Mesut Ozil

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Should we sell Ozil?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 80

OneBardGooner

Re: Mesut Ozil

Post by OneBardGooner »

We missed Ozil big time at the inbreds today - Our pass succession rate was woeful....they were going man for man in defence and we needed his scalpel like passing to cut through the defence.... mind you the inbredscum would have kicked him to pieces... :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:We missed Ozil big time at the inbreds today - Our pass succession rate was woeful....they were going man for man in defence and we needed his scalpel like passing to cut through the defence.... mind you the inbredscum would have kicked him to pieces... :?
I'll be honest OBG for once i think AW took a correct decision not playing him even if he was fit, he would have been kicked up and down the pitch and i think we need him more for the game against the Chavs but it does show we are still in need of better backup players if one man is needed so much :rubchin:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:We missed Ozil big time at the inbreds today - Our pass succession rate was woeful....they were going man for man in defence and we needed his scalpel like passing to cut through the defence.... mind you the inbredscum would have kicked him to pieces... :?
I'll be honest OBG for once i think AW took a correct decision not playing him even if he was fit, he would have been kicked up and down the pitch and i think we need him more for the game against the Chavs but it does show we are still in need of better backup players if one man is needed so much :rubchin:
Agree that removing him from the firing line was the right move if it means he will remain fit for the run in (Sanchez too if not 100%)

There were one or two others who looked like they wanted to be removed today too.

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

And now he has the exact same chant as Payet which I think was taken from Celtic. Shocking form!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

This might of been posted already but this is a great song for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zHC8x3t6CY

Be great if it caught on

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Another stolen song, but that doesn't matter. We aren't known as a Club with good original songs anyway.

Last line needs changing, sounds laboured. It's repeating Ozil's name too often.

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

various clubs have stolen it big deal. it fits better Ozil than Payet anyway. Great scenes in the Stoke concourse last week.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Robin_L wrote:Another stolen song, but that doesn't matter. We aren't known as a Club with good original songs anyway.

Last line needs changing, sounds laboured. It's repeating Ozil's name too often.
Back in the day we had plenty of original songs for our players etc

Oh Rocky, Rocky.
Ooh to be a Gooner
Brian Marwood on the wing
We all live in a Perry Groves world
Ian Wright, Wright, Wright

Were all either original or scarcely used by any other teams

Even - Emmanuel Eboue' s white stripe song was great as was Nasri' s give it up but nowadays " he scores she he wants" is used by every club .

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... 9391/.html

The part on the CL qualification clause is proof of what everyone has suspected for ages - trophies aren't a consideration as they are with other clubs, who stick trophy clauses in. It's all about CL qualification and nothing else. Pathetic. :oops:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/13/arsenal-s ... t-5679832/

Reports claiming he rejected a new contract

MrT

Post by MrT »

Yeh a lot of reports in Spanish and German papers saying he's off and unhappy with the clubs ambition. Could be agent talk for a better contract but would anyone blame him for wanting to leave?

Imagine being promised that you are joining a club with serious ambition, then get stuck with Mertesacker and Flamini and you're only outfield signing in a year was an Egyptian from the Swiss league who can't even get in the matchday squad.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The ever reliable Metro quoting the very honest Marca :lol:

MrT

Post by MrT »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:The ever reliable Metro quoting the very honest Marca :lol:
Bild are reporting it also.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm of the opinion these days that ambitious players have no place coming to our team until the hierarchy changes.

We often berate players over wanting more and more money but i also think that with some of them there is a genuine wish to win trophies and anyone with any footballing brain must look at Arsenal and see a lack of ambition from the top down to the manager and rightly i think it puts players off coming to us.

What a sad, sad place we supporters live in these days :banghead:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

MrT wrote:Yeh a lot of reports in Spanish and German papers saying he's off and unhappy with the clubs ambition. Could be agent talk for a better contract but would anyone blame him for wanting to leave?

Imagine being promised that you are joining a club with serious ambition, then get stuck with Mertesacker and Flamini and you're only outfield signing in a year was an Egyptian from the Swiss league who can't even get in the matchday squad.
Absolutely. A player that's won the WC, and is used to competing to win the CL at Madrid turns up to Lord Fuckstick's pet project and is surrounded by dross. Honestly imagine how dispiriting it must be to get tanked in Munich like that? Imagine how much worse it's going to be when Barca turn up in CL? Imagine having gone from feeding Benzema and Ronaldo to watching shite like Wally and Giroud? Do you honestly think a WC winner (a proper one unlike Mertesacker) gives a shit about beating Villa in the FA Cup? Please.
A player of his class and at his age wants to be a ballon d'Or winner that's what they care about. That's why it makes me laugh to hear Wenker say "now with our financial might we don't have to sell any players"
No dickhead. Your piss-poor management and lack of ambition will always drive top talent away! Ozil leaving will only mean Sanchez following. But it's ok because Flamini and Joel Campbell and Wally and Giroud will all stay "loyal"
:coffeespit: :roll: