THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Nos89 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:That press conference in all its glory. What a classless sniping cretin Le Tool is.
Jesus.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... conference
I don't think the pressure is getting to him at all. Fergie pulled the same tricks. Last season Ospina kept something like 12 clean sheets in 15 games, so is there really an issue there? Not really.

The only point I take issue with is that he does not believe he is accountable to the fans. Didn't Gazides proclaim in 2013 that wenger is accountable to the fans, and by being accountable for the team's results therein lies an accountability to the support?

Like in all businesses, the fans are customers and demand value for money, as the manager of the team, he has the accountability to the clubs customer's for providing the best possible experience. It's a standard business model that anyone with an economics degree should understand.

Simply mentioning mourinho's name turned that conference. Though I have to admit the journo's line of questioning is quite simple and boring. Hardly much thought went into the line of questioning, piss poor journalism if you ask me.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

He doesn't believe he is accountable to the fans because he ISN'T. He always thinks he is the smartest guy in any room so he treats anyone who questions him with complete disdain. Starting to loathe the man, he is a cancer at the club.
Anyway he'll be able to get a really good look at Martial on Sunday and the best part is it won't cost him a penny. Almost wish the kid bags a hat trick.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Have to say, lads - this growing hysteria over what he says to the media is starting to sound just a tad precious. Don't get me wrong, I agree he talks bollocks, often arrogant bollocks, but name one manager that doesn't? His media shite talk is standard for the job. It really doesn't offend me or upset me that much tbh... certainly nowhere near as much as his mismanagement does.

The difference is that ferguscum was always known as a contrary b*stard and never tried to disguise it, but old le cock tries to be this friendly, jovial and approachable manager, but as soon as he is hit with a few questions that he doesn't like he throws the fcuking dummy from the pram :roll: The fact that he hasn't done it often makes the reasons for his outburst receive a lot more focus and might make people ask those same questions themselves - when ferguscum threw his tantrums everybody shrugged it off as a "he's at it again" moment, but when wenker does it people look at the questions with heightened interest/awareness because it is him. If nothing else, his outburst will make him look like the childish pric that he is 8)

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Note he rather milked the Cech Ospina stuff :banghead: :banghead:

#smokescreenforanothercrapselectionandnotacticsarsene

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:He doesn't believe he is accountable to the fans because he ISN'T. He always thinks he is the smartest guy in any room so he treats anyone who questions him with complete disdain. Starting to loathe the man, he is a cancer at the club.
Anyway he'll be able to get a really good look at Martial on Sunday and the best part is it won't cost him a penny. Almost wish the kid bags a hat trick.
to be fair to Wenger why should he be accountable to the fans?

after all there will be another 60,000 all coming to watch his team play on Sunday.
in fact thousands are so happy with the situation they are quite willing to pay £1500 a year in advance so that he can get paid his £8 million to do fuck all

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Well there's light at the end of the tunnel! Arsene confirmed in his Press Conference that he'll learn from Tuesday's defeat. So that's good. In the same way he learned from the car crashes against Anderlecht and Monaco last season. In the same way he learned from the car crashes away to City, Liverpool and Chelsea the year before. I could obviously keep going.

He treats us with such contempt he thinks we only criticise because of what we read in the papers. We obviously lack the intelligence to make our own judgements and we are all clearly so beneath him to actually have any knowledge of the game ourselves.

It won't change until a large portion of the 60,000 (or a portion big enough to be heard) start chanting "We want Wenger Out, We want Wenger Out" or something similar straight from the kick-off, not once we've messed up the game up and any booing is just dismissed as knee jerk disappointment. This is where I get criticised by some for saying we should support the team while a game is in play. I will support the players as I pity them being under his leadership, but I will absolute slate and lambast the fucking inept imbecile who is destroying OUR football club, MY football club. That's right Arsene, it isn't YOUR fucking club!!!!

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:He doesn't believe he is accountable to the fans because he ISN'T. He always thinks he is the smartest guy in any room so he treats anyone who questions him with complete disdain. Starting to loathe the man, he is a cancer at the club.
to be fair to Wenger why should he be accountable to the fans?
after all there will be another 60,000 all coming to watch his team play on Sunday.
in fact thousands are so happy with the situation they are quite willing to pay £1500 a year in advance so that he can get paid his £8 million to do fuck all

Cos we are paying the cnuts wages - ok the tv deals contribute the biggest % of club revenue, but 60k people paying expensive ticket prices is no small amount of cash either. If even a quarter of the stadium is empty on matchdays, it will be seized upon by every media outlet and used as proof of dissatisfaction amongst the fanbase, and no club wants that
People underestimate the importance of fans - a club in turmoil is not appealing to potential signings or potential sponsors, and a club as pr conscious as AFC will be well aware of that fact

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Isn't it 3 million quid earned per home game? So after the first 3 home games of the season Le Gimp's annual salary is taken care of. Serious money is earned from match day revenue which he'd do well to realise is contributing to making him a multi millionaire has been prick :banghead:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Double
:cussing:
Last edited by Top Londoner on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

STOP OR I LEAVE' - THE CONVERSATION THAT ANGERED ARSENE WENGER 

Sky Sports News reporter Andy Burton began by asking Wenger about his decision to select David Ospina ahead of Petr Cech for Wednesday’s clash with Olympiacos.

WENGER: All that’s been said in the press conference. I don’t change a word of what I said. Looking at Ospina and Petr Cech I think I have two world-class goalkeepers and it’s the easiest choice I have to make because I can pick any of the two and I am very comfortable.

It’s the most difficult as well because both are two world-class players and always you have to leave one out.

REPORTER: But you said we ignored things, what did we ignore?

W: Like I don’t know anything that you do in your job. You make decisions and you have more information than I have and it’s exactly the same in my job.

R: That’s not ignoring stuff though is, it? If we don’t have the information we can’t ignore it.

W: You come to the game and assess: was I right or wrong. I never criticise that. I accept your judgment of how the team played and your assessment. But I don’t have to give you all the information regarding my decisions.

R: That’s fair enough. Do you accept that when you look at your squad in the summer and you think we only need to strengthen in one area which is the goalkeeper and when it comes to a competition in the Champions League that you want to improve upon, when you don’t use the guy you think improves your side in that the fans will be frustrated and angry, do you understand that?

W: No. Not at all.

R: Why?

W: I make the decision I think is right on the day.

R: You said after the game you aren’t accountable to people for your selection. Do you think you should be accountable? Is it healthy that you are not?

W: I am accountable on the results of my team and the way they play football.

Do you think you should be more accountable to fans on selection issues. Or you don’t see that as a valid argument?

W: I just gave you the answer.

R: If you’re not accountable in that way, does that not make Jose Mourinho right when he says that there’s only manager who’s not under pressure?

W: Look. Stop that story or we stop the press conference.

Fuckingubercunt. :cussing:

WENGER OUT

please stop calling him a cancer in the club

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Nos89 wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:That press conference in all its glory. What a classless sniping cretin Le Tool is.
Jesus.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... conference
I don't think the pressure is getting to him at all. Fergie pulled the same tricks. Last season Ospina kept something like 12 clean sheets in 15 games, so is there really an issue there? Not really.

The only point I take issue with is that he does not believe he is accountable to the fans. Didn't Gazides proclaim in 2013 that wenger is accountable to the fans, and by being accountable for the team's results therein lies an accountability to the support?

Like in all businesses, the fans are customers and demand value for money, as the manager of the team, he has the accountability to the clubs customer's for providing the best possible experience. It's a standard business model that anyone with an economics degree should understand.

Simply mentioning mourinho's name turned that conference. Though I have to admit the journo's line of questioning is quite simple and boring. Hardly much thought went into the line of questioning, piss poor journalism if you ask me.
With all due respect where do I even begin to pick apart this rabble?
Ok I'll start with your economics bit. You claim Wenger is performing a basic economic function in delivering to Kroenke - on this point you may be correct but this ignores that in the very same disastrous presser, Wenger showed zero grasp of how Smithsonian economics works by claiming Martial was not for sale, when anyone with a remote understanding of a demand economy would never say anything so fucking dumb!

You then refer to him providing "value". If a wage bill on a par almost with Chelski, at over £200m with abject PL and CL humiliation to show for it - and a sparse FA Cup is "value" then...then....

You then bizarrely mention Ospina's clean sheets record from last year. So what? Watch football with your eyes. Ospina is mediocre. Off the top of my head he's responsible for throwing the ball in his own net at home to Swansea, a calamity goal at QPR, rushing around on Safari at Palace (Murray hit post when he shoulda scored) and crucially, when called upon the other night he committed an error you'll never ever see Courtois, Cech, or even Tim Krul commit ie catching a simple ball and taking it back into the goal with you.

Sorry this is utter nonsense.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Nos89 wrote:

Bullshit

The season before last Szczesny won the Golden Glove along with Cech for the most clean sheets.Anyone think Sczcesny is a good keeper?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34422330

It's like a spolit brat who says we play the game my way or I'm taking my ball home....

Wenger is a Disgrace.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:I love to see the b*stard squirm when he is put under pressure in press conferences :lol: :barscarf:
Agreed

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Have to say, lads - this growing hysteria over what he says to the media is starting to sound just a tad precious. Don't get me wrong, I agree he talks bollocks, often arrogant bollocks, but name one manager that doesn't? His media shite talk is standard for the job. It really doesn't offend me or upset me that much tbh... certainly nowhere near as much as his mismanagement does.
Generally it's true that the press conferences of every manager amounts to nothing, but I find it interesting on the occasions Wenger Loses it. On the point of every manager talking bollocks, well I can guarantee that the other 19 managers when asked about the fans would give some PC bullshit answer, but in Wenger's mind the fans are beneath him so he doesn't feel the need to explain himself to them. The most ridiculous part of the press conference was when Wenger talked about how he is not qualified to criticise journalists as he is not one and in turn they are not in a position to criticise him, and then he proceeds to criticise them. Wenger is the Donald Trump of football management, an asshole surrounded by yes men, and always happy to give his criticism on things, but unable to take it in return.