Alexis Alejandro Sánchez

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Alexis Alejandro Sánchez

Post by northbank123 »

It's just fucking open season on him in this tinpot competition isn't it? Galatasaray and Anderlecht both kicked seven shades of shit out of him and barely managed to earn bookings.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

another goal tonight - his effort and workrate is superb along with his finishing.

sadly, he will be burnt out by january and not back til April.

we've seen it a dozen times. Sanchez is wasted with this manager.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

clockender1 wrote:another goal tonight - his effort and workrate is superb along with his finishing.

sadly, he will be burnt out by january and not back til April.

we've seen it a dozen times. Sanchez is wasted with this manager.
And gone in May !!!!

DB10GOONER

Re: Are we becoming a one man team?

Post by DB10GOONER »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:Does Tiger Woods shit on the Pope?
Tiger is into all that German shit. Literally. :shock:

DB10GOONER

Re: Are we becoming a one man team?

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:What a jerk off thread this is. :roll:

A few weeks of one player scoring goals and we're suddenly a one man team. Please! That's just total bollocks.

If the midfield didn't supply the ammunition then Henry wouldn't score goals either.

It's this sort of thread that makes me fucking cringe. :roll:

ohhh! Come On Spuddy stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think!

:D :wink:

Shan't :lol: :wink:
:coffeespit:

I don't know why but the word "shan't" just cracks me up. Brilliant Spuddy. 8) I'm still fucking laughing about it the next day. :lol: :oops: :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I wonder what odds you would get on Sanchez being sold next summer, if the "right" offer comes in then there's no doubt Wenker will take it. And I can foresee a host of clubs looking for his service and I can see him in Citeh shirt next season.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sanchez is very good charging through the middle and he has a good shot on him as he proved last night.

I still don't think that his final pass is as good as Fabregas though. I would therefore put them both at about the same level.

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

What has he done???

Surely he could not have known what he was letting himself into coming to us. What a mistake for this fine footballers career.
Should have gone to play for a proper manager like Mourinho.

So sad.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

goonersid wrote:I wonder what odds you would get on Sanchez being sold next summer, if the "right" offer comes in then there's no doubt Wenker will take it. And I can foresee a host of clubs looking for his service and I can see him in Citeh shirt next season.
No he wouldn't.

As untouchable as Wenger seems, selling Sanchez after just one season and under no financial pressure would make his position untenable. Even the placid WKB's would be incensed.

I should think even the players would tell him to get fu*ked.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
goonersid wrote:I wonder what odds you would get on Sanchez being sold next summer, if the "right" offer comes in then there's no doubt Wenker will take it. And I can foresee a host of clubs looking for his service and I can see him in Citeh shirt next season.
No he wouldn't.

As untouchable as Wenger seems, selling Sanchez after just one season and under no financial pressure would make his position untenable. Even the placid WKB's would be incensed.

I should think even the players would tell him to get fu*ked.
Not so sure mate. He (Wenger) has sold Vieira, Henry, Nasri, Fabregas, RvP and countless others, for varying reasons, and come out unscathed.

Wenger could cover stroke himself to climax over Chapman's bust and few would bat an eyelid.

augie

Post by augie »

Many moons ago wrighty fell out with bruce rioch and threatened to leave the club on the back of it - the board took his side and sacked rioch and I'm just wondering if players like sanchez and ozil said they would fcuk off in the summer if the regime remains the same, would the board stick with le cock or would they oust wenker ? I know some will argue that sanchez hasnt been here long enough to justify making that demand or that ozil has played well enough to make any demands, but we all (including the board) know that the feel good factor around the club was generated by these two signings and commercially it would be suicide to lose them. Sanchez has carried this team in recent weeks and is the only player we have that lifts the fans off their seats every time he has the ball, so his departure after just one season would be a massive massive blow to the club. We have seen in recent years, the major hit selling our best players has had on our standing in world football and I dont think that we as a club can take even one more big sale under this regime - imo it would be different if a new manager came in and lost a big player cos it could be argued that the player didnt suit his system etc, but if another top player left under le cock's stewardship it would re-inforce the view that no top player has confidence in him or the club to win trophies again

Of course this is all in hypothetical land and will probably never happen, but at the same time everybody can see the frustration all over sanchez's face every time we balls up, and I do wonder how long he will remain loyal to a club that he hasnt had time to attach any ties to :rubchin:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

officepest wrote:
Wenger could cover stroke himself to climax over Chapman's bust and few would bat an eyelid.
I certainly would! :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

It's just too easy for seboddy like Sanchez to leave instead though augie. Realistically where else would Wrighty have gone? Added to that he obviously loved the club. IWWW8 will always be my favourite player, even if he comes across as a tit sometimes trying to be a pundit.

That's not a blast at Sanchez, it would be naive to expect anything else, but why should the likes of him care enough about arsenal to open up some kind of revolt when he can just move to another great city to play for a team who is already capable of winning major trophies for fun and earn at least as much doing so?

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:It's just too easy for seboddy like Sanchez to leave instead though augie. Realistically where else would Wrighty have gone? Added to that he obviously loved the club. IWWW8 will always be my favourite player, even if he comes across as a tit sometimes trying to be a pundit.

That's not a blast at Sanchez, it would be naive to expect anything else, but why should the likes of him care enough about arsenal to open up some kind of revolt when he can just move to another great city to play for a team who is already capable of winning major trophies for fun and earn at least as much doing so?

I'm not saying that he should cause a revolt, and I do believe that if he looks to leave both he and the club will state that his/his family couldn't settle in London ( :roll: ), but at the same time looking to leave will be seen as a lack of belief in wenker and the club. It will always take a foreign player a year to settle in a new club and different culture, but in most cases the player will try to stay at least another season after that to see if things improve for their happiness - refusing to give the club another 12 months will seem a unwillingness to even try to settle and that wouldn't be the case if he was at a successful progressive and ambitious club

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

QuartzGooner wrote:
officepest wrote:
I certainly would! :shock:
Yeah, you may need a new avatar in that instance. :lol: