Monaco (A)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Monaco (A)

Post by augie »

Every single Gooner moans about the "same old same old" groundhog seasons at modern day AFC, but how many would be willing to sacrifice 4th place and the fa cup this season in order to change things ? I know that it is a discussion we have had for years on here but that in itself bears out the repetitive life of a Gooner nowadays :roll: Some Gooners claim that losing out on 4th place and balls'ing up the fa cup wont change things and therefore we should want to win the cup, but I just see that is a cowards viewpoint - I firmly believe that le c.unt would have walked last summer had we not won the cup and I for one am willing to make sacrifices for the greater good even though I know that there is no guarantee that any changes would come on the back of these failures
Sadly I no longer go through the same range of emotions that I used to as a Gooner - I no longer feel the same sense of euphoria when we win because I realise that it ensures deja vu and stagnation in our club, but at the same time I no longer feel the same utter despair in defeat because it is expected and I figure that if those inside the club dont give a fcuk then why should I ? :cry: :cry:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie there are no guarantees and this is the problem. I could see us fucking up 4th and the FA Cup and Wenger saying he is the man to bring us back and the Wengerites lapping it up.

Top 4 means absolutely fuck all to me but winning the FA Cup does and I still want to win it as losing out will mean nothing to the people (wankers) who make the decisions at Arsenal

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

rigsby wrote:Did I watch a different game to some people? Ozil was brilliant. He gave the ball away a few times, but he was making stuff happen and getting past players. He's clearly what people love to knock. Appreciate what a magnificent player we have here.
Me an d I'm sure many others will do that when he starts putting in performances that warrant it. :roll: Until then, he will be judged on what he actually produces and - whether fair or not - the truth is he hasn't lived anywhere near up to his reputation and price tag. I fear that rather than a new Bergkamp/Pires - truly great players that dominated games - we have bought the modern day Hleb!! :oops: :oops: :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:Every single Gooner moans about the "same old same old" groundhog seasons at modern day AFC, but how many would be willing to sacrifice 4th place and the fa cup this season in order to change things ? I know that it is a discussion we have had for years on here but that in itself bears out the repetitive life of a Gooner nowadays :roll: Some Gooners claim that losing out on 4th place and balls'ing up the fa cup wont change things and therefore we should want to win the cup, but I just see that is a cowards viewpoint - I firmly believe that le c.unt would have walked last summer had we not won the cup and I for one am willing to make sacrifices for the greater good even though I know that there is no guarantee that any changes would come on the back of these failures
Sadly I no longer go through the same range of emotions that I used to as a Gooner - I no longer feel the same sense of euphoria when we win because I realise that it ensures deja vu and stagnation in our club, but at the same time I no longer feel the same utter despair in defeat because it is expected and I figure that if those inside the club dont give a fcuk then why should I ? :cry: :cry:
Been saying this for years, the usual response from wenkerites is to be branded a heretic. I think failure to qfy for the clge would do him more harm than not winning the FA cup, but I am willing to sacrifice everything to bring about his departure.
Last seasons FA cup triumph brought me very little joy, even more so due to the fortuitous manner of the victory, I still wonder by how many we would have lost had Gibbs not cleared the header off the line at 2-0, I would hazard a guess at 5-1. And I think you are right he would have walked, because of the magnitude of the defeat by such shite opposition, which would have come on the back of countless similar performances in the league.
The praise that he received from all quarters after the cup win was fucking nauseating and watching the players lift him head high on the pitch made me wish for a "Morrow moment"

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote: and watching the players lift him head high on the pitch made me wish for a "Morrow moment"
:lol: :lol:

You horrible c*nt Sid

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Thought we’d win 2-0 and bow out on away goals again. Welbeck was anonymous and Sanchez was wretched; I’m not sure what has happened to the latter, but he looks spent.

