Possible Tie-breaker for 3rd place..

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Tie-breaker for 3rd place..

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wengerism wrote:If Chelsea draw 0-0 and we beat Newcastle 2-1

or any other permutation that involves us being level on goals scored with Chelsea, and being equal on goal difference

Tie-breaker could take place at Wembley - would be a big day out for the fans!
And a quite possible outcome. I thought my pants couldn't take the strain thinking about the 4th placed trophy but an actual played runner-up takes all encounter for the 3rd placed trophy....I think I'd need to have a cold shower to dampen the sheer excitement

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Nice to hear you all assuming that Newcastle have no say whatsoever and will just turn up rollmover have their bellies tickled and let us steam roll them :roll:

This thread is the kind that designed to bite tou firmly on the backside...up there with scum's mind the gap bo****ks. :oops: :roll:

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

topgoon wrote:Nice to hear you all assuming that Newcastle have no say whatsoever and will just turn up rollmover have their bellies tickled and let us steam roll them :roll:

This thread is the kind that designed to bite tou firmly on the backside...up there with scum's mind the gap bo****ks. :oops: :roll:
What the man said.

Forum equivalent of premature resounding chorus of " Olé ... olé...olé " bollocks that has come back to haunt us on a few occasions.

Pardew doesn't like The Arsenal or Wenger , needs to finish on a high as fans and Ashley are getting twitchy so he'll be psyching his lot up to turn us over. Could be a lot of jumpers off Tyne bridge Sunday afternoon :?

Need to put in a FULL 90 minutes for this one, something we've not done for many games this season.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

seems unlikely
but the Prem would struggle to fit it in anyway, can't really play it at Wembley
seems crazy for it to be outside London, Stratford?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wengerism wrote:If Chelsea draw 0-0 and we beat Newcastle 2-1

or any other permutation that involves us being level on goals scored with Chelsea, and being equal on goal difference

Tie-breaker could take place at Wembley - would be a big day out for the fans!
Imagine if it went to that. And imagine if the tie breaker was played at Wembley. I wonder if our marketing scum would release some t-shirts, mugs, flags (and later a DVD) tottingham style? :shock: :oops: :roll:

:wink:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

think our marketing team are clever enough to realise that would be embarrassing
(unless we thrashed them I guess)

Wengerism

Post by Wengerism »

topgoon wrote:Nice to hear you all assuming that Newcastle have no say whatsoever and will just turn up rollmover have their bellies tickled and let us steam roll them :roll:

"If Chelsea draw 0-0 and we beat Newcastle 2-1"

Notice where I've said "If" and not when we beat Newcastle - the probability of the above results occurring is not insignificant, and I therefore raised a thread regarding it.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

i have a feeling at the bottom of my stomach about this game tht they will hold us to a draw at least and the scum turn over sunderland,im not a negative person but afraid we will be playing thurs night football next season :cry:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

mcdowell42 wrote:i have a feeling at the bottom of my stomach about this game tht they will hold us to a draw at least and the scum turn over sunderland,im not a negative person but afraid we will be playing thurs night football next season :cry:
the worst of it will be the perpetual Sundays,
can't really get on it on a Sunday :(

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Wengerism wrote:

Notice where I've said "If" and not when we beat Newcastle - the probability of the above results occurring is not insignificant, and I therefore raised a thread regarding it.
I wouldn't worry - I think that was obvious to everyone but topgoon :oops: :lol: so shouldn't really have needed explaining.

Welcome to the forum 8)

Wengerism

Post by Wengerism »

g88ner wrote:
Wengerism wrote:

I wouldn't worry - I think that was obvious to everyone but topgoon :oops: :lol: so shouldn't really have needed explaining.

Welcome to the forum 8)
Cheers - have followed the forum for a long time now, and thought I might as well start contributing myself :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Wengerism wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Wengerism wrote:

Welcome to the forum 8)
Cheers - have followed the forum for a long time now, and thought I might as well start contributing myself :barscarf:
Yet still no tits.

:banghead: :twisted: :D

spike241

Post by spike241 »

Wengerism wrote:
spike241 wrote:It doesn't need to be 0-0.

I think as long as we win by 1 and Chavs draw it'll go to a play-off. Can't see it happening but it's not impossible
Hence I said "or any other permutation that involves us being level on goals scored with Chelsea, and being equal on goal difference"

And you're wrong - we could win 1-0, and Chavs draw 0-0 (They have greater number of goals scored so get 3rd place).

For purpose of clarity:

Arsenal vs Newcastle - Result: a-b
Chelsea vs Everton - Result: x-y

Following must be the case for playoff to occur: a>b, x=y, (a minus x) = 2
That wasn't aimed at you, it was in response to "chavski wont draw o-o anyway"

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Hope it's a question about FFP, Wenger will beat Benitez to the buzzer every day :barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Hope it's a question about FFP, Wenger will beat Benitez to the buzzer every day :barscarf: :lol:
What has a Failing French Penis got to do with - oh, right.

:D :wink: