Burnley (H) | FA Cup R4 | Sat 30th Jan 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Burnley (H) | FA Cup R4 | Sat 30th Jan 3pm

Post by Sean »

I hope TOF doesn't bottle the FA Cup too and puts out the pubbers against Burnley.

Then again, the way our first team play these days, it may not make a difference.

The PL will be bottled. Our best chance is the FA Cup.

GoonerN5

Re: Burnley (H) | FA Cup R4 | Sat 30th Jan 3pm

Post by GoonerN5 »

Wouldn't be in the least bit suprised if Burnley won

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The chance of making modern history in the cup and another glorious May day is all that is keeping me going with our bunch of limpwrists.

I know that the minute we draw Chelsea (anywhere) or Stoke away our run ends so I hope for a nice passage to Wembley !

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

When will fans realise winning a cup no one takes seriously is keeping our clown of a manager in a job.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

donaldo71 wrote:When will fans realise winning a cup no one takes seriously is keeping our clown of a manager in a job.
1. It isn't - shit for brains went 9 years without winning anything and kept his job regardless. Its a fact he would have signed for 3 more years even if Hull had beaten us. Top 4 keeps him in the job because it lines that wig wearing c.unt's pockets and increases the value of his investment
2. Its about enjoying the cups as a fan and what it means to us - fuck the manager or the owner. Look back at history and remember your most enjoyable days as a supporter
3. Cobblers that nobody takes it seriously - a myth that was spread after Man Ure pulled out of it. Only dickhead clubs more interested in fighting a relegation battle or chasing promotion to the Prem take that snobbish view

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Routine win and a leetle beet of pressure on Wenger is relieved.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Unfortunately, there is fuck all we can do about TOF. He'll be here until the end of time, whether he wins anything or not. TOF is here to stay, so we might as well enjoy winning the only trophy we CAN win - If TOF doesn't throw the game. The later rounds 'clash' with TOF's beloved Be All and End All, so I do fear he'll chuck the FA Cup at some point. I would love to see us win the FA Cup three seasons in a row as that is the only fucking thing worth cheering about whilst this fraud remains at the club.

No doubt the game will be a pile of shite, but that's standard for Cashburton-era Arsenal, sadly.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We'll win this one and get knocked out by the next half decent team to come along.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

10 days or so to get Coquelin and Sanchez (and possibly Elneny and Rosicky) ready for Southampton and the title run in with a nice game vs. Burnley to give these guys much needed match fitness.

We've been bumbling along for ages now but we'll have to hit some seriously good form soon before it's too late, and for that to happen Sanchez and Coq will definitely be needed as they provide the drive and energy that this team is badly missing.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

g88ner wrote:10 days or so to get Coquelin and Sanchez (and possibly Elneny and Rosicky) ready for Southampton and the title run in with a nice game vs. Burnley to give these guys much needed match fitness.

We've been bumbling along for ages now but we'll have to hit some seriously good form soon before it's too late, and for that to happen Sanchez and Coq will definitely be needed as they provide the drive and energy that this team is badly missing.
By "Title run in" do you mean "Race for a top 4 finish"? :rubchin:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Sean wrote:I hope TOF doesn't bottle the FA Cup too and puts out the pubbers against Burnley.

Then again, the way our first team play these days, it may not make a difference.

The PL will be bottled. Our best chance is the FA Cup.
Seriously, after yesterday it's going to take most of the week for anybody to even muster up enough interest to care, if at all. The final straw might finally have been reached.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I wonder if the Egyptian Messi will be deemed acclimatised enough to play some part of this or will he have to continue his apprenticeship on the bench watching the hapless Flamini running around like a headless fucking chicken :roll:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I havent seen much of them lately so dont know if they're shite...i do know however that were shite.... and that the game will be a massive pile of stinky shite :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

COULD NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

donaldo71 wrote:When will fans realise winning a cup no one takes seriously is keeping our clown of a manager in a job.
We have fans who reference Wenger's 'achievements' in keeping us in the top four every season, and qualifying for the knockout stages of the CL after beating the likes of Olympiakos or Dinamo Zagreb. How long do you think they will dine out on our back to back FA cup wins . Wenger is leaving whenever he wants, not because of any failures, as he seems to be rewarded for them.