PNE AWAY FA CUP.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: PNE AWAY FA CUP.

Post by nut flush gooner »

My first away game of the season. It's been a fucking nightmare getting a ticket for any prem league awayday, but PNE have given us a huge allocation 5,400 with the capacity being around 23,000. It should be a good atmosphere up there, lets hope they don't get a three goal start,

Taking the coach with the travel club, it's a tenner which is not bad but a bloody long arduous journey. Still PNE is a shithole you really wouldn't want to spend any time there.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

franksav63 wrote:
highburyJD wrote:98, 99, 02, 03, 04, 05, 08
Still in the AKB camp I see... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Fuck off to Charlton :roll:

:wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm getting worried that Shit for Brains will now field an even weaker side than originally planned for this game. If anyone needs help with the banners I'll be there !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:I'm getting worried that Shit for Brains will now field an even weaker side than originally planned for this game. If anyone needs help with the banners I'll be there !
Why, what's he saving players for, what is he preparing for??? If this idiot had any sense he would throw everything he's got into this. But he won't will he?? He knows in his heart that the League has gone so he will be happy to maintain 4th, he'll be keeping a close eye on that. Probably be rooting for Chelsea tonight so spuds don't leapfrog us.

And of course the CL, he probably wants to get past the next round, this idiot must know he can't win it, but if he can get past Bayern, Kroenke will be over the moon...those are the things Wenger cares about.

It is borderline criminal what this old despot gets away with. I feel like crying...or screaming...or both.

PRICK!!

nut flush gooner

Are any forum members going up to preston? What's the procedure with tickets. I have two tickets for a mate who is a gold member but he is not coming. Do they ask for ID/membership cards to match the tickets like for the away European games?

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:I'm getting worried that Shit for Brains will now field an even weaker side than originally planned for this game. If anyone needs help with the banners I'll be there !
In fairness Sanchez should be rested, he's going to get injured/run himself into the ground playing all the time. This is a perfect game to give Perez a start.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

nut flush gooner wrote:
In fairness Sanchez should be rested, he's going to get injured/run himself into the ground playing all the time. This is a perfect game to give Perez a start.
I think Sanchez days of running himself into the ground are over. For us anyway.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
I can live with him doing that.......its more the fear of seeing a League Cup 3rd round style line up with Reine-Adelaide, Maitland-Niles, Zelalem etc all getting the shit kicked out of them, with 5700 of us up there that worries me.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Pair of shite sides..shite game...if they are set up properly (as with any team in world football) a shock (not to us) is on the cards.

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
I can live with him doing that.......its more the fear of seeing a League Cup 3rd round style line up with Reine-Adelaide, Maitland-Niles, Zelalem etc all getting the shit kicked out of them, with 5700 of us up there that worries me.
I think the attitude of the players is the key thing. When 9,000 of us went up to Manchester a few years back the team we put out was actually quite strong ... but the players had taken their cue from the manager that the game was one we could do without and didnt treat the game seriously. Hence a 4-0 thrashing (weeks after losing 5-1 at SHL :banghead: )

I used to think the youngsters / reserves had the right amount of hunger to play in these early round cup games but the league cup exits of the last 2 seasons have destroyed that belief. They're shit !

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
They should be more worried about DT losing his nut, if Wenger does play that weak a side. Perez to start for me and the chance to make a few quid out of Betfred.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

franksav63 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
franksav63 wrote:
Fuck off to Charlton :roll:

:wink:
Fuck off to Norwich!

:lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

butts8

Post by butts8 »

rodders999 wrote:Ospina
Jenkinson/Debuchy (not sure if Debuchy is dead or not)
Gabriel
Holding
Gibbs
Ox
Ramsey
Xhaka
Walcott
Ozil (rises from his death bed)
Lucas

Think it will be something along these lines, Ramsey and Xhaka are now our only 2 fit/available central midfielders so not sure he'll play both but no idea who might play there otherwise. As long as Ospina doesn't concede 7 he should keep his place for the league games.
Maybe a return for Welbeck? As for the lack of midfielders it is standard for this time of year, time to give Kim kallstrom a call :banghead:

Kypie1990

Post by Kypie1990 »

[quote="rodders999"]Ospina
Jenkinson/Debuchy (not sure if Debuchy is dead or not)
Gabriel
Holding
Gibbs
Ox
Ramsey
Xhaka
Walcott
Ozil (rises from his death bed)
Lucas

Think it will be something along these lines, Ramsey and Xhaka are now our only 2 fit/available central midfielders so not sure he'll play both but no idea who might play there otherwise. As long as Ospina doesn't concede 7 he should keep his place for the league games.[/quote]

Wouldn't be surprised is Per mertersacker is back in this team :banghead:
Meanwhile Wilshere has played most games at Bournemouth, obviously nothing to do with wengers training regime that we have had the most injuries in the prem for donkeys years!