THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by SydneyGooner »

BFG4 wrote:I was angry after yesterday's game, but hearing Wenger's comments after the match, really pissed me off. It would be ok to reference financial resources, if we were in 2004, but now adays plenty of clubs have billionaire owners, who are willing to pump money into their chosen club. Infact, we have a billionaire owner, but he will only put into the club, enough money to make a profit for himself. Also, if clubs like City/Chelsea can spend more than you, wouldnt you at least spend what is available to you. We could have easily bought a world class striker and a defensive midfielder, without leaving ourselves broke. If Wenger was honest, he would admit that our transfer poilicy, is based on finishing in the top four, and nothing else, but he is classless, and is happy to earn his millions, despite having done nothing to earn it.

WENGER OUT
Exactly I would like to see a manager use the significant financial resources we have available before following the oil club route.

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

The actual question - For and Against is bloody silly.

How can anyone with any semblance of understanding as to what he is doing to our club be for him.
He is a shocking manager, not fit to tie the boot laces of Mourinho. He has no re-deeming features as a manager.

The football is tedious, predictable, under whelming, there is no game plan and little tactics.
The one thing he used to do was improve players, he don't even do that anymore.

Hopeless.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Brady's left peg wrote:
augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:the trouble is we all knew that his contract expired at the end of last season and to be honest there wasn't any real demonstrations calling for him to go. I have been to 2 games this season and haven't felt any discontent. It is ok blaming the board for a lack of ambition but maybe they look at the fanbase and think we are contented how things are? :oops:

look at the Pardew situation - ok he is still there but at least Newcastle supporters are giving it a real go trying to remove him.

I agree with this - we all say that we can accept bad results if we feel that every player (and manager) gives his all and does everything possible to bring success to the club, but yet we amble along doing nothing to cause any kind of shake up at the club despite the vast majority accepting a radical overhaul is long overdue. I firmly believe that the majority of Gooners want wenker gone (and nothing will convince me otherwise) but even the wenker supporters all accept that the board, coaching staff, scouting etc is badly underperforming and needs change so why aren't we doing anything ? I have always felt that Gooners have a touch of snobbery about them - we don't want to be seen to kick up a major fuss for fear of it reflecting on our status/rep (steady on old chap and all that bullshit :roll: ) and for me it is a ridiculous stance. Veteran fans moan about being treated as customers nowadays (as opposed to being treated as fans) but if we are being treated as customers then why shouldnt we behave like customers and complain when the service and quality of product is unacceptable ?
I relinquished my ST end of 12/13 I should of rented it out really, but at that time I really couldn't imagine myself ever wanting to payout the stupid amount of money required to watch the dross we were serving up ever again.
I still go now and then but believe it or not tickets are getting harder to come by...( Must be down to this successful cup winning side). :oops:
I don't agree with you augie re the amount of fans that want Wenger gone, on a match day we are in the minority they will defend their glorious leader to the hilt, and anybody who dares question his management is subjected to a volley of vitriolic abuse and worse still told to fuck off and support the tiny totts. :evil: The blind Wengerite sheep will hang on the deluded ones every word and will follow him like lambs to the slaughter.
As has been said before as great a feeling as it was, winning the FA cup is ultimately... probably the worst thing that could of happened... yes it may of removed the monkey from our backs but at the expense of three more years of inept management. I really hoped that after winning the FA cup he would leave on a high, and hand over to a young hungry manager a team full of confidence and looking to build on their success.
While much of the blame but not all (the players have to shoulder some of the blame) for match failures can be attributed to the manager, the board cannot be exempt from criticsm for our failings. The current board appear to be weak, unambitious and devoid of the football knowledge needed to be successful at this level. Money is there prime motivator and any footballing issues seem to be overlooked as long as the money keeps rolling in, in fact the man who is responsible for causing some of those issues is the same man tasked to address the problem! :banghead:
It is apparent that little if any pressure is applied to the manager to succeed and it seems he is given total control over everything below board level. Even if Wenger went he would still be given carte blanch when it comes to selecting his replacement, as the board appear to be unable or unwilling to do this themselves.
And before everyone jumps on me and asks how do I know this... I don't it is purely supposition based on the way the club has acted in the past few years and on information gleened from various media outlets during the same period. :wink:
So much for a quick reply... :lol:
Fully agree mate-need a quick reply?

