Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If this was Italy or South America, the fans would be turning properly on the club and issuing threats. I'm honestly starting to think that threats should be made to the club telling them that the fans will start disrupting matches and causing trouble if he signs a new deal. Target the training ground, matches, club property. Go direct if they won't listen. Get on the pitch during matches, take the corner flags out and whack them in the middle of the pitch, whatever it takes to get the message across. If they aren't responding right now, then they need to be made to listen and act. I hate to say it, but they need to be threatened and bullied into action.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:If this was Italy or South America, the fans would be turning properly on the club and issuing threats. I'm honestly starting to think that threats should be made to the club telling them that the fans will start disrupting matches and causing trouble if he signs a new deal. Target the training ground, matches, club property. Go direct if they won't listen. Get on the pitch during matches, take the corner flags out and whack them in the middle of the pitch, whatever it takes to get the message across. If they aren't responding right now, then they need to be made to listen and act. I hate to say it, but they need to be threatened and bullied into action.
I know how you feel mate, but the problem is that kind of behaviour is tolerated in the Italian game because of the power the Ultra scum have at many of the clubs. In England you will be arrested, prosecuted and get a criminal record. Is it worth that? Most people will say no so the numbers would be tiny and get dismissed as a few hooligans by the club and media. Wenger would still be there and you would have a criminal record to show for your efforts... :( Sorry to be so negative, but that's what we are up against. :|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:If this was Italy or South America, the fans would be turning properly on the club and issuing threats. I'm honestly starting to think that threats should be made to the club telling them that the fans will start disrupting matches and causing trouble if he signs a new deal. Target the training ground, matches, club property. Go direct if they won't listen. Get on the pitch during matches, take the corner flags out and whack them in the middle of the pitch, whatever it takes to get the message across. If they aren't responding right now, then they need to be made to listen and act. I hate to say it, but they need to be threatened and bullied into action.
I know how you feel mate, but the problem is that kind of behaviour is tolerated in the Italian game because of the power the Ultra scum have at many of the clubs. In England you will be arrested, prosecuted and get a criminal record. Is it worth that? Most people will say no so the numbers would be tiny and get dismissed as a few hooligans by the club and media. Wenger would still be there and you would have a criminal record to show for your efforts... :( Sorry to be so negative, but that's what we are up against. :|
thats why protests need to be as loud and intimidating outside the ground.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Arsene Wenger remains torn over his future as Arsenal manager.

The 67-year-old told Standard Sport after Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at West Brom that he had a made a decision as to whether he will continue beyond the end of the season but we understand that was merely an emotional reaction to another damaging result.
Wenger is acutely aware of the deep divide but it is believed he is still desperate to lead the team to Premier League and Champions League success. :coffeespit:
But it is understood Wenger will use the international break to mull over the situation amid a recognition the speculation has become an unwelcome sideshow accompanying the team’s underperformance.

Wenger, Gazidis and Kroenke all hope the environment will soon exist in which a new contract can be accepted by the majority of fans but that is only even theoretically possible if their form improves immediately.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 94031.html

The international break has come at a bad time, is there nothing we can do at London Colney to keep momentum?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Arsene Wenger remains torn over his future as Arsenal manager.

The 67-year-old told Standard Sport after Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at West Brom that he had a made a decision as to whether he will continue beyond the end of the season but we understand that was merely an emotional reaction to another damaging result.
Wenger is acutely aware of the deep divide but it is believed he is still desperate to lead the team to Premier League and Champions League success. :coffeespit:
But it is understood Wenger will use the international break to mull over the situation amid a recognition the speculation has become an unwelcome sideshow accompanying the team’s underperformance.

Wenger, Gazidis and Kroenke all hope the environment will soon exist in which a new contract can be accepted by the majority of fans but that is only even theoretically possible if their form improves immediately.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 94031.html

The international break has come at a bad time, is there nothing we can do at London Colney to keep momentum?
Christ that last sentence there...

"Wenger, Gazidis and Kroenke all hope the environment will soon exist in which a new contract can be accepted by the majority of fans but that is only even theoretically possible if their form improves immediately"

...implies we are fickle bastards upset over a few bad results. Fucking media hacks. :banghead: :censored:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Guys - so far, this has been a brilliant campaign and really has given the Club a bloody nose.

This may be a bit early, but if Wenger signs on for 2 more years, I believe that we should shift the focus firmly on Kroenke. We should do anything that we can to hurt the Arsenal brand. I believe that we would have a much wider mandate too and attract more money for this purpose. If he decides to keep a manager who clearly isn't interested in winning and more like an accountant, then this club is completely dead and should be subject to more embarrassment.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

begeegs wrote:Guys - so far, this has been a brilliant campaign and really has given the Club a bloody nose.

This may be a bit early, but if Wenger signs on for 2 more years, I believe that we should shift the focus firmly on Kroenke. We should do anything that we can to hurt the Arsenal brand. I believe that we would have a much wider mandate too and attract more money for this purpose. If he decides to keep a manager who clearly isn't interested in winning and more like an accountant, then this club is completely dead and should be subject to more embarrassment.
Agree. Also, we should attack the sponsors as much as possible. They bring in huge amounts of money and they need to be made aware that the brand is getting hurt.

