FA Cup Semi Final draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

FA Cup Semi Final draw

Post by flash gunner »

Well done Dermot. Best draw we could have got :barscarf:

northbank123

Re: FA Cup Semi Final

Post by northbank123 »

Didn't think it mattered hugely given that we'd have to play Liverpool either way and Villa wouldn't provide much resistance.

Then we were drawn out and I was well in the semi spirit :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Re: FA Cup Semi Final

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

dermot o'leary > david o'leary :lol: :barscarf:

jaggygooner

Re: FA Cup Semi Final draw

Post by jaggygooner »

Great draw, well done dermot, if we could beat Bradford in the semis and Blackburn in the final, it would be like the last 3 years had never happened.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

jaggygooner wrote:Great draw, well done dermot, if we could beat Bradford in the semis and Blackburn in the final, it would be like the last 3 years had never happened.
But what if Bradford beat us, just like they did a couple of years ago. :cry:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Just hope Blackburn can do the mousers, I couldn't bear to lose another final to those *word censored*.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Totally agree Sid it's starting to worry me now

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:Just hope Blackburn can do the mousers, I couldn't bear to lose another final to those *word censored*.
Agree Sid in fact being a paranoid Arsenal fan I would go as far as saying if Liverpool reach the FA Cup Final regardless of opposition Liverpool will win it, or their opponents will not be allowed win it to be accurate. If you think there was referee pressure in Manchester last night it would be nothing compared to the pressure of Stevie Gs goodbye.
Paranoid maybe but I genuinely fear it.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

It's written in the stars (and into the FA's referee rosters' terms of employment) that Steven Gerrard must be allowed to lift the FA Cup on his 35th birthday in his last game in English football.

It's scary the lengths English football might have to goto to ensure this will happen.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Hope we're the 'away' side in the final if we get there and aren't playing Blackburn (as long as we don't play in that blue monstrsity)

What did she wear? :barscarf:

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

Any idea of when day and KO time will be announced

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

UlsterGooner wrote:Any idea of when day and KO time will be announced
Liverpool's replay isn't until April 8th, it would be mad for them wait that long to announce ours when the Bradford replay it's going to take place soon.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

first of all lads we are not in the final yet, remember last years semi?

secondly I think blackburn have a good chance in beating Liverpool. Rodgers coming out and saying the pitch wasn't good enough for them to play their game well I'm sure the blackburn manager has ordered their groundkeeper to down tools for few weeks

wibble

Post by wibble »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:first of all lads we are not in the final yet, remember last years semi?

secondly I think blackburn have a good chance in beating Liverpool. Rodgers coming out and saying the pitch wasn't good enough for them to play their game well I'm sure the blackburn manager has ordered their groundkeeper to down tools for few weeks
Yeah, we won and got to the final :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:first of all lads we are not in the final yet, remember last years semi?

:lol:

I hope to Christ Blackburn plough the fucking pitch and destroy the mousers because if the hubcap botherers get to the final then they have won the FA cup without kicking a ball. Gerard's last hurrah in Ingerland (until he returns "on loan" at Chelsea next January :roll: ) added to the fact I heard it's his fucking birthday on FA cup final day?? No ref will deny a diving Stevie Me a penno in the dying minutes.... :roll: :|