Wenger out :evil:

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

Needs to go. End of.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

You know one of the worst things to happen now is that he has made us hard to watch. So few games are really enjoyable, edge of the seat excitement anymore because it is all so slow, one-paced, and predictable. That in itself is a disgrace. With the attacking talent he has at his disposal, you really do wonder what a clued-up manager would achieve? Thanks for the first 10 years or so, (as even though we were trophyless after 2005, we were exciting to watch for another couple of years), but get out NOW! The players seem aimless, unmotivated, and we don't want this shite to continue!!

Offside

Post by Offside »

Talking about Chelsea's money
They used it in a very efficient way when they had the chances
Well duh! That's what you're supposed to do with money, instead of doing what you did and buying players you didn't need and not buying the ones you did need.

Midz

Post by Midz »

goonertux wrote:You know one of the worst things to happen now is that he has made us hard to watch. So few games are really enjoyable, edge of the seat excitement anymore because it is all so slow, one-paced, and predictable. That in itself is a disgrace. With the attacking talent he has at his disposal, you really do wonder what a clued-up manager would achieve? Thanks for the first 10 years or so, (as even though we were trophyless after 2005, we were exciting to watch for another couple of years), but get out NOW! The players seem aimless, unmotivated, and we don't want this shite to continue!!
Here here.

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

after the game i watched the invincibles DVD. It was almost depressing. Hardly believable the same guy is in charge now that was then. He's seriously lost the plot.

Liverpool supporter friend of mine sees what most rational people see, "so long as Wenger turns a profit for the club, they'll keep him around, it's just good business"

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

for the Daily Mirror this is actually a very good article - summarises a lot of the issues raised on here very well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ne-4390785

good to see the love in between Wenger and the journalists appears to be ending.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:for the Daily Mirror this is actually a very good article - summarises a lot of the issues raised on here very well.

good to see the love in between Wenger and the journalists appears to be ending.

John cross will be most annoyed - can see an in-house scrap between the mirror journo's after this :lol: :lol:

I actually found the story (on the right side of the page) about the English teacher in America bedding a 16 yr old and a 17 yr old, far more interesting - I cant remember having a teacher that looks like her when I was in school, and if I did then she could certainly give me extra lessons anytime 8) Why do they insist on criminalising what is in effect every teenage boys fantasy ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

StanKroenke'sWig wrote:Needs to go. End of.
Exactly right.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Gunner Rob wrote:for the Daily Mirror this is actually a very good article - summarises a lot of the issues raised on here very well.

What I found hard to believe is that only 59% would rather have maureen as manager than le bumhole :shock: and also 50% think le bumhole will lead us to another title :oops: theres more chance of a rocking horse doing a shite than that happening :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:

What I found hard to believe is that only 59% would rather have maureen as manager than le bumhole :shock: and also 50% think le bumhole will lead us to another title :oops: theres more chance of a rocking horse doing a shite than that happening :lol:
There's a stewards enquiry ongoing as my Dad submitted 30,000 votes

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

I would much rather see Wenger get chinned by an opposing manager than Mourinho.

In fact, I'd love to do it myself. Beat him without financial power :box:

blair207

Post by blair207 »

Agree with most of this article. The writer says that Arsenal will probably finish third. I disagree with that, despite the players bought in the summer we are toiling. ManU have overtaken us already and will undoubtedly strengthen their defence in January, Liverpool and Spurs are as inconsistent as we are and Everton are out of it already. I feel that fourth place will be an achievement the way we are playing.