Bolton in the Shit Cup - Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

We have to give Park a run of games , guy looks far superior than Cham

Also AA23 Looks so much better in a central role.

Wake up Wenger

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Park will play now, he said so last night.

He shoots, I like him.

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Park will play now, he said so last night.

He shoots, I like him.
he offers more than the Iraqi. He shoots and he looks like he has a good work rate.

Hope he gets a chance and i also hope AA23 Gets his chance in the middle

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Yeah, he was still Arshavin as in not everything came off but at least he looked like he could influence the game and won us the game in reality.

With Cesc gone we need someone like that to step up, hopefully Wenger will give him more chances there, its like VDV at Spurs, play him where you get the best out of him, you know what you are getting and what you're not.

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

AA23 is a lazy kind of player, he shouldnt be a wide man.

He is also THE ONLY player that can anything close to Cesc in picking out a pass and creating chances.

Just wish Wenger would see this as he is wasted on the wing.

here is hopeing that AA23 starts on Saturday. As you said he won us the game.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

SurreyGooner wrote:Felt like I was the only one in 6 not singing one arsehole wenger, bad times
8)

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

SteveO 35 wrote:Now, I'm a miserable bastard at the best of times but compared to a few on here it looks like I've been popping happy pills.

Firstly Bolton were well and truly up fot it, undoubtedly. Given their league position I was amazed that they played Cahill for a start. All four of the backline have regualr PL experience and Muamba, Tuncay, Klasnic and Kakuta are hardly mugs either.

Compare that to us with an 18 year old Spanish centre half playing left back, Yennaris at right back, three kids in midfield and Park still trying to come to terms with English football. When I saw the teams I thought we'd be lucky to get a narrow defeat in extra time, so to win at all, and to do it from coming behind was a decent effort....especially having the Polish clown and Shittachi in the side.

Yes, I admit Ox, Coquelin, Frimpong all got exposed at times. I don't know how anyone could criticise Yennaris at all. Thought he played really well and against an experienced PL and international performer in Tuncay. Miquel looked good on the ball, but also at times got exposed - hardly surprising playing at left back.

If you're looking for negatives then look no further than the useless fuckwit that is supposed to be our number 2 keeper. As if spilling the ball from that tame free kick to be spared by Klasnic almost taking the roof off with his woeful shot wasn't bad enough.....the shot that fumbled from his hands a few minutes later and landed on the roof of the night by chance - words fail me. Thankfully luck prevented the twat costing us our sixth cup competition with him between the sticks. If we want to give promising youngsters a go in this competition then personally I'd rather see one of the academy keepers given a run. Fabianski, Mannone and Almunia (if he returns) are never ever going to be good enough Wenger so stop wasting any more matches on them and get rid of the fucking lot of them.
Agree with this.

Arshavin was getting dogs abuse where i was sitting in the first half, all of it deserved, but it was pretty obvious to me that if we were going to score any goals they would come through the little russian. It was a good move by Wenger to include him as we were playing a pretty much full strength premier league outfit. I'd like to see him given a run in that role, just a case of deciding between ramsey and arteta for the other central role.

On a seperate note, league cup fans annoy and impress me in equal measure. the younger breed of fan that show up for the CC make more noise then the middle-aged season ticket mob usually manage for visits of teams like Bolton, which is good to see.

But, they are also rather muggy in many ways, not just with all the "ONE ARSENE VENGA" guff either. All the stand-up-if-you-hate-tottnum every 5 minutes is annoying and giving it all the "who are ya" at 0-0 ( :? ) and after we score was rather lame. Oh and all the amateur photography outside and inside the ground and in the club shop was rather irritating.

Excellent result this though, i personally care more for progress in this competition then the CL.