Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:38 pm
Never mind UEFA, the silence from the English press about the financial corruption has been deafening. It’s literally never mentioned again since the week the story broke.
Too many people are making millions/billions both directly and indirectly off the back of this league for anyone of note to scream cheats from the rooftops about what’s gone on.

UEFA twice and the FA once have now charged them with cheating, that’s just the only 2 bodies under who’s umbrella they play the sport by the way and yet nobody bats an eyelid about them hoovering up every trophy in sight since. Move along people nothing to see here, let’s all keep our noses in the money trough…ching ching!

Cheating in sports is absolutely devastating to the brand, just think Juve in Serie A, the Russian olympic doping scandal, Lance Armstrong in cycling and Ben Johnson in athletics. Nobody ever views those sports the same way again, instead everybody thinks the winner is pumped with more narcotics than were in my system at a weekend music festival circa 2010.

When people have zero faith that what they’re looking at is fair and nobody believes that the winners are legit then that’s the death knell for any sport - it’s toxic.

So do you think sky are going to highlight any concerns about what’s going on here when the premier league is literally the only thing preventing their company from collapsing in financial ruin? Unless all those people are subscribing to watch Homes Under The Hammer on Dave of a Tuesday afternoon?

If the global audience turns its eyes away from the product in their droves because they believe that the team winning it every year has fucked the rule book sideways and wiped their cum on the curtains on the way out then there is a cohort of people/businesses that will lose billions. And that just simply can’t/won’t be allowed to happen.

So join us next season for another boring procession where everybody already knows the winner before a single ball is even kicked……AND IT’S LIVE :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:40 pm
cameron326 wrote:
Never mind UEFA, the silence from the English press about the financial corruption has been deafening. It’s literally never mentioned again since the week the story broke.
Too many people are making millions/billions both directly and indirectly off the back of this league for anyone of note to scream cheats from the rooftops about what’s gone on.

UEFA twice and the FA once have now charged them with cheating, that’s just the only 2 bodies under who’s umbrella they play the sport by the way and yet nobody bats an eyelid about them hoovering up every trophy in sight since. Move along people nothing to see here, let’s all keep our noses in the money trough…ching ching!

Cheating in sports is absolutely devastating to the brand, just think Juve in Serie A, the Russian olympic doping scandal, Lance Armstrong in cycling and Ben Johnson in athletics. Nobody ever views those sports the same way again, instead everybody thinks the winner is pumped with more narcotics than were in my system at a weekend music festival circa 2010.

When people have zero faith that what they’re looking at is fair and nobody believes that the winners are legit then that’s the death knell for any sport - it’s toxic.

So do you think sky are going to highlight any concerns about what’s going on here when the premier league is literally the only thing preventing their company from collapsing in financial ruin? Unless all those people are subscribing to watch Homes Under The Hammer on Dave of a Tuesday afternoon?

If the global audience turns its eyes away from the product in their droves because they believe that the team winning it every year has fucked the rule book sideways and wiped their cum on the curtains on the way out then there is a cohort of people/businesses that will lose billions. And that just simply can’t/won’t be allowed to happen.

So join us next season for another boring procession where everybody already knows the winner before a single ball is even kicked……AND IT’S LIVE :barscarf:
Exactly right. Another season I've already completely pulled away from. I'm at a festival on Saturday evening, so won't be watching our game, then thank f.cuk there's one week left before the season ends and the wanky transfer window opens. Who spends the most might finish....err second

Zzzzz.....zzzzzz......zzzzzzs

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I don't give a fuck what trophies citeh buy - there's no credibility in it, there's none of the romance and tradition of proper football about them buying trophies. They are a plastic club now attracting plastic fans. :censored:

However I still hate manure and all the cùnts that played for them like Spiv Ratface Neville, his retarded brother Slackjaw, Druggie Piglips, Judas VanRapey, Longface Van Nistledive, the Ladyboy fake ronaldo, the drunken Taggart cûnt that managed them, their uber-plastic fans.... just still hate the cùnts.

Citeh buying a treble makes a mockery of modern football and will devalue manure's treble and sicken the cùnts so fuck it yeah roll on the plastic Arab plaything.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:40 pm
cameron326 wrote:

Absolutely. Absolutely fucking spot on. Man City doing all of that over the last 15 years and the chavs doing it and trafficking children and funded through ethnic cleansing and war crimes and Sky Sports claiming its "All good for the league." Fucking hell.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Much as everyone was up in arms about the European Super League, I wish every pimped up club would hurry up and fuck off and join it. No rules. Just who spends the most wins. Play each other 4 times a season and go bore the fuck out of everyone

Leave the rest of the teams to play a PL where there are genuine FFP rules that everyone signs up too and abides by. If you don't want too, then apply for the ESL

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Perry Martin Tyler spunked his undies last Sunday going on about how incredible city’s squad depth is, how their back up 11 would finish top 4 if they could enter a second team into the league and marvelled at the sheer wonderment of it all. However do they do it he mused, Pep’s a fucking genius.

City claim that much of their huge revenue is generated by their global fan base, a fan base that regularly can’t sell out its home ground for games despite the club enjoying the greatest period of success in their “history”.

Their end at Wembley for the FA cup semi final a few weeks back was half empty yet it’s their global fan base that helps finance the 900 grand a week they’re giving to Haaland :coffeespit:
Last edited by rodders999 on Wed May 17, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:47 pm
You think this is bad…..imagine what they’ll do to the inter pubbers :shock:
It'll be an anal mauling mate :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:00 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:47 pm
You think this is bad…..imagine what they’ll do to the inter pubbers :shock:
It'll be an anal mauling mate :cry:
I certainly won't be watching. Luton v Coventry the only game that will get me back watching this season. The passion of these play offs for fans and players is unreal

Let the pimped up fuckers win 5-0 for all I care anymore. Football slowly eating itself and eroding anything that's good

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:50 pm
Much as everyone was up in arms about the European Super League, I wish every pimped up club would hurry up and fuck off and join it. No rules. Just who spends the most wins. Play each other 4 times a season and go bore the fuck out of everyone

Leave the rest of the teams to play a PL where there are genuine FFP rules that everyone signs up too and abides by. If you don't want too, then apply for the ESL
Exactly let them all fuck off and give the rest of us the game back, the our sheikh’s richer than yours super league…GO GET FUCKED. A bit like having a drug olympics that somebody proposed a few years back. Everyone at the start line pumped up to the eyeballs with performance enhancers, syringes hanging out the tip of their cocks causing some athletes to spontaneously combust as they approach the finishing line.

Pure as the driven snow that :barscarf:

I’m all for it :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I don’t quite understand how Guardiola is considered a “good” or even “great” manager. Some are calling him the - and I hate the acronym - GOAT (greatest of all time) manager. I think that is fundamentally insulting to football, to be honest with you. Give me that Barcelona side he had and I’d win the same. Give me that Bayern squad and I’d win the Bundesliga, and give me a carte blanche with a Premier League team and I’d build a dominating side within 2 years.

The man has never built a single squad on a budget in his entire career. I don’t believe his tactics are anything more than what one would expect from most professional managers, behind the fact he can buy who he wants. Say what you will about Mourinho (and trust me, I have plenty to say about that *word censored*) but at least he cut his teeth, and earned his stripes, with a Porto side that over achieved beyond means.

Guardiola is the most overrated manager in football, and has never truly achieved more than the means of the super starts he inherited, or bought, have allowed.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:16 pm
I don’t quite understand how Guardiola is considered a “good” or even “great” manager. Some are calling him the - and I hate the acronym - GOAT (greatest of all time) manager. I think that is fundamentally insulting to football, to be honest with you. Give me that Barcelona side he had and I’d win the same. Give me that Bayern squad and I’d win the Bundesliga, and give me a carte blanche with a Premier League team and I’d build a dominating side within 2 years.

The man has never built a single squad on a budget in his entire career. I don’t believe his tactics are anything more than what one would expect from most professional managers, behind the fact he can buy who he wants. Say what you will about Mourinho (and trust me, I have plenty to say about that *word censored*) but at least he cut his teeth, and earned his stripes, with a Porto side that over achieved beyond means.

Guardiola is the most overrated manager in football, and has never truly achieved more than the means of the super starts he inherited, or bought, have allowed.

Man City’s 5 seasons before he joined: 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 4th. About the best you can say for him is he’s good at making serial winners even more successful - domestically at least. He’s clearly very good at managing elite sides. Whether that makes him the one of the best ever or even one of the best of his generation is basically subjective on what matters to any indivudal fan - is it turning an 9 out of 10 team into a 10/10 or is it say getting a team silverware or promotion against the odds or getting a team to avoid relegation against the odds etc. IMO Guardiola is a great manager (at what he does - managing elite players) but calling him the best ever or even one of the top 10 ever is a nonsense.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

That said I’d love him to come and manage Arsenal - but we all know he wouldn’t manage any other English side aside from perhaps Man Utd (if massive investment is forthcoming) because he’d almost certainly fail to land significant silverware - thus revealing himself as a one trick pony. He’d avoid international management for similar reasons. Hard to see where he goes next - PSG I suppose.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

But I’d still take him at Arsenal on the off chance I’m wrong, and he certainly wouldn’t be a downgrade on Arteta!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Pep the GOAT - winner of the Champions League with err...one club

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:40 pm
But I’d still take him at Arsenal on the off chance I’m wrong, and he certainly wouldn’t be a downgrade on Arteta!
You're not wrong, he needs money, lots and lots and lots of it to be successful. Much more than we're prepared to spend.

Next up for Pep.......Newcastle :wink: