Anti-Wenger Protest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Anti-Wenger Protest

Post by Herd »

Very good post by our old chum Mickey the terror of the Terrraces , I still wanna see who wore those flip flops mate .

He also has a good point , A lot want to see Wenger go but simply cant bring themselves to play up in front of media.
Arsenal fans are like the club conservative with a small c.
They don't think it's the Arsenal way to start calling out the manager but I also agree the Majority of fans are coming over to the dark side !

He is also correct about Wenger , he always seems to do just enough to keep the hounds from the door ,last year he was saved by the FA Cup win however lucky we were and we were fucking lucky V Liverpool Wigan and Hull !
The bonus of finishing fourth despite the humiliating beastings we got at City ,Liverpool,Everton,and Chelsea.
But we all know in reality ,last Season was a lost opportunity with 3 of the clubs above us changing manager but we didn't assemble a strong enough tough enough squad (again) and we didn't alter our tactics in big games (again) .
No Change aboard the good ship Wenger is ever going to happen that we know.

Unlike Micky I simply cannot want us to lose ,Ive tried it doesn't work with me and every time it hurts .
Moreover I also don't think it will either bring about the end of the Wenger years nor do I think it will even if we finish
outside the top 4.
I also think the time for any manager to come or go is at the end of a season NOT the middle of it .

Looking to the Owners ,Kroenke has paid a lot for his shares so he wont invest more which means f revenue is down because of no Chumps league then we will trim the wage bill and squad list down even further.
Only if the BRAND starts to suffer boxes not paid for and Club level seats not sold will they pump more in to maintain the BRAND.
Kroenke LOVES Wenger and will not sack him , he doesn't care about fan protests he will never hear them since he rarely comes to watch .
Kroenke isn't responsible for what has happened to the club either .

I don't have an answer but any protest is doomed to failure in the current climate .

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

How about a simple black and white A4 sheet listing, in common prose, the major grievances with the manager. Each member of this forum with a season ticket can print out, say 50, get to a predetermined game early and distribute them on every other seat in order to reach the maximum number of fans.

If 20 people did this we'd have 1,000 sheets at a specific game and you can bet your arse that a load of these would be made into paper planes and thrown onto the pitch (just remember the Bayern game when the club gave out those red and white sheets). That'd get media attention when one or two land close to reporters.

Limit the word count to about 200 and you'd get your point across. It could become a regular thing, targeting different areas of the stadium each home game.

In fact I may just do this by myself even if no one else wants to. :D

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Chippy wrote:Can this stop being a thread having a pop at Arsenal supporter groups. Keep it on topic, i.e. how do we organise an effective protest.
So which Mod do I complain to about all this personal abuse? Or do I have to get into the clique first?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ok. That's it. I'm locking this until one of us can take enough time from work to clean out all the rubbish on this thread. When we re-open it, there will be a zero tolerance policy and if people keep posting off topic or abusing other members then we'll lock it permanently and the OP can PM updates to the mods and we'll post them on this thread. Call it nazi mods or whatever, I don't care. There are rules here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ok. I've skipped lunch and cleaned out this thread. All abusive posts, piss taking posts and posts off topic have been deleted. I'll probably take a harsher trawl through later tbh.

This thread was set up by the OP in the honest interest of organising a protest. Please keep your posts on topic and related to that protest (or other protest ideas) or we will delete them.

Do not post your personal lists of why you want Wenger gone. This will only lead to every member posting theirs and that has been done to death. There is a Wenger thread for that. Post them there.

This is the ONLY thread on here we have EVER been strict about so please, no whining, as we believe we are right in being strict on this one as it is an important issue. If you cannot abide by that then don't post on this thread.

If people keep posting abuse, taking the piss, or going off topic then it will either be locked or merged. Your choice.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

so has an actual protest been arranged for Saturday or is it all just talk?

I have given reasons why I won't protest on Saturday but would join any further ones planned.

augie

Post by augie »

TheCook wrote:
Chippy wrote:Can this stop being a thread having a pop at Arsenal supporter groups. Keep it on topic, i.e. how do we organise an effective protest.
So which Mod do I complain to about all this personal abuse? Or do I have to get into the clique first?

