million (2013 - GBP119.6 million)."

So excluding money we need to put aside for our debt, we had £173m in the bank at the end of May! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Well, at least Gazidis is good at his job...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sir Chips Keswick said "Our ambition is to put Arsenal Football Club at the pinnacle of the game here and in Europe. We all want to savour a repeat of the joys of last May.”

can someone tell him that as nice as the cup win was beating Hull City in a match at Wembley does not put us at the pinnacle of the game in this country. As for being at the pinnacle off the game in Europe... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunnersaurus

Re: The Board-Finance-Kroenke

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Sickening to read when we have so many weak areas in the squad.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Sure Ivan and that wanker are in it together....i stand by it...Wengers bonus is directly related to what he doesnt spend...mark my words!!!

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Gazidis, today.
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis vowed the board would continue to support manager Arsene Wenger in aiming to keep Arsenal challenging for honours.

“The club is in excellent shape, both on and off the pitch,” he said.

On the pitch? was he watching the Dortmund game?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the bottom line is Champions League football.

I don't even think it is just about the profits that they make from it.
basically if we are in the Champions League they club can turn around and say we are mixing in at the pinnacle of European football. It doesnt matter whether we can actually compete in it - it is as important to us as it is for say Sunderland to remain in the Premier League.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Gazidis, today.
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis vowed the board would continue to support manager Arsene Wenger in aiming to keep Arsenal challenging for honours.

the point is that we were on the same pitch as them - doesnt matter how we did against them - we were there on the big stage. that is how the club sees it. no point spending ridiculous sums of money trying to actually win the thing :D

Kallstrom29

Re: The Board-Takeover Rumours-Accounts-Kroenke etc:

Post by Kallstrom29 »

goonersid wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote: - Kroenke was on the scene before Usmanov.
It was Dein who was talking to Kroenke prior to Usmanov, with the partnership Arsenal set up with Colorado Rapids.

- There are no dividends issued on Arsenal shares, and to my knowledge never have been.
Quartz, they both appeared on the scene in 2007 and i may be wrong but i'm pretty sure Usmanov's interest was mooted before Kroenke.
Kroenke's football club Colorado Rapids teamed up with Arsenal officially in February 2007, but there had been informal links the previous year.

Usmanov was not linked to us in any way until after Dein was sacked, and then Dein announced in August 2007 that he had sold his shares to Usmanov.
So that is quite different from your saying "Usmanov was on the scene long before Kroenke", though if you meant that Usmanov was publicly linked with a takeover before Kroenke was then that is correct up to a point, in that Usmanov and Dein announed their partnership as a way to influence the club, but stopped short of declaring an intent to take over the club.
It may be that Kroenke was approached to help with a take over, but even on his way to buying about 70% of shares, he said very little.
goonersid wrote:
As for dividends, that may be the wrong term, but there must be profits to be had. otherwise why would Kroenke be here? or is he a genuine fan?
I think no one has ever doubted that Kroenke is in it for profit.
goonersid wrote:

Guys, The fact remains, Usmanov could buy and sell Kroenke 5 times over, but yet he sits and lets a disinterested yank hold control of the club he claims he loves :roll: Usmanov is full of shite, as far as I can see, his only interest is profit and until the club can yield him a long term return a buyout would cost him he will do fuck all.
It is out of Usmanov's control.
As I and others have said, there is very little that Usmanov can do to force Kroenke to sell his shares. Kroenke is not as rich as Usmanov, but is rich enough not to need Usmanov's money.
This is what I was driving at, but stand corrected on the precise dates of first involvement.
Agreed Usmanov can't force a sale, but there is nothing , only his real intentions and desire, stop him making a public offer in an attempt to force Kroenke's hand.
As for Kroenke not needing Usmanov's money, I doubt there is a rich man on the planet who doesn't believe he needs more than he already has.
The irony here though is I'm not questioning Kroenke's "commitment" or intentions, I think we all know what they are, but the commitment and intentions of Usmanov are a lot less clear and only by coming out and showing what they are, can he ever expect to gain support amongst his doubters.
The longer he continues to openly criticise the board or Kroenke, without making any real attempt to change things, the more frustrated fans like myself who want to believe in him will become.
I think that Kroenke was dreaming of owning Arsenal since he was a little boy. Clearly he bought Arsenal to fulfil a young boy's dream :rubchin: that or he bought it because he fancied owning a EPL (as the yanks call it) team. Give him enough money (or aggro) and he will go and buy something else

Ps I think the point I would like to mention is that when Kroenke and Usmanov first got involved, a gooner poll showed something like 90% wanted Kroenke because he was an American. That was the exact reason I DIDNT want him because he doesn't love football or want it to be his plaything, he bought it as a business interest whereas PSG, Man City, CHELSKI are all play things, which benefits the fan best, nobody made money from football for 100 years until now with all the yanks coming in. Shame it's taking nine years for others to catch up and realise this

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Sickening to read when we have so many weak areas in the squad.
It is surely negligence of the highest order ?

But Wenker has no-one to answer to, the board openly stated a year or two back that they just let him get on with it a do as he pleases :banghead:

An egomaniac with no targets (other than financially) left unchecked is a recipe for disaster.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Gazidis, today.

Or the Palace game ?
Or the Leicester game ?
Or the Everton game ?
Or the Besiktas matches ?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Skooner wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ar-profits

no, excluding the amount set aside for debt - we have 173million. that 173million is what we have to spend....

on this basis, lazy ivan and wenger, could have bought costa plus pretty much any world class DM in Europe and STILL had 60million in reserve.

its a fucking disgrace. thats 3,000 quid per ST holder. :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

For the first time in over a decade our annual wage bill is now greater than the Chavs. Value for money? Nope thought not.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Money in the bank, money not being spent on decent players, Wanker gets a new contract and pay rise. Funny that. It's all about priorities with him.

Humoresque

Post by Humoresque »

Arsenal's annual wage bill moves ahead of Chelsea's for the first time in a decade.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ecade.html