Thierry Henry Appreciation Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
QuartzGooner

Re: Thierry Henry Appreciation Thread

Post by QuartzGooner »

As I thought earlier, I think the ambassadorial role with a bit of punditry most likely, whilst he decides whether to take coaching badges.

But a thought just occurred to me.

With Podolski and Campbell mooted for January departures, I would not hesitate to see Henry join the playing squad until the end of the season, and Sanogo goes on loan until the end of the season.

augie

Post by augie »

QuartzGooner wrote:As I thought earlier, I think the ambassadorial role with a bit of punditry most likely, whilst he decides whether to take coaching badges.

But a thought just occurred to me.

With Podolski and Campbell mooted for January departures, I would not hesitate to see Henry join the playing squad until the end of the season, and Sanogo goes on loan until the end of the season.

Seriously quartz, you should have your mod privileges revoked after a statement like that :wink: Are you still going to support signing him into his 40's ? The man has had his day and if he wants to continue playing then let him do so at a club more befitting his current level - sentimentality and living on past glories should bot be tolerated and that applies to the cock in charge and henry himself :evil:

Btw I harbour no ill feeling towards him re the handball - he did what any one of us would have done in that position, so to cry over it is shameful imo :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry to PLAY for us again???!! :shock: At this stage in his career??!! :shock: WTF? :roll:

No. No. No. He's waaaay past his best and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay past the level required for the PL. :roll:

I'm with augie - I'm going to de-mod my fellow mod Quartz! :lol:

RE the hand ball; At the time, and now, I couldn't really give a flying fuck tbh. Even though he whored it off to the whores, Henry will always be an Arsenal legend to me. The way the Oirish media and the FAI demonised him and the way they whined like bitches about it was embarrassing. We had one FAI cúnt even suggesting we get "let in" to the tournament because we have "great fans". :lol: :oops: :lol: :roll: I think the cúnt might even have officially approached FIFA cap in hand with that spazzer idea!! :oops: :oops:

Tbh, I was hoping they'd also let Kenya in because they had a nice coloured jersey at the time. 8)

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:Henry to PLAY for us again???!! :shock: At this stage in his career??!! :shock: WTF? :roll:

No. No. No. He's waaaay past his best and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay past the level required for the PL. :roll:

I'm with augie - I'm going to de-mod my fellow mod Quartz! :lol:

RE the hand ball; At the time, and now, I couldn't really give a flying fuck tbh. Even though he whored it off to the whores, Henry will always be an Arsenal legend to me. The way the Oirish media and the FAI demonised him and the way they whined like bitches about it was embarrassing. We had one FAI cúnt even suggesting we get "let in" to the tournament because we have "great fans". :lol: :oops: :lol: :roll: I think the cúnt might even have officially approached FIFA cap in hand with that spazzer idea!! :oops: :oops:

Tbh, I was hoping they'd also let Kenya in because they had a nice coloured jersey at the time. 8)
It's hardly surprising mate re the FAIif you look at what's gone on/what's going on with John Delaney....on subjects too many to list.

:oops: :oops:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I think Henry is as much an Arsene man as an Arsenal man, I love Henry, he is a legend and all that but if he is backing Wenger to remain as Arsenal manager why didn't he stay with Arsene in 2007 ? He left to win a Champions League I assume and I don't hold that against him as such but why demand loyalty to Wenger from us ? Maybe Henry will manage Arsenal some day but he would be an ornament with Wenger still there.

On THAT handball, didn't care then and don't care now. It united the plastic Victim/Celtic /Manure brigade in Oireland with righteous indignation. In the name of sportsmanship Irish kids were taught racism and alcohol fueled hatred. Pathetic embarrassing time in our recent history as a nation. The proposed boycott of a French company in Dublin, the march from Lansdowne Road to the French embassy and the extra team in World Cup 2010 idea was a symbol how moronically stupid it all was.
Ten days before the handball David N'Gog dived to win Liverpool a penalty in a 2-2 draw against Birmingham City. When I pointed this out to inlaws I was shouted down , when I suggested that what Henry done was cheating and completely wrong but if you condemn him you must be consistent and equally condemn all cheating especially when it benefits your team I was met with blank stares.

Nothing summed the time up more than the keyboard /faceboook warriors who moaned about the fact there would be no binge drinking session for the World Cup without Oireland. That is what it really all was about. The stupid woman on Ireland AM on the dreary TV3 said that for Henry to hold a mascot's hand with that tainted hand was morally wrong..fuck sake :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB Delaney did approach FIFA, in a news conference didn't Blatter mention it to laughs from the assembled media and delegates. I cringe even thinking about it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

no way is Henry coming back whilst Wenger is in charge

the dictator won't allow it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Because TH is dedicated to the Wenger cause (understandably because he became the great player - and Legend - under Wenger) - But I see this as a sneaky *word censored* move by Wenger to placate the fans who are sitting on the fence and to give a cheap thrill to the AKB wankers - But if IF TH gets involved with all the shyte that is going to hit the fan when the anti-wenger brigade grows in numbers and strength and the protests become weekly - then it could well tarnish him in the eyes of those who Love Arsenal but want wenker Gone!.

