An open letter to all Man Utd “fansâ€

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

An open letter to all Man Utd “fansâ€

Post by gooner.ed »

Usual thread starter… In February 2004, I watched the Chelsea v Arsenal match (2-1, Chelsea went ahead, Vieira and Edu scored for Arsenal) in a bar in Gran Canaria. Simultaneously, Leeds were playing Man Utd on a another telly in the same bar. I was on my tod (can’t count the missus and kiddie as back-up and they disappeared after a few minutes to go shopping) and there were three mouthy Man Utd fans who gave it a bit when Chelsea went ahead. By the time of the two games ending, United had lost and Arsenal had won. As the family had returned by that point I declined from entering some banter for fear of industrial language, but on my exit, their lack of willingness to make eye contact was a fine, fine moment. Before we came back to Blighty, I watched the first leg of the CL knockout game v Celta Vigo (Edu, 3-2). I should go away more often!

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

He should have kept it as brief as I do in such situations.

'Nice ground is Old Trafford, have you been there yet?'

midlothian1999

An open letter...

Post by midlothian1999 »

Oh my god. I'm a Manchester United fan and fortunately a lot more knowledgeable about football than yourself - it's not a big achievement of course, considering you know **** all about it.

First, let me point out a simple fact: on the day you defeated Chelsea, we did not play at Leeds but played them at Old Trafford and did not lose but drew the game.

Then go on to you suggestion in the article. Listing the 20-year-old Rossi in Fergie's bad buys is hilarious but it is dwarfed by the inclusion of Carrick who, let me remind you, was instrumental in our TITLE SUCCESS this season while you won **** all... again.

You’ve never won the league unbeaten (even after Fergie, Giggs and Spiv Neville hilariously predicted you would a few years back) – we have; 2004.
You’ve never gone a whole season unbeaten – we have; 2004.

This is the best part. You've won the league unbeaten, that's true. But what is this "going the whole season unbeaten" thing? Arsenal-Inter Milan 0-3, Arsenal-Manchester United 0-1 - these happened during the 2003/04 season, in the Champions League and in the FA Cup.

And now a few facts to tell you about United and Arsenal.

You've never won the European Cup (despite fluking your way to a final).
You've never won the Treble (despite Wenger hilariously suggesting the possibility of it in 2003 and 2004).
We've won more league titles, more FA Cups and more European Cups than you.
We have a bigger stadium.
W have more fans worldwide and more fans in England than you'll ever have.
We hold the record of the most goals scored in a Premiership season (97)
We hold the record of biggest goal difference in a Premiership season (+57, joint with Chelsea)
You never won back-to-back Premiership titles.
The two teams' head-to-head record: we hold the upper hand, as you might know.
Your "election" to the first division was in fact a fraud.
We never sold our captain to a bigger club because he felt he would win **** all if stayed.

As for our Treble season steeped in luck: your unbeaten run hinged on 2 inches... remember Van Nistelrooy's penalty? THAT was luck. It wasn't saved, like Bergkamp's in 1999 but missed by INCHES...

And let me add that our signing come from Porto, Sporting and Bayern Munich so far whereas your saviour is from Dinamo Zagreb. End of story.

midlothian1999

Post by midlothian1999 »

And just another thing: we won the title at your ground in 2001, 2003 and 2007: maybe we did not play there on those days but your results sealed our championship.

And this "we never won the league on your ground" thing is stupid in an other way, too: did we ever have the chance? In 2003, our game was too early for that. We never played you at the end of April or in May in the seasons when we won the league so we were denied the chance of wrapping it up at the old shithole or at Cashburden Grove.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

So is Midlothian a part of Manchester that's within walking distance of Old Trafford?

midlothian1999

Post by midlothian1999 »

Cus Geezer wrote:So is Midlothian a part of Manchester that's within walking distance of Old Trafford?
Don't live there just loved the place and it's a good name.

But hey, I discovered another thing. Phil Neville is listed among the bad buys. I will speak SLOWLY AND LOUDLY so even you will understand it: he is a product of OUR YOUTH ACADEMY. OK, it must be strange for you, a home-grown English player having a good career at the club but try to embrace the reality: he's not a SIGNING, by any means.

