FA Cup QF Draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
VAVAVOOM 14

Re: FA Cup QF Draw

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:8600 tickets.

Starts at 5+ credits tomorrow so should go all the way down to Reds.

Travel options still not updated...

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/141 ... al-tickets
The Guardian claims we are due over 11,000 tickets for this.

"FA rules state that the away club can claim up to 15% of the opponent’s stadium capacity – equating to around 11,250 seats for Arsenal."

I wonder why we aren't receiving the full allocation?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -nightmare

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Presume it is due to segregation, so we've got the whole upper tier behind the goal and the normal away end. To give any more would be pretty hard for the concourse (presume they have no way to segregate there).

Think we've got a good allocation, how we are going to get almost 9k gooners who can go on a Monday night is another thing.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Yeah they take one of the blocks away on the end for segregation, but even then I would've expected it to be a little more than 8,600. If memory serves it was over 9,000 last time, but can't see why Arsenal wouldn't voluntarily take up the full number possible.

Will easily go down to Reds and sell out anyway, you can tell they know that and are looking to shift them in a hurry by only starting at 5+

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

perhaps they're not getting a full allocation at the bowl if it goes to a replay. If we reduce their's they reduce ours

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

They never give 11k, they're given special dispensation not to give the full 15% because their ground is so large. If this doesn't go down to reds I'll be extremely pissed off.

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

Whats the chances they make an announcement over travel plans before tickets go on sale?
Be surprised if this goes down to reds

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Would love to go to this....have booked monday and tuesday off - in case I get a ticket...

:?

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

To be honest i think red members will definitely get a ticket. Too many reasons to stop a lot of people travelling up from London who would otherwise have gone (live on BBC, travel, usual poor displays at OT). Its going to be a pig to get back to Nottingham and most other places in the Midlands as well.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Exactly, i''ll stick my neck out and say this one will goto General Sale.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

FWIW, the 2008 FA Cup game at Man Utd went down to red members (I was one, and attended, so remember it well).

And that was a Saturday, and we were top of the league at the time. I'd be stunned if this didn't go to reds as well.

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

Plenty of people are going to want a credi. I know our record at ot is abysmal to say the least but it is the quarter final of the fa cup after all. This sells out to silvers

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

VoiceOfReason wrote:FWIW, the 2008 FA Cup game at Man Utd went down to red members (I was one, and attended, so remember it well).

And that was a Saturday, and we were top of the league at the time. I'd be stunned if this didn't go to reds as well.
What did it go down to in 2011 when we played them in the cup

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

DB10_TH14 wrote:Whats the chances they make an announcement over travel plans before tickets go on sale?
Be surprised if this goes down to reds
RedAction twitter: AFC working on subsidised travel for Old Trafford : could be £20 for chartered train & £10 for coaches. Details confirmed in next 24 hours

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

If the club pull off those travel arrangements then they will deserve credit; decent fair prices.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

DB10_TH14 wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:FWIW, the 2008 FA Cup game at Man Utd went down to red members (I was one, and attended, so remember it well).

What did it go down to in 2011 when we played them in the cup
Not sure, had given up by then.