ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:31 am
augie wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:15 pm
Can we please stop this arteta is a novice talk ?? Man is almost 4 seasons into the job and the mistakes he is making is down to arrogance (a la wenger) not inexperience
No one is saying he is. He was a novice when we signed him. That's the point.
He is still inexperienced though. For example this is his first year in the Champions League, and his record to date in Europe has been gash. I wouldn't use it as an excuse as such, but it is fair to say that compared to coaches at just about every top European team he is very limited in experience. I think it has been shown up in Europe already and despite many Gooners being delighted with our CL draw, we all know experience counts for a lot in Europe and that includes the manager

the playing mantis

Re: Gooners- I want to know your thoughts on the transfer window

Post by the playing mantis »

Mods...I mean db10 as everyone else has fcked off....

the playing mantis

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Can we please stop this arteta is a novice talk ?? Man is almost 4 seasons into the job and the mistakes he is making is down to arrogance (a la wenger) not inexperience
, we all know experience counts for a lot in Europe and that includes the manager
Didn't help AW!

Criminal we never bothered the latter stages of the CL more in our prime.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
, we all know experience counts for a lot in Europe and that includes the manager
Didn't help AW!

Agreed. Other than 2006, we were generally piss poor in the CL and often against what was, on the face of it, inferior opposition. The 2006 team wasn't as good as the side we'd had in our pomp a few years earlier, but we were always frustratingly and embarrassingly bad. I think European competition showed Wenger's managerial limitations in stark relief. He was out of his depth against quality coaches.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
He is still inexperienced though. For example this is his first year in the Champions League, and his record to date in Europe has been gash. I wouldn't use it as an excuse as such, but it is fair to say that compared to coaches at just about every top European team he is very limited in experience. I think it has been shown up in Europe already and despite many Gooners being delighted with our CL draw, we all know experience counts for a lot in Europe and that includes the manager
Absolutely agreed 100%.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:38 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Didn't help AW!

Agreed. Other than 2006, we were generally piss poor in the CL and often against what was, on the face of it, inferior opposition. The 2006 team wasn't as good as the side we'd had in our pomp a few years earlier, but we were always frustratingly and embarrassingly bad. I think European competition showed Wenger's managerial limitations in stark relief. He was out of his depth against quality coaches.
Wenger was limited certainly. But let's not forget the two CL that the fucking attention whore idiot Lehmann singlehandedly fucked away in 2004 and 2006. :censored:

That cùnt is the main reason The Lord Dennis Bergkamp does not have a CL medal. :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:53 pm
:lol: :lol:

You rang? :cake:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leila1998 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:07 pm
HI guys!

I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of Arsenal fans on the club's business this window and opinions on the transfer window as a whole. Who was overpriced? Who will be the best value for money? Which club had the best window?

Share your thoughts in this short survey:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance

Link deleted by mod. No posting links by new members or one timers. We also have a transfer thread so I'm merging this one in there. -DB10.
Done. :wink:

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:47 pm

That's some super quality efficiency...are there any other mods these days bar Singapore and spuddy who are MIA.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:47 pm

That's some super quality efficiency...are there any other mods these days bar Singapore and spuddy who are MIA.
I think Singapore had a problem with "the surgery" and is now a ladyboy lady, if you see what I mean? :shock:

Spuddy is just a lazy little ewok. But I love the little fucker. :lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:52 pm
Leila1998 wrote:
HI guys!

I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of Arsenal fans on the club's business this window and opinions on the transfer window as a whole. Who was overpriced? Who will be the best value for money? Which club had the best window?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance

Link deleted by mod. No posting links by new members or one timers. We also have a transfer thread so I'm merging this one in there. -DB10.
Eric Clapton wants his Layla back. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Leila1998 wrote:
HI guys!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance

:lol:

Oh ffs don't tell me you live near him too?! How many fucking villages do you live in? :lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:12 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Leila1998 wrote:
HI guys!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance

Oh ffs don't tell me you live near him too?! How many fucking villages do you live in? :lol: :wink:
He used to. Lives in the States these days. :mrgreen:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:12 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Leila1998 wrote:
HI guys!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance

:coffeespit:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:46 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:38 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Didn't help AW!

Wenger was limited certainly. But let's not forget the two CL that the fucking attention whore idiot Lehmann singlehandedly fucked away in 2004 and 2006. :censored:

That cùnt is the main reason The Lord Dennis Bergkamp does not have a CL medal. :x

Would you kindly not interfere with my Wenger bashing. It's one of the few joys left in life.

Following the departure of Xhaka, targets for my ire were becoming thin on the ground, but there was always Arteta and now he's added Havertz for me to pop at, so happy days.

:barscarf: :barscarf: