Bournemouth at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Bournemouth at home

Post by robbo10 »

nut flush gooner wrote:Manure play Chelski and Leicester play Man City. I will take a draw in both those games but we HAVE to win this game.

With all the fuck up's we've had in the last two months, we should have been 5 or 6 points clear of Leicester.

Edit. I will never come on this forum pissed again amazing how booze glosses over things !
Just how many "must win" games have they bottled in the last 10 years though?

And I'm sure even my hung-over ears heard "Theres Only One...." being chanted at 3-0 down when I had the guts to watch MOTD this morning :banghead: :banghead:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Bradywasking wrote:0-0 Jaded , handbrake, little short
THIS .we will be a bit shaky after Southampton with our confidence shot to bits ,bunch of melts
Last edited by markyp on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Honestly don't give a fuck what last night proved is that if this team have a chance on the final day of the season then they will blow it ! And that imo would serve as justice done as neither they nor that *word censored* WENKER deserve it

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Against a south coast team lying in the bottom half of the table, which presses hard and breaks with pace.

What could go wrong?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

goonersid wrote:Honestly don't give a fuck what last night proved is that if this team have a chance on the final day of the season then they will blow it ! And that imo would serve as justice done as neither they nor that *word censored* WENKER deserve it
Exactly. As I said a few days ago if we had to win our last 3 games to finish fourth I'd put the house on it. If we had to win one of the last 3 to win the league we'd fucking bottle job it. Twice this season we've been bigged up as title favourites, before the opening game against West Ham and again during the week. The aggregate of those 2 games - 6 fucking nil defeat.

A spineless bunch of fucking pussies the mirror image of their spineless, gutless imposter of a cretinous bastard manager.

TURNIP OUT

markmark64

Post by markmark64 »

We need an early brace to settle the nerves otherwise it's another stinker.3 1 uta

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

GranadaJoe wrote:Against a south coast team lying in the bottom half of the table, which presses hard and breaks with pace.

What could go wrong?
Just what I was thinking. Hope we're both worrying about nothing. I think they will score at least one but how many can our fearsome 3 up front put away ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I have no faith in this bunch of losers :(

I'll be very happy with a win as I am certainly not expecting one :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

GranadaJoe wrote:Against a south coast team lying in the bottom half of the table, which presses hard and breaks with pace.

What could go wrong?
fazackerly !

Midz

Post by Midz »

Here we are on Monday still fuming over the Boxing Day debacle.
After claims of 'I don't care any more' and 'I'm not watching that bunch of losers again' and 'Until that dick of a manager goes we'll never win anything'.

I'm wondering what the best way to watch the game tonight will be as it's not on TV. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

You're all harping on like we're the only bottle jobs.

City bottle games. Liverpool bottle games. Tottenham are Tottenham.

Someone has to win the league. It's likely to be Man City but if Kompany can't stay fit then they will lose another few games themselves. I honestly think whoever wins this league title will only get about 70 points.

ts100uk

Post by ts100uk »

We all know this is a must win game and I expect us to take all 3 points.

Southampton was a disgraceful performance but I still can not believe the negativity in this forum from so many.

However, I do agree that it is unlikely that potential Champions lose 4-0 Away when they have the chance to go top.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Every now again we know this team will have a very bad game. Its time we accepted this and just move onto the next one. A win today puts us top of the league. A draw between Leicester/ City tomorrow sees us top at the turn of the year. Bournemouth wont be easy they are a well organised team, and unless the midfield show discipline they will carve through us with ease. I'd bring Gabriel in for BFG for this one. Give Flamini a rest and give Chambers a chance to sit in the DM role. We need to pull back our goal difference and city put 5 past this lot, so that should be our target.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

ts100uk wrote:We all know this is a must win game and I expect us to take all 3 points.

Southampton was a disgraceful performance but I still can not believe the negativity in this forum from so many.

However, I do agree that it is unlikely that potential Champions lose 4-0 Away when they have the chance to go top.
Maybe the negativity is because we have seen it time and time and time again - they are as likely to capitulate to a crap team who show some fight ( Stoke, wba, Bolton in the past) as they are to turn in the decent team performance.

For the manager to accept no responsibility whatsoever for poor performances and label them accidents or "handbrake" performances when that is precisely his job beggars belief.

To say whether we are behind by a point or top by a point makes no difference is arrogant (or foolhardy) in the extreme - the table at the end of the season can look very different with a point or 3 added on.
Last edited by StuartL on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

We should win but this team is no different than any of the past 10 seasons under Wenger. We may win this one, and the next 3, but we'll bottle it at some point so fuck it.