FA Cup Semi Final v Reading

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
armchair

Re: FA Cup Semi Final v Reading

Post by armchair »

Winning and getting to the final is the only thing that counts.

Having said that playing Debouchey and Gibbs in this match was just plain stupid. I understand that Wenger had one eye on the Prem with a possibility of Man U getting a result against Chelsea then us to play them but my God we won this match despite Wenger not because of him. Thought the atmosphere was poor also.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

armchair wrote:Winning and getting to the final is the only thing that counts.

Having said that playing Debouchey and Gibbs in this match was just plain stupid. I understand that Wenger had one eye on the Prem with a possibility of Man U getting a result against Chelsea then us to play them but my God we won this match despite Wenger not because of him. Thought the atmosphere was poor also.
Funny, but I thought the atmosphere was surprisingly good yesterday. We were at the back of block 131, and the singing was better than anything I've heard at the Grove this season.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Was at to back of 132 and it was ok to be honest atmosphere wise. But the whole ground seemed quiet like last years semi. The final will be different im sure of it.

The game was *****, was so underwhelming at the start. Poor team selection as per usual from Wenger.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Probably a bit premature I know but Im pissing myself laughing at the sad scouse faces in the other semi.
Villa 2-1 Victims
#TheGerrardFinal :lol:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

If Villa do it i will be happy. Though some will go on about Sherwood. But i am sick of Gerrard and the whole bin dipper love fest. Villa will give us a good game. Decent outfit.

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

wilko49er wrote:If Villa do it i will be happy. Though some will go on about Sherwood. But i am sick of Gerrard and the whole bin dipper love fest. Villa will give us a good game. Decent outfit.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Last edited by Henry is a Gooner on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Villa!!!

Bye bye Stevie G! :barscarf: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck you Gerrard, you wanker. :D :D :D What are you up to on your birthday? I'm off to the Cup Final. Well done, Aston Villa. See you in a few weeks.

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

I assume it is somebody else's fault that they didn't reach the final?

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

g60gooner wrote:I assume it is somebody else's fault that they didn't reach the final?
I think I've just witnessed a victimless crime

Well done to the Villa & "Tara Stevie Gee" :barscarf: :barscarf:

armchair

Post by armchair »

g60gooner wrote:I assume it is somebody else's fault that they didn't reach the final?
Minutes silence anyone? Justice for the Stevie G...? :rubchin:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

armchair wrote:
Minutes silence anyone? Justice for the Stevie G...? :rubchin:
From what I've heard, it's all down to a conspiracy against them. Probably Magratet Thatcher, The Sun newspaper, South Yorkshire police, Brussels police, supporters from other teams and the fact that they shouldn't have been playing on this day anyway or some other utter bollocks they usually come up with.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Ya think Sherwood was taking the piss bringing on Joe Cole? I didnt think he was still alive........

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

REB wrote:we won and in the cup final, thats all that matters :barscarf:

Indeed en route to the double in 98 didn't we need penalties to overcome Port Vale ?

Wenker is a very fortunate manager, he got away with shit selection / tactics / not outplaying the opposition again, but who gives a fuck we are there - lets go and win it for a record breaking 12th time ( I feel a Gooner cup win calendar coming on !!)

Oh and to commiserate with Stevie G I'm all for singing "Happy Birthday to you" on cup final day :barscarf:

Or "Are you watching Stevie G" :barscarf:

Or "Cheer up Stevie G, oh what can it mean, to be a thick scouse bastard in a shit football team"

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fancied Villa to give them a game and possibly get a result but didn't imagine they'd be such good value for the win.

Liverpool were appalling, even after finding themselves fortunately 1-0 up they were cack.

Villa will be full of confidence but would much rather be playing them than Liverpool.

Fucking brilliant. To top it all Gerrard was shit. Clearly not fit (or effective) enough to play 90 minutes - and why only bring on a striker in Lambert in stoppage time?