Anti-Wenger Protest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPUDMASHER

Re: Anti-Wenger Protest

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I'm not legal expert but I have a reasonable grasp of the law having been a plod in a previous life.

I would just say this to anyone wanting to organise or take part in a protest.

1. You cannot do it on Arsenal property as they have the right to move you on so it would have to be 'off site' so to speak.
2. 12 or more people acting with a common interest, if behaving in a disorderly manner, can legally be called a 'riot' under section 1 or 2 (can't remember which) of the public order act. So keep any protest within the law.
3. let the old bill know in advance that you're going to be staging a protest. It saves a lot of shit and because they will have to let the club know that it will be happening during their pre match briefings, it is a sure fire way to make senior people at the club aware that discontent is high.
4. prepare things well in advance to get maximum effect.
5. Keep any chanting or banners respectable. so no "fuck off and die" banners. If anything can be deemed to be offensive, defamatory etc. you can get nicked.

It's worth remembering that the local police and Islington Council have a lot of common interests with the club. Neither are going to be on your side. Don't do anything that gives them opportunity to show the protestors in a bad light. It just deflects from the protest itself.

If you do it well then who knows, you might just persuade the club to buy a new player in January. To be honest I doubt it will do much more than that, which is quite sad really, although I wish you the best of luck.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the She Wore facebook page has a JPEG that you can print out on A3 or A4 and hold up outside and in the game :wink:

i can't access fb at work but its this one :

just remember, if fans had started protesting last year, we wouldn't still had Wengrr now possibly - ask yourself, what is the price of doing nothing ? - probably 3 years of wenger and a lifetime of him as Director of Football propbably...

WENGER OUT !

gra001

Post by gra001 »

clockender1 wrote:i think we have to protest now, otherwise there's a very good chance that he will a) pick his own successor :banghead: and/or b) be put over the head of the new 'coach' as Director of Football, giving him control of transfers, tactics and player development.

hanging around until 2017 hoping that he leaves the club completely is not going to do it. protest now and keep protesting - its the only way to remove his influence on the club.
I'm with you gooner !!!! i here thing's are been organise before manure game, lot of it on social media, its a START!!!!

gra001

Post by gra001 »

Last season, there was a guy calling for wenger out in the statium, stewards kicked him out saying his cause trouble.
Surprised the stewards don't kick people out at half time when they are booooing the players of the pitch.....

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

whats actually been organised for the Man U game then?
just seems to be talk so far

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:whats actually been organised for the Man U game then?
just seems to be talk so far
demo outside the Armoury at 4.45pm and the display of the cards by fans inside the ground according to "She Wore" and the other facebook sites - one of which has 5,000+ likes now.

also on our very own beloved Gooner - calling for protest :

Only protest will achieve change

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... ve&id=3186

Fairplay to the writer. I understand that The Gooner cannot officially organize a protest, but they can be a forum in print and online for the fans voices - which for many people was the whole point of Fanzines in the 1980's - to inform, entertain and dissent if need be.

gra001

Post by gra001 »

Sounds Good, Upper tier Northbank Block 102 , last year the stewards throw a gooner out because he was saying he wanted wenger out, stewards told him that could cause trouble..

I'm surprised they don't kick people out when there's boooo's going on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Good article on the online gooner..... And one particular reply

east stand lower 11:47am 13th Nov 2014

I agree in working against the brand. but that is pretty difficult to do when there are so many day trippers to the stadium. the first start is not to buy food or drink at the club concessions. but that has been franchised off so where do we start I have a season ticket and i am quite happy to go to each game and slaughter the team and wenger, - Post No. 64626

What the stewards gonna do when 5,000 then 20,000, then 30,000 fans think the same - Fack All that's what :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Dodgyknee71 wrote:Good article on the online gooner..... And one particular reply

I agree in working against the brand. but that is pretty difficult to do when there are so many day trippers to the stadium. the first start is not to buy food or drink at the club concessions. but that has been franchised off so where do we start I have a season ticket and i am quite happy to go to each game and slaughter the team and wenger, - Post No. 64626

What the stewards gonna do when 5,000 then 20,000, then 30,000 fans think the same - Fack All that's what :barscarf:
A problem within the stadium is like minded people may not be sitting together, especially with the tourist element in home games. Pockets of protest will not have the same impact.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

I don't have a ticket for the Man Utd match, but will gladly join in with the protest at 4.45pm. Let's get this rolling.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Dodgyknee71 wrote:Good article on the online gooner..... And one particular reply

A problem within the stadium is like minded people may not be sitting together, especially with the tourist element in home games. Pockets of protest will not have the same impact.
Yup agree mate .... But my comment still stands 30 to 50% of the stadium start making a stand and it gets interesting.... Yes I see the tourist element regularly but I also see a lot of regulars young and old who quite frankly have had efackingnuff ........

I've had enough to such extent I hope wanka fails to buy a single decent player in January as too many decent players have been fucked over by him and the board since we moved to the grove ....
It's got the point where I personally hope we don't finish in the top eight let alone top four.... For many reasons.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

one thing to remember is that the players read the papers and the Gooner, they've mentioned it in the past...and of course their mates and family to do.

so a bit of dissent that makes the back pages does have an indirect on wenger as it reduces the players confidence in him, especially if they are a bit sceptical of him, which i'm sure the likes of Pod, Per, Rosicky, Arteta already are - and maybe Chambers too after the 'hung out to dry' comments in the papers and among the England Squad. i'm sure too they'll be some pisstaking at the England Camp this week out of our lot.

if the coaches are alredy questioning his decisions, anything we can do to get the players talking behind his back and undermining him, has to be a good thing right ?

Victoria Concordia Crescit :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

If the protest is going to go ahead outside The Armoury before the Man Utd game maybe it should be prefaced on an appointed time on the Thursday (enough time to go to press) by as many Gooners as possible bombarding as many media outlets as possible with news of our disenchantment and the protest. This could be done via e.mail and social media. Maybe Thursday would be too late, but it could be worth thinking about.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i'd post on the comments section of the Daily Mail, BBC Football etc - also tweet at Jacqui Oatley, Mark Pougatch etc

in fact we could post a list of twitter handles to tweet to here, couldn't we ?

I'd also suggest raising the cards silently on the 10th Minute - to symbolize 10 years without a Title, and ironically Paul Mersons Shirt Number :wink: