Anti-Wenger Protest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
glenngould

Anti-Wenger Protest

Post by glenngould »

The only way we're going to see any positive change at Arsenal is by removing the manager. The chances of this happening will be greatly increased if Arsenal fans take to the streets outside the stadium and sing some songs for an hour or so voicing discontent. I stopped going about 4 years ago because I was paying hard earned money to watch Denilson and Eboue every week and I realised I'd been had, because I was told we were trying to challenge for honours when we clearly weren't. I suspect lots of people on this board are sick of Wenger but are afraid of getting egg on their faces by protesting because Arsenal might suddenly turn into some kind of dominating world force playing scintillating football and sweeping all before them. It ain't gonna happen. Guys - we're 'looking forward' to the return of Olivier Giroud, and according to Wenger's press conference before Swansea, we need to give Abou Diaby 'time'. When is enough enough?
It needs four or five people to spread the word and try to get 100 or so really anti-Wenger people together and hold up some banners and make some noise. After losing to Man Utd might be a good place to start, or before we've lost to them, if that's better.
Do we think it's possible? This needs to be organised and serious. Lots of fans respond on a game by game basis, so if we do beat or draw with Man Utd then there will be a softening of the angst. But I know there's a hardcore who don't care what the result is - we need him GONE!!!!!!!!!! Do people think it's realistic?

[MODS NOTE: We have discussed this and the majority of Mods said an anti-Wenger protest should have it's own thread.
Please keep this to discussing any protest or campaign that may or may not happen.
Any posts discussing the pros and cons of Wenger will be deleted from this thread, because there is a six year long thread for that at the top of the Forum so please use that one, see link below.
As with the earlier threads, no matter how fed up people are with results, no threats against an individual can be posted on the Forum and allowed to remain, it quite literally could get the Forum closed for ever.
Thanks.]

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34817&start=13245

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Wenger out by fan power

Post by officepest »

You will never, ever get the required numbers to make Stan take notice. We will get fourth this season, as usual, and we will be here next year doing the same thing after another pathetic start to the season.

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

It doesn't need huge numbers. It needs 75-100 making some noise, holding up banners (whatever happened to that 'thanks for the memories...' banner, by the way?) and actually DOING something instead of using head banging against the wall emoticons to indicate annoyance. WE CAN CHANGE THE SITUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

If the media see fans protesting in an organised way, they will take it seriously. It will grow but it needs to start somewhere...

augie

Post by augie »

officepest wrote:You will never, ever get the required numbers to make Stan take notice. We will get fourth this season, as usual, and we will be here next year doing the same thing after another pathetic start to the season.

No but it is very possible to get enough numbers to make le cock notice - you gotta remember that this is a manager that doesn't like to be questioned (especially by people who haven't managed x number of games :roll: ) and being seriously questioned publicly by us peasants would seriously piss him off 8) Can you imagine the reaction he would have to be asked about fan protests after a defeat ? The man would into absolute meltdown which would only feed the baying press pack who go crazy when they sense blood. I honestly think that he would walk away if there was a serious fan protest and the results and performances continue to be shite - the man is an arrogant cock who thinks he should be beyond reproach :roll: :evil:

Of course this leads back to the "what comes first, the chicken or the egg" argument - there is no doubt that there are thousands of fans who want the old c.unt removed but most are afraid to protest for fear of looking stupid if there is a poor turnout :roll: Of course the more people that stay away for that reason, the more likely there is to be a shite turnout so it could be a self fulfilling prophesy. The reality is fans do have more power than they realise and a big public protest will start a snowball affect which could make us all very happy 8) Even if you don't feel that us fans have enough power, don't you feel that the fans should at least fight for more power (I'm talking about every issue) ? We keep saying that the very least we expect from our players is that they give 100% to turn things around, so shouldn't the fans do the same ?

Personally I would like to see The Gooner and/or some of the supporters groups seize the inititive here and organise some mass demonstration. Realistically I suspect that any protest will happen at the end of a home defeat without any preparation and will be born from utter frustration and anger over yet another shite performance they have just seen

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Won't happen.

Wenger sees out his 3 years or walks with a nice payday if he really decides he can't be arsed anymore before then.

Like he'll be forced out by any fan protest :lol: Don't want your seat? 100 more will take your place.

gra001

Post by gra001 »

To many people on here "saying it won't happen " well lets give it a go, outside the Armoury before the Manure game 4:45pm

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A nice Loud Rendition of "There's Only One Jacqui Oatley" would also let him know that we see and know him to be the Graceless despot he has become. :barscarf:

I'm sure SteveO would join in! :lol: :barscarf:

glenngould

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by glenngould »

I've been happy to read some sensible posts supporting this - could really do without people coming on here and saying 'there's no point, nothing will change.' Thanks guys but just take a back seat and let people get on with trying to DO something about this apathy. It's exciting to think WE can make a difference, but it has to be organised and well done. I'm sick of being taken for a ride by Wenger and the board and am taking this seriously and will be getting something organised, so watch this space...

DB10GOONER

Re: Anti-Wenger Protest

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've deleted a couple of "Fuck off Wenger" posts. Lads, keep this thread to protest info/ideas. Anything else will be deleted. That includes abuse and/or a huge list of why we want Wenger gone. OneBard - you are borderline. :wink:

SPARKSY

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by SPARKSY »

glenngould wrote:I've been happy to read some sensible posts supporting this - could really do without people coming on here and saying 'there's no point, nothing will change.' Thanks guys but just take a back seat and let people get on with trying to DO something about this apathy. It's exciting to think WE can make a difference, but it has to be organised and well done. I'm sick of being taken for a ride by Wenger and the board and am taking this seriously and will be getting something organised, so watch this space...
I like and agree with your idea.
The problem you have is that the ground is pretty full of tourists who don't care who's in charge, as long as they see plenty of goals and middle aged women and blokes who sit and moan a lot but just won't get involved in any protest.
I like the idea but i think it would need to come from a "mob", like in Block 6, who do it spontaneously after another pathetic home performance. When people are in an angry mood like that it is much easier to get people together. A few chants etc and you're away
Leaving the ground on masse, they would then pick up a lot of younger supporters as they make there way to the Armoury.

Trying to arrange some sort of protest on here will be pretty fruitless. Lots of talk but ultimately no action. Its been going on for years.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

glenngould wrote:If the media see fans protesting in an organised way, they will take it seriously. It will grow but it needs to start somewhere...
This is the most important thing. Stan and his lackeys have no interest in the peasants crying at the gate. They have also contempt for the media but they are on the road long enough to know the media can hurt them.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I think that the media is key in all this and for this reason I have suddenly realised that any protests are not going to work just yet.
I mentioned this on the Wenger thread.

the trouble is although we are playing crap, a lot of other big teams are playing crap too.
until we are below, United, Spurs and Liverpool then the media will not really get behind any Wenger out protests.

the thing is by mid December we could well be in that position so this thead is useful in that it starts to prepare the groundwork.
I really think we will lose at home to Southampton - if we also fail to beat United and Dortmund then it is all going to start to kick off and Wenger might find he is finally in a position where it is hard to come back from.

usually Wenger at this stage pulls some results from somewhere so we will have to wait and see but I think he and the team are going to be in for a rocky few weeks.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin:

Okay. let me put it this way so that you might see where I'm coming from.

My suggestion about putting together a list of issues that can be collated is an idea/suggestion. Or is that too difficult to comprehend?

Whilst I fully understand why (and agree that) a separate thread on the sole topic of Ideas/ Suggestions for Forms of Protest is the best way forward, there has to be some leeway - to allow someone to explain or expand on their suggestion/idea.

The last thing I want to do is make things more difficult for the mods - as I mod another (music) site and it takes feckin' ages to read through everything.

so:

Ideas/Suggestions for Protesting:

1. Don't go to games
2. Stop buying merchandise/ concessions etc - But write and tell them of your intentions and why?
3. If you still choose to attend games then make and show a banner voicing your concerns inside and/or outside
4. Write to the club (simply make a letter template and print one off every day) requesting that they answer your concerns.
5. Go on local and national Sports/Footie Radio at every opportunity - and make your feelings known (in a clear concise manner)
6. Write to or speak with ex-players and ask them their (honest) opinions, then ask them to say something on your behalf if they are willing(?), if the swell of opposition does grow to the point where the media bring it up in every interview or press conference/Q&A, it will all add to the weight of our argument and opposition.
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

20-25,000 emply seats would be the best possible protest but best of luck with this. Anything that will help to rid the club of the gormless turnip has my backing 100%.