NickF

Post by NickF »

begeegs wrote:Guys - so far, this has been a brilliant campaign and really has given the Club a bloody nose.

If he does, that is it for me. I've done banners at the ground for a couple of years so I have done all I could...

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

The club uses emotional blackmail to get the fans onside. And they are hypocritical lowlife bastards, expecting us to behave like consumers to be bled of all our disposable income to the maximum extent as and when it suits, and yet change at the flip of a switch to unquestioning cheerleaders once inside the ground.

They treat us like consumers - nots fans with a lifelong unbreakable bond to the club, when they charge us £60 quid for a ticket or ridiculous prices for burgers and drinks. But then, when the fans have the gall to demand 100% from the team, THEN Arsenal Plc suddenly demands we act like fans by cheering on the team in a brain dead manner - a team that isn't giving 100% for a useless manager. When we kick up a fuss, THEN they ask us to act like "true fans" and show "respect. THEN we are expected to act like fans and not like consumers in a very profitable segment of the market.

Before Wenger has said words to the effect that the price of tickets must be fair if people keep coming back to the stadium (i.e. They're getting their "money's worth" as consumers). If the club treats the fans as consumers maybe we should start acting like consumers and give their "product" a miss for a season or two.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

cameron326 wrote:The club uses emotional blackmail to get the fans onside. And they are hypocritical lowlife bastards, expecting us to behave like consumers to be bled of all our disposable income to the maximum extent as and when it suits, and yet change at the flip of a switch to unquestioning cheerleaders once inside the ground.

They treat us like consumers - nots fans with a lifelong unbreakable bond to the club, when they charge us £60 quid for a ticket or ridiculous prices for burgers and drinks. But then, when the fans have the gall to demand 100% from the team, THEN Arsenal Plc suddenly demands we act like fans by cheering on the team in a brain dead manner - a team that isn't giving 100% for a useless manager. When we kick up a fuss, THEN they ask us to act like "true fans" and show "respect. THEN we are expected to act like fans and not like consumers in a very profitable segment of the market.

Before Wenger has said words to the effect that the price of tickets must be fair if people keep coming back to the stadium (i.e. They're getting their "money's worth" as consumers). If the club treats the fans as consumers maybe we should start acting like consumers and give their "product" a miss for a season or two.
Many of us already have, mate. We don't go anymore, and haven't for a few years now. The thing I loved most in my life (before I had my wife and kids) is gone to me. But then I hardly recognise that thing anymore; the sterile atmosphere in the bowl, the players that don't give a shit about The Arsenal, and especially the fucking sheep-like JCL fuckers arriving late, leaving early, sitting down and not singing, playing with their iPads and iPhones... if these are the modern fan then the club can fucking have them because they won't have another cent of my hard-earned until Wenger is gone. :x

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

NO...we are not changing mid stream and letting Wenger off the hook...plus we will come across as waverers. It's Wenger OUT...Kroenke comes next...focus, laser like focus.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

NickF wrote:

If he does, that is it for me. I've done banners at the ground for a couple of years so I have done all I could...
Nick you ain't going anywhere, we need you...we are just starting..let him sign a new contract, we will raise a shit storm. You guys need to show resolve, he was never just going to fold his tent and disappear. Focus...WENGER OUT!!!"

Babu

Post by Babu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Ziegler1988 wrote:
Christ that last sentence there...

"Wenger, Gazidis and Kroenke all hope the environment will soon exist in which a new contract can be accepted by the majority of fans but that is only even theoretically possible if their form improves immediately"

...implies we are fickle bastards upset over a few bad results. Fucking media hacks. :banghead: :censored:
I think it implies that Wenger, Gazidis and Kroenke all want him to sign the 2 year contract, but they know that the fans won't put up with it this time, because we are playing very badly at the moment.

The way I read it is that Kroenke has agreed to the 2 year deal and given him the contract, but there is a minimum he must achieve this season before he can sign it.

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:

Me too _ I am absolutely done with this club if he is allowed sign a new deal. If we cant get rid of an employee whose contract is up, what hope have we got of getting rid of an investor who doesn't attend games, wont witness the protests first hand, and who doesn't really give a shit about winning ? I'm not a masochist so I am not going to allow myself to be tortured even one more day be a clueless arrogant c.unt who will certainly lead us to two more years of apathy and embarassment :evil: :evil: :evil:

It might be hard to do, but would it be possible to organize a survey with the various meeja outlets at the turnstiles for the citeeh game ? I am fed up listening to them talk shite about the Arsenal support split in half over wenker, and I would like them (with a witness from the various supporter groups) to ask the fans before they enter the stadium ..........."Are you in favour of wenger signing a new deal ?"
I think that these journo's need to have the message spelt out to them, that although many supporters wont protest, they too feel that he should go at the seasons end - to my mind I wouldn't ask them if they support the idea of banners, protests etc because it is irrelevant, but I think that the following days newspaper headlines showing somewhere north of 80% of Gooner fans are against a new contract, will send a message to the club that no banner can

Might not be feasible, but I just thought that it might reinforce our position

Babu

Post by Babu »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote: Agree. Also, we should attack the sponsors as much as possible. They bring in huge amounts of money and they need to be made aware that the brand is getting hurt.
Hijack an Emirates plane and fly it into the Stadium? Surely Not! :shock:

Only joking. Or was I?