Anti-Wenger Protest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Anti-Wenger Protest

Post by Gunner Rob »

mikey b clearly talks the most sense as he has attempted protests before.

as I also said protesting before United will not work. 90% of the Emirates crowd will only be up for supporting the team that day.

BUT if we were to lose and there was a spontaneous protest then that is the time to then carry it on into future games.
there would be real momentum being carried on into the Dortmund game a few days later.

by the way if any protest before United works then I would be delighted :barscarf:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Gunner Rob wrote:mikey b clearly talks the most sense as he has attempted protests before.

as I also said protesting before United will not work. 90% of the Emirates crowd will only be up for supporting the team that day.

BUT if we were to lose and there was a spontaneous protest then that is the time to then carry it on into future games.
there would be real momentum being carried on into the Dortmund game a few days later.

by the way if any protest before United works then I would be delighted :barscarf:
We have tried a few times mate. The arsenal fans do not like protests and they do not like being told they are wrong about wenger. Sadly it has to happen naturally now.

Trust me on this if lose to united that crowd will turn big time, sadly we need to lose to Dortmund too for anything major to happen. As I mentioned in recent years where there have been periods of unrest and Wenger always seems to get a big result just when the fans were starting to turn. Then he gets another seasons grace.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

mikeyb772001 wrote:Having been present to all the recent poor manned protests and all the BSM marches I can tell you all now this protest will fail, as will any attempt to boycott a game. It simply won’t happen and it’s pointless suggesting it. We have seen hundreds if not thousands say they will join us but the 2 times we attempted a protest nobody turned up. Plus the abuse we got was crazy. By the way the people running this protest were not kids yet it still fell on deaf ears.

As a group we have tried all sorts and petty as it sounds all it did was alienate people and cause more of a divide. It had zero impact.

Same with the banner.. It was held up recently in Belgium and people were not happy at all. Yet everyone agreed that he should leave… how does that work…?

Our fans are far too nice and the second protest is mentioned or public critical banners are on show about wenger the sheep go mental. I’ve seen friends that are die hard wenger fans turn the last few Months and agree he has to go (the fence sitters) I call them. Yet now a protest is mentioned or they hear wenger get criticised they defend him again. Anything pre planned will get the backs up of these fans and alienate the masses. We are way off getting genuine numbers to actually take part and finally demand change. They love wenger too much to hurt him. The only positive is that for many “akbs’ they mostly realise that wenger does need to go but they will never push the matter and will happily accept it due to what he’s done for the club.
The only time I ever see the wenger fans or fence sitters get angry is during a game. Been some aways this season where certain faces shocked me with their reaction. But 2-3 days later they are backing him again. Its laughable

The only way anything will happen is if we lose another major home game. THE ONLY TIME the club have ever taken notice was after Villa 3.1. The crowd reaction after and the media back lash that followed was poison. As was the crowd in the ground it was loud and it was pure anger directed at Wenger. That was more productive than any protest or any boycott. The club went out and bought Ozil and I am convinced that only happened due to that result and the reaction online and in the media.

If we lose against Manure , that crowd will go apeshit. I’m not talking about the wenger out brigade, I’m talking nearly the whole ground. Those fence sitters who get angry might calm down and go back to backing him after but by then the damage is done. Now if we also lose against Dortmund we are talking real strides of fan unrest and finally that old fraud being accountable for his actions.

Going back the last few years every time there is unrest regarding wenger the old goat always turns it around and does just enough to get the sheep masses backing him again. It’s like he has 9 lives. I don’t care what anyone thinks of me I want us to lose next Saturday. I want that ground to turn and it needs to happen more than once. Let the ground reflect the online back lash for once.

There I said it! Debate as you will
Great post, spot on.
:barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

great, so don't bother protesting because it won't work, but just hope maybe it does and someone else does it ? - this is the main reason Wenger is still here :banghead:

why bother complaining about wenger if you're not going to do anything about ????

:censored:

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Dodgyknee71 wrote:And I'll add this .... If the club don't start listening, I'll keep renewing that's not an issue but I swear I'll never sit in that seat until change..... Fk em have your 1k but your get fuck all else, and most definitely not a tourist filling it spending extra each game ..... The more I type this the more appealing it gets.
so you say you are willing to hand over £1k to Stan Kroenke and Arsenal each summer but not bother going??

that is ridiculous.
1) Kroenke is not bothered whether you attend or not so long as he get his money.
if the ground ever gets too empty he will be quite happy as it gives him an excuse to start transferring games to the US (like the american football teams coming to Wembley)

2) you are denying the chance for the younger Arsenal supporters coming through to get a ticket.

With all due respect..... I'll do what I want with my money......

As for denying the chance for the younger arsenal supporters ....... I'm doing them a favour IMHO

REB

Post by REB »

gra001

Post by gra001 »

Good post... well said... time to move on....

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Can this stop being a thread having a pop at Arsenal supporter groups. Keep it on topic, i.e. how do we organise an effective protest.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Seriously folks most of the mods want to merge this thread into the Wenger one. Please keep it on topic or it is gone.

WEWEREINVINCIBLE!

Post by WEWEREINVINCIBLE! »

Think could give Wenger and team idea of feelings of many fans if as they drive down The Holloway Road on the team bus, the crowds outside the pubs and along their route to the ground hold those A4 signs up???
Or larger flags posters strategicly placed along their route where theyll defo see them???

could drop pile of the signs at each pub? Put pile in the evening standard/ metro stands at tube stations????

The signs would defo then need to be held up in Stadium aswell to enforce the message

augie

Post by augie »

Chippy wrote:Seriously folks most of the mods want to merge this thread into the Wenger one. Please keep it on topic or it is gone.

Can only speak for myself chippy, but when I bring up the names of the various supporters groups I do so as an appeal to those involved to stand up and lead and organise this protest. I go back to a line in braveheart when he states that the Scottish nobles think that the common man is there to provide a life of privilege for them, but the reality is that they are there to provide and fight for their people - these supporters groups need to understand that they have to respond to the feelings of their members and use their position to fight for their interests and in this occasion it means protesting against a manager that has to be hounded out now

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

augie wrote:
Chippy wrote:Seriously folks most of the mods want to merge this thread into the Wenger one. Please keep it on topic or it is gone.

Can only speak for myself chippy, but when I bring up the names of the various supporters groups I do so as an appeal to those involved to stand up and lead and organise this protest. I go back to a line in braveheart when he states that the Scottish nobles think that the common man is there to provide a life of privilege for them, but the reality is that they are there to provide and fight for their people - these supporters groups need to understand that they have to respond to the feelings of their members and use their position to fight for their interests and in this occasion it means protesting against a manager that has to be hounded out now
If that was the tone of the posts Augie I'm sure none of us would have a problem. However I'm not sure giving dog's abuse to Redaction and the BSM guys is going to get them on side.

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

So, what about a time and place and a protest. I will suggest 4pm outside The Armoury before the Utd game, perfect for catching the coach when it comes past. If this seems like a good idea then let's re-name this thread with the time and place and get people to come so we can finally get things moving and instigate some changes into our stale set-up of a club. I think there's enough people now who don't care if we win the matches, they still want him out because this will end as it always does. So how about that time and place...?

gra001

Post by gra001 »

4:30 Armoury where the Big Canons are.....

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

get these printed out :

:barscarf: