Anderlecht at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
QuartzGooner

Re: Anderlecht at home

Post by QuartzGooner »

oaodan wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
But Cazorla showed little, and has looked a bit off recently, so rest him.
Stop it,your killing me.
Oh, so you make him a starter?
He is a great technical talent, fought back in the Cup Final, likeable person, but has not shone yet for me this season.
Though I think he is far more effective as a Number 10 than wide.

Right now for me only Sanchez and Welbeck are putting in really good effort.

Wilshere and Monreal are doing OK, The Ox is slowly feeling his way back into things.
Chambers is doing as well as can be expected for a 19 year old who this time last year was not even first choice right back at Southampton and has suddenly been thrust into the England team!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Jeez this has been a right week for me- watched a local Conference thriller come back to draw 3-3 after being 3-0 down on Saturday, great to see, the crowd were rocking, then exactly the same the other way yesterday :evil:

Footballs a fickle strange thing, but the difference between the manager of the Great Lincoln City and us is that they will learn from it- the hairdryer was on so full we could hear him in the stand next to the dressing room. I just cannot see our manager doing that, and thats whats needed, some passion, die before you let in a 3rd goal.

Grrrrr..... so maddening, but the thrills and spills of 2 3-3s in a week is too much for me. :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:Reportedly Wenker refused to shake hands with his opposite number, he really is the most ungracious, pathetic,embarrassing excuse for a human being.
Fuck off Wenker!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is true. Just shot off straight down the tunnel. Pathetic, really. :oops:

Their manager looked around for wenker so that they could shake hands, and the look on his face was basically "where the fcuk has he gone" :? :lol: :oops: :oops:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Theoperator wrote:Jeez this has been a right week for me- watched a local Conference thriller come back to draw 3-3 after being 3-0 down on Saturday, great to see, the crowd were rocking, then exactly the same the other way yesterday :evil:

Footballs a fickle strange thing, but the difference between the manager of the Great Lincoln City and us is that they will learn from it- the hairdryer was on so full we could hear him in the stand next to the dressing room. I just cannot see our manager doing that, and thats whats needed, some passion, die before you let in a 3rd goal.

Grrrrr..... so maddening, but the thrills and spills of 2 3-3s in a week is too much for me. :oops: :oops:
Another good point there. As we were under pressure at 3-2 we were backing off, not putting the work in to stop their momentum. When it got the 3-3 they were absolutely throwing themselves into tackles at any given opportunity (often giving away fouls to break up any forward movement of ours), doing anything they could to hold on to what they had got. It might frustrate the crowd but it is the professional thing to do.

I absolutely hate it when Wengers bangs on about our spirit and desire, the evidence never backs it up.

augie

Post by augie »

I also think that we might be clutching at straws a bit when fans see keown as the answer to our defensive coaching issues - keown got the same defensive schooling that bould did (from the great GG) but he hasnt been able to fix the problems so why do we believe keown can ? People will point to keown's coaching of our defence en route to champs league final in 2006 as a reason to back him up, but the reality is that back then we had more defensive minded defenders plus we had a quality midfield in front of them. The spine of that team was immense and when anybody did get in behind us, they found themselves facing an intimidating, quality (most of the time) keeper in lehman - these days we have a keeper that (according to stats) lets in a goal in every two shots he faces, and he is "protected" by a team that has no defensive full backs and no proper defensive midfielder :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

We have to accept that this team is built to wenker specifications and will always be exposed as long as he remains in power :cry:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Skooner wrote:
Theoperator wrote:Jeez this has been a right week for me- watched a local Conference thriller come back to draw 3-3 after being 3-0 down on Saturday, great to see, the crowd were rocking, then exactly the same the other way yesterday :evil:

Another good point there. As we were under pressure at 3-2 we were backing off, not putting the work in to stop their momentum.
And sometimes it's the simple things. At 3-2, with us presumably trying to see out the game, Wenger made a double substitution! Surely you make the first, wait a minute, and then make the second, to kill as much time as possible. My sense is that Wenger had too much pride to see out a game against the likes of Anderlecht, and paid the price for it.

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

SPARKSY wrote: We have good players throughout the team but a manager who is now out of his depth. With a Mourinho or Guardiola in charge this set of players would be challenging for titles.
This is complete rubbish. We have a team full of squad players. Only Sanchez and Koscielny are good enough to be in a title winning side, everyone else is a squad player at best

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

And as The Mighty Imps are my other team that's both my teams losing a 3 goal lead in the space of 4 days :banghead:
However where the 2 clubs differ is that Lincoln have now put their boss on Gardening Leave. Take note Mr Kroenke

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

He really has reached an all new low - if he did not shake hands....Unforgiveable.

just get shot of the useless twat...he can't even undo a feckin' ZIP! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

brucegrove

Post by brucegrove »

OneBardGooner wrote:He really has reached an all new low - if he did not shake hands....Unforgiveable.

just get shot of the useless twat...he can't even undo a feckin' ZIP! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... a-test-run

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

clockender1 wrote:if there is a God, Jaqui Oatley is there for the BBC tonight but i suspect not.
Nice one.

Wenger's attitude to her asking questions built upon truth was a disgrace. What a little man he is.

Hate Wenger / Love Jacqui

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ONE JACQUI OATLEY! THERE'S ONLY ONE JACQUI OATLEY! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

According to wenger in his interview with BBC - "We" underestimated Anderlecht - he uses every excuse in the book to squirm out of standing up like a man and accepting responsibility - He becomes more and more loathesome by the day. :evil:

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

even arseblog having a go at the manager, very unlike him to be so direct with criticism

arseblog wrote:"For all the manager’s frustration with his players he’s got to shoulder the burden of this one, in my opinion. If we’re a shambles defensively, much of that comes down to not having the requisite options in that area of the pitch – and on that one there’s simply no defending the way we let the summer play out. We knew we were short, we didn’t do enough about it, and games like last night are when that comes home to roost."

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

dPmunky wrote:even arseblog having a go at the manager, very unlike him to be so direct with criticism

arseblog wrote:"For all the manager’s frustration with his players he’s got to shoulder the burden of this one, in my opinion. If we’re a shambles defensively, much of that comes down to not having the requisite options in that area of the pitch – and on that one there’s simply no defending the way we let the summer play out. We knew we were short, we didn’t do enough about it, and games like last night are when that comes home to roost."
Interestingly, he has a take that Arsenal can't replace Wenger now because he has too much power and there will be a large vacuum when he departs, this the 3 year deal and some of the internals (youth system) being changed.

I have to admit, that wouldn't shock me at all. It is essentially mismanagement from top to bottom.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

QuartzGooner wrote:
oaodan wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
But Cazorla showed little, and has looked a bit off recently, so rest him.
Stop it,your killing me.
Oh, so you make him a starter?
He is a great technical talent, fought back in the Cup Final, likeable person, but has not shone yet for me this season.
Though I think he is far more effective as a Number 10 than wide.

Right now for me only Sanchez and Welbeck are putting in really good effort.

Wilshere and Monreal are doing OK, The Ox is slowly feeling his way back into things.
Chambers is doing as well as can be expected for a 19 year old who this time last year was not even first choice right back at Southampton and has suddenly been thrust into the England team!

Quartz, you misunderstood.In my opinion,voiced here a long time ago, he has been a bit off/shit for a long time now.I have grown to hate him, and he sums up all that is wrong with the club.I don't care where you play him,if you have no pace,no attitude and can't hit a barndoor,it probably won't work out.He will be one of the first out the exit door if we get a decent manager.Sky commentator said 2 weeks ago that it's amazing Cazorla has never scored in Champions league.It doesn't amaze me.