Wait your turn.......I'm here two years longer than you and I haven't been invited to join yet :( :wink:

On a serious level, where the fcuk did my post go to ? I didn't abuse anyone did I ? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
TheCook wrote:

Wait your turn.......I'm here two years longer than you and I haven't been invited to join yet :( :wink:

On a serious level, where the fcuk did my post go to ? I didn't abuse anyone did I ? :?

You have to either be a Mod to be in the Clique or be one of those who plays Humpitty Hump with them behind the bike sheds mate!

If you're not in the clique your posts will be removed without warning ...either that or the mods will amend it to their own liking...sad ..but..TRUE.

Good Idea to take A4 sheets with WENGER OUT! printed on them and make them into paper planes and throw them onto the pitch - could also run a book to see whose paper plane gets furthest when thrown towards the pitch.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

those in blocks 1 and 2 can try aiming the plane at Wenger's head :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just buy an Extra -Large (Cheap) White T-Shirt (Primark £2) and a Thick Nibbed Felt (Red) Pen----Write "Wenger Out" or some other ditty on the front and when the game/s go/es tits up for us - open up yer quaker to reveal your chosen ditty - 1,000 of them would be seized on by the media - QED! well almost. :barscarf:

gra001

Post by gra001 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Ok. I've skipped lunch and cleaned out this thread. All abusive posts, piss taking posts and posts off topic have been deleted. I'll probably take a harsher trawl through later tbh.

This thread was set up by the OP in the honest interest of organising a protest. Please keep your posts on topic and related to that protest (or other protest ideas) or we will delete them.

Do not post your personal lists of why you want Wenger gone. This will only lead to every member posting theirs and that has been done to death. There is a Wenger thread for that. Post them there.

This is the ONLY thread on here we have EVER been strict about so please, no whining, as we believe we are right in being strict on this one as it is an important issue. If you cannot abide by that then don't post on this thread.

If people keep posting abuse, taking the piss, or going off topic then it will either be locked or merged. Your choice.

Well said, as this is an important issue, i for one i'm full support of the protest with many many many others as seen on other sites as well as the amount of Arsenal fans taling about it on Arsenal fan Tv..... enough is enough!!!

gra001

Post by gra001 »

Protest is needed! It's time for Wenger to go. — Arsenal Action

arsenalaction.com/2014/11/.../protest-is-needed-its-time-for-wenger-to-g...

gp543

Post by gp543 »

augie wrote:
TheCook wrote:

My posts are gone as well. They were not abusive in any way and didn't mention a specific group or individual by name.

I merely pointed out, as I will do again, that fence-sitting by large supporters' groups is detrimental to a the progress of any long-term solution at this club. Tell us where you stand so we can get on with it, with or without you.

There's a big difference between criticism and abuse.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Rosicky's Right Boot wrote:How about a simple black and white A4 sheet listing, in common prose, the major grievances with the manager. Each member of this forum with a season ticket can print out, say 50, get to a predetermined game early and distribute them on every other seat in order to reach the maximum number of fans.

If 20 people did this we'd have 1,000 sheets at a specific game and you can bet your arse that a load of these would be made into paper planes and thrown onto the pitch (just remember the Bayern game when the club gave out those red and white sheets). That'd get media attention when one or two land close to reporters.

Limit the word count to about 200 and you'd get your point across. It could become a regular thing, targeting different areas of the stadium each home game.

In fact I may just do this by myself even if no one else wants to. :D
Maybe if sheets were printed and some left in the toilet block so people could take them if they had a sudden urge to show them,not everyone will agreed with the protest, but they might be picked up and displayed if we're behind in the game and anger rises amongst supporters,like a spur of the moment thing....it just might snowball from there...

failing that a "Wenger out" paper airplane hitting him in the eye will have the desired effect.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

MODS NOTE: If you cannot find a post from this thread, it has either been deleted (if a Mod is taking a strict line) or moved over to the Wenger Thread.