The damage was done in the pathetic capitulation in the first leg, last night I thought we controlled the game from start to finish. Still, at least it saves us from an embarrassing beating in the next round and allows us to ‘concentrate’ on scraping fourth so we can all enjoy this particular merry-go-round next year.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That wasn't champers they were showering him with it was Urine. :wink:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:Every single Gooner moans about the "same old same old" groundhog seasons at modern day AFC, but how many would be willing to sacrifice 4th place and the fa cup this season in order to change things ? I know that it is a discussion we have had for years on here but that in itself bears out the repetitive life of a Gooner nowadays :roll: Some Gooners claim that losing out on 4th place and balls'ing up the fa cup wont change things and therefore we should want to win the cup, but I just see that is a cowards viewpoint - I firmly believe that le c.unt would have walked last summer had we not won the cup and I for one am willing to make sacrifices for the greater good even though I know that there is no guarantee that any changes would come on the back of these failures
Been saying this for years, the usual response from wenkerites is to be branded a heretic. I think failure to qfy for the clge would do him more harm than not winning the FA cup, but I am willing to sacrifice everything to bring about his departure.
Last seasons FA cup triumph brought me very little joy, even more so due to the fortuitous manner of the victory, I still wonder by how many we would have lost had Gibbs not cleared the header off the line at 2-0, I would hazard a guess at 5-1. And I think you are right he would have walked, because of the magnitude of the defeat by such shite opposition, which would have come on the back of countless similar performances in the league.
The praise that he received from all quarters after the cup win was fucking nauseating and watching the players lift him head high on the pitch made me wish for a "Morrow moment"

Dropping out of the top 4 and not winning the FA Cup will not change anything because he won it last year so has bought himself some time, the pressure on him was reset after that Hull game.

markyp

Post by markyp »

been saying this since I joined here in 2011 augie,the surprising thing is though that despite the massive anti Wenker feeling here there are still people who say theyd never want Arsenal to lose,well how the fuck are we gonna move forward when winning only keeps tosspot in a job. :banghead:

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
LDB wrote:People slagging off ozil after tonight need to get a grip. He was one of our best players and was involved in more or less every good thing we did. It's no wonder English football has to suffer so many overrated players when a player like him is targeted for criticism.

Fucking sell him and use the money to buy James Milner :roll:
I agree with you..Sanchez was our worst player, and i am not having a go at him...
I'm cracking up at some of the reactions to Ozil in here and on twitter. It feels like I was watching another game. He was one of the best players on the pitch :lol:

Sanchez has hit a wall and has been poor for a few games now, but his earlier performances lead to him being excused. I thought he should have been subbed instead to Welbeck.

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

At half time I looked up at the score board and saw Monaco had 0 shots on target. It didn't feel like they had more than 2 in the whole match. conceded 3 in the first leg to THEM was the colossal fuck up. There's no point in picking about the second leg. Another 'honorable' defeat.

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Delighted we won
Glad we're out
Hate the competition with a passion
Have to settle for The Double........

:lol:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Augie I am completely with you. The funny thing is, reading Wenker's comments today about how Arsenal "could be better off" in the Europa League was disgraceful. He is effectively saying that the CL is too hard for him - only taken the mug 17 years of failure to wise up. :roll:
I would like to see us drop out the top 4 for numerous reasons but mainly, just to expose what a fraudulent overpaid manager Wenger is. Truly, I believe that Arsenal with the current squad, would not get beyond the semis of the Europa League either. You need tactics beyond the quarters and I see teams like Roma, Fiorentina, Villareal and Valencia easily able to take Arsenal over 2 legs. :shock:
I used to think that an FA Cup final defeat would have seen the back of him but - incredibly - he came out a few months ago and said that he would have signed a new contract even if he'd lost the cup final! If that isn't the final sign of a man with absolutely zero dignity, self-respect or humility then Christ knows what is? To be fair, he stayed on after the 8-2 when almost any other man would have walked. He wasn't ashamed by 4-4 Newcastle. He has failed like a gimp for 17 years in the CL and stays on regardless - most would have walked after 3 years of consistent last 16 elimination.
He has no humility whatsoever. No respect for him as a manager at all, he doesn't care about the fans and the good of the club or he'd get the fuck out. It's about his tippy-tappy jizz-dream that never comes true.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Next up Wenger will tell us Arsenal might be better off in the Championship than in the Premier League because it's easier to win.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

If we dropped down to the Europa he wouldn't try and win it anyway and see it as beneath him and spout off about getting back into the top 4 at the first attempt.

Some perspective of the situation needs to come in though to stop you going mental, City's failure to catch Chelsea has given Wenger another get out of jail card, it's massively possible that we finish 2nd and win the FA Cup again, the club would be over the moon about that and no one would see that as failure, that's the harsh reality of it.