We need TH to stay away till wenker has fucked off.....because there is No Way he can change this downward spiral of meglomania by the french fool.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

If he came back as manager then you can virtually guarantee that Le *word censored* will be booted upstairs, I personally don't want to see Henry as manager as I'd prefer a clean break after Wenger has gone, also Henry is far to up Wenger's arse for my liking, a coaching role yes but as manager a 100 pct no from me.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Chippy wrote:I just cannot see the gorgeous chocolate coloured God that is Thierry putting up with failure. Sorry, did I just say that out loud. :oops:
Fucking hell Chippy, you cant say "coloured", you racist bastard. And you call yourself a "liberal!" :roll:

DB10GOONER wrote:Tbh, I was hoping they'd also let Kenya in because they had a nice coloured...
Oh ffs!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:mrgreen:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i don't think quartz was saying he wants TH14 playing for us - i think he was saying he could see it happen. i could too.

TH14 coaching under wenger is a bad idea, could there be a worse mentor for him ? - as much as i love TH ( not as much as chippy clearly :shock: ) the last thing we want is a another delusional "go out and play' manager in charge...

it would be very sad to see him tarnish his legend by failing badly as a manager with us. :oops:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

clockender1 wrote:i don't think quartz was saying he wants TH14 playing for us - i think he was saying he could see it happen. i could too.
I can see it happening, and I would not be disappointed if it happened, strictly until the end of the season for the following reasons:

1.) I would prefer Podolski and Campbell staying until the summer, but I cannot see either wanting to stay and I would not blame either if they left in January on loan or a permanent deal.
Neither is a youth player, both have World Cup experience and deserve to play more than they do.

2.) Sanogo?
I see him as a Championship level player. He has had little competitive football in the last three years, so I think a loan spell with regular games is in his interest.

3.) That leaves us with Giroud and Welback as first team strikers, Giroud having just come back from medium term injury.

4.) Of the attacking midfielders -
Sanchez can play up front, has done well there for other clubs, but I am worried about burnout.
Walcott has played up front a bit for us, done quite well, but has played 10 minutes all season.

5.) Of the youngsters, Akpom is doing well at reserve level, but hardly even makes the first team bench.
Crowley similar.
Afobe is on loan.

So Henry for six months?

I think he has enough left to be a regular sub.
He would not play in the same way as in his prime, he has lost pace.
He is still faster than others though, and whilst his game was great because of pace, he never relied solely on pace, he has strength, balance, agility and technical ability too.
As a man who could hold onto the ball, play back to goal, make a bit of space for himself, provide a nice pass and score some "facing-the-goal" goals too....

yes, I would take him.

Larsen did well for Manchester Utd at the same age.

augie

Post by augie »

Difference was that Larsson was a squad player and was treated accordingly - if this arrogant cock returns he will be treated like a god by our tourist and juvenile star struck fanbase :roll: :oops: Bringing him on alone would provide orgasmic type reactions from many parts of the ground and his presence will be a distraction for the shambles going on around him - if le cock was gone and if we had a proper manager in place, then I would be ok with him returning to the club in some NON PLAYING capacity but otherwise he can fcuk off :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

^^^This^^^

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

augie wrote:Difference was that Larsson was a squad player and was treated accordingly - if this arrogant cock returns he will be treated like a god by our tourist and juvenile star struck fanbase :roll: :oops: Bringing him on alone would provide orgasmic type reactions from many parts of the ground and his presence will be a distraction for the shambles going on around him - if le cock was gone and if we had a proper manager in place, then I would be ok with him returning to the club in some NON PLAYING capacity but otherwise he can fcuk off :evil:

Do you think that the fan base would have any influence in how Wenger used him?

The fan base appears to have fuck all influence in any other matter so why this?

I'm disappointed to read that you think of our top striker of all time is an "arrogant cock" who should "fuck off". What has he done to deserve that?

For what it is worth I don't think AW has any intention of re-signing him to the playing staff. If he did though, and he used him in the same way Manure used Larsson, I wouldn't have a problem with it for the rest of the season.

I always think of the old saying "if he's good enough, he's old enough" (steady on DB10, no getting excited now! :wink: ). Well why not say if he's good enough, he's young enough.