A few more gooner misfits from recent years: Shaaban, Aliadiere, Senderos, Baptista, Reyes, Flamini... and the list could go on.

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

midlothian1999

So are you happy at the amount of money man utd pay for players £30mil for rio :lol:
Rooney's another one, also what was it £17mil for Carrick and over £30mil for two teenagers

1 premiership 1 carling cup since 2005

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The very fact that this retarded gibbon is posting on here proves she is a ManUre fan (well, the modern brain dead, band wagon-jumping version anyway). Not sure where her stadium is or even where her club's fan sites are, the poor pet. I say "her" because her posts could only be written by a (possibly) teenaged girl with no knowledge of football.

I also think that if the poor little gimpette had half a brain she'd have noticed that article and the thread starter were written by two different people.

Now, little one, ask your daddy if he can maybe bring you to old shatford some day, huh? You know those footballers wear shorts don't you? There's a good girl.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Don't live there just loved the place and it's a good name.

But hey, I discovered another thing. Phil Neville is listed among the bad buys. I will speak SLOWLY AND LOUDLY so even you will understand it: he is a product of OUR YOUTH ACADEMY. OK, it must be strange for you, a home-grown English player having a good career at the club but try to embrace the reality: he's not a SIGNING, by any means.
Where do you live then?

Basildon? Harlow? Stevenage? Croydon? Welwyn Garden City?

We've also had some successful sides based around the youth set up

Like the Cup winning side of '79 (ha ha ha!!!)

Or the side that won titles in '71, '89 and '91 (note there is no 26 year gap between them).

You probably weren't aware of this as Sky only covered top flight football in 1992.

Yevghenny

Post by Yevghenny »

all these records aside, you gooners are nowhere to be seen. Make the most of that list of 'honours' cos you won't be adding to them any time soon

I forgot what a shower of twats you gooners are, it's been so long since you were competitive

Yevghenny

Post by Yevghenny »

all these records aside, you gooners are nowhere to be seen. Make the most of that list of 'honours' cos you won't be adding to them any time soon

I forgot what a shower of twats you gooners are, it's been so long since you were competitive

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

midlothian1999 wrote:But hey, I discovered another thing. Phil Neville is listed among the bad buys. I will speak SLOWLY AND LOUDLY so even you will understand it: he is a product of OUR YOUTH ACADEMY. OK, it must be strange for you, a home-grown English player having a good career at the club but try to embrace the reality: he's not a SIGNING, by any means.

A few more gooner misfits from recent years: Shaaban, Aliadiere, Senderos, Baptista, Reyes, Flamini... and the list could go on.
Slack jaw is listed there rightly because of a little thing in the English language called "insinuation by relationship" you numpty. The author is infering that Slack jaw was a waste of money because of the wages he received during his spell at old shatford when taggart should have released him years before he did.

And if YOU READ THE ARTICLE SLOWLY you will note that the author was emphasising the comparative AMOUNTS of money wasted by Wenger and taggart and even a silly little girl like you should be able to see that taggart p*ssed away a hell of a lot more than Wenger has.

I'm sorry for all the big words, honey. This might help;

Ugg! Me hate Fergie. Him wasty money, Ugg! Where is manchester? Ugg...

Hmmm.... speaking your "language" leaves quite the bad taste in one's mouth.

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

managed to turn you over twice last season tho :lol:

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

I'd also like to add amongst Fergie's flops - An over the hill Viv Anderson in 1987, thanks for the dosh guys!

And Ralph Milne too.

But again pre-1992 so wasted on you guys.

Note how neither George Graham or Arsene Wenger never took 7 years to win the title!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yevghenny wrote:all these records aside, you gooners are nowhere to be seen. Make the most of that list of 'honours' cos you won't be adding to them any time soon

ANOTHER ONE!! :!: :!: :shock: That must be all the manure fans that can use a PC on here now!! :lol: :wink:

One last time; THIS IS AN ARSENAL FAN SITE. FIND A MANURE WEBSITE.

I know you are a bunch of bandwagon jumping, fairweather, armchair "fans" and you all supported Liverpool in the 70's and 80's before you suddenly became "lifelong ManUre fans" in the mid 90's, but we don't want you... :roll: