THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Gunner Rob »

congratulations to Arsene Wenger for making the 10 man shortlist for FIFA world coach of the Year.

nice to see that his achievement of keeping Arsenal in the running for the famous Premier League Calendar Year trophy have been recognised, as well as managing to lose our last 3 Champions League fixtures to Monaco, Zagreb and Olympiakos.
All this whilst being manager of the only team in Europe to be able to not sign a single outfield player during the summer transfer window. :barscarf:

Blade

Post by Blade »

[quote="Blade"][imgImage][/img]

Which professional fitness/trainer will advice a professional athlete to carry weights in this manner?

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Blade wrote:
Blade wrote:[imgImage][/img]

Which professional fitness/trainer will advice a professional athlete to carry weights in this manner?
This movement is called an Upright Row, but yeah he's lifting the bar far too high.... surprised he hasn't snapped his shoulders as well as his glass ankles. Pussy weights for a guy of his size too.

I don't blame Diaby because if some old duffer was offering me 60k a week to do fuck-all, you can believe I'd bite his arm off. The blame lies entirely at Wenger's door for fostering and even encouraging a culture which rewards failure.

Blade

Post by Blade »

If upright row the fore-arms should be parallel with the bar and never lift weights above shoulders.

And: http://athleanx.com/best-workout-progra ... r-exercise

Experts say never do this set.

That could explain his 1635 injury days in 6 years.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Blade wrote:
Blade wrote:[imgImage][/img]

I think you're mis-interpreting the photo, it's not Diaby lifting them it's the player stood right behind him...and he's saying come on Abou give em a go they're only made of cardboard.... :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I see Mourinho has called the ref "weak and naive" tonight against Kiev... his weird obsession with Wenger continues :lol: I would laugh so hard if UEFA fine him :coffeespit:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:congratulations to Arsene Wenger for making the 10 man shortlist for FIFA world coach of the Year.

nice to see that his achievement of keeping Arsenal in the running for the famous Premier League Calendar Year trophy have been recognised, as well as managing to lose our last 3 Champions League fixtures to Monaco, Zagreb and Olympiakos.
All this whilst being manager of the only team in Europe to be able to not sign a single outfield player during the summer transfer window. :barscarf:
Bet he comes 4th...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh the irony of Maureen calling Wenger a voyeur a few years back when all he ever does now is comment on Wenger/Arsenal. The man is obsessed and I'm taking great delight in watching it all unravel around his fat fuking head. Crash and burn Jose, crash and burn :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:I see Mourinho has called the ref "weak and naive" tonight against Kiev... his weird obsession with Wenger continues :lol: I would laugh so hard if UEFA fine him :coffeespit:
If Mourinho's head exploded sat some point, I wouldn't be surprised.

:barscarf: :D :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I've always criticised the media for their passive approach when it comes to Wenger, but with Mourinho they are far worse. They never question him properly on anything and love to print every idiotic comment he comes out with. The fact that they burst out laughing at Mourinho calling Another PL manager a failure says it all about them really.

markmark64

Post by markmark64 »

good lord another trophy for the AW collection,the akbs will be wetting themselves

https://instagram.com/p/9GXIwcLyXp/

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

markmark64 wrote:good lord another trophy for the AW collection,the akbs will be wetting themselves

https://instagram.com/p/9GXIwcLyXp/
only in one off games though - it is not as if last night was to knock Bayern Munich out of the Champions League.
Barcelona too - they beat us over the two legs

Blade

Post by Blade »

So Mr Wenger how you going to keep Bellerin as the club?. [When Barca come sniffing again]

Lets see you earn your 8mil.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
g88ner wrote:I see Mourinho has called the ref "weak and naive" tonight against Kiev... his weird obsession with Wenger continues :lol: I would laugh so hard if UEFA fine him :coffeespit:
If Mourinho's head exploded sat some point, I wouldn't be surprised.

:? :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :idea:

What? kinda like this !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
If Mourinho's head exploded sat some point, nothing but shit would come flying out.

^^This. 8)