ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Obviously I would prefer that we sign a younger centre back, but failing that I would take this fella ahead of cahill everyday of the week and twice on a sunday

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

On a day off , up early so turned on SSN to see a new programme called "Goid Morning Transfers" ..My God it is a panel discussion with no one I recognise (may be journalists but all a bit young) including the token women called Alice Piper..Full of banter and cliches and massive revelations like "Zaha is an Arsenal fan " ..Everyone had to write down one transfer that they believe will happen and this was put in a box to be opened and discussed in Deadline Day.. Oh great you can tweet a question on your club ..today it seems to be Everton. Question answered with a load of drivel that didn't answer one question...God it's a great time to be alive.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

"BREAKING NEWS.... Arsenal have tabled a 3rd bid for KT! 21m upfront with approx 6m in add-on's!
Unknown yet if Celtic will accept or not, however, with KT back in Scotland, I expect this will be accepted and he will travel to London tomorrow or Tuesday....."

- Some bloke on Twitter

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:24 am
On a day off , up early so turned on SSN to see a new programme called "Goid Morning Transfers" ..My God it is a panel discussion with no one I recognise (may be journalists but all a bit young) including the token women called Alice Piper..Full of banter and cliches and massive revelations like "Zaha is an Arsenal fan " ..Everyone had to write down one transfer that they believe will happen and this was put in a box to be opened and discussed in Deadline Day.. Oh great you can tweet a question on your club ..today it seems to be Everton. Question answered with a load of drivel that didn't answer one question...God it's a great time to be alive.
An update from this TV masterpiece ...Arsenal's new kit is flame...

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:46 am
Bradywasking wrote:
I love a show that has a panel who knows just as fuck all as the rest of us but they are drinking their morning coffee out of really cool cups.

you could say that those cups are flame

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Are you sure that you're an early morning person :rubchin: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't up early, missed said programme and feel much better for not having seen it :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Oh look the new kit is out and there isn't 3 new signings on show, instead we have pictures of Jenks, Elneny and a pissed off looking Mustafi on Arse.com website, sums it up really, oh and Ozil making silly gestures.

Turn the lights off ffs.. nothing to see here.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

I wasn't up early, missed said programme and feel much better for not having seen it :lol:
Actually on a working day I am up at 5.30am..so getting up before 9.00am is a lie on of sorts..
As for the programme the episode of Fawlty Towers where the guest wants to book the TV for a "televisiual feast " came to mind.

augie

Post by augie »

Again I don't know anything about the guy (although clubs competing for his signature isn't a who's who of world football), but if he is good enough, surely a signing on fee of £3.5m would represent a bargain ?

Dunno why I read shite like this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:02 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Actually on a working day I am up at 5.30am..so getting up before 9.00am is a lie on of sorts..
As for the programme the episode of Fawlty Towers where the guest wants to book the TV for a "televisiual feast " came to mind.
:lol:

How long before we appoint Manuel as our manager.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:35 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:02 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

:lol:

How long before we appoint Manuel as our manager.
we already had him as our goalkeeper so why not

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Oh look they've fucked up at the Arsenal......somebody noticed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... tars-free/

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Oh look they've fucked up at the Arsenal......somebody noticed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... tars-free/
Not defending our transfer policy but some them valuations are a little generous

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SSN reporting Arsenal have made a £40m bid for Zaha..

augie

Post by augie »

Let me start by saying that I don't think we have a chance of signing Zaha, but I found the suggestion made by both reporters on ssn that AFC would find the money to make a big signing IF the right player was available, to be an intriguing suggestion - do us fans buy into that at all, or are we firmly in the "we only have £45m to spend" camp ? I have to be honest and say that I am really conflicted by this report - I am still totally in the group that want every penny of the £45m spent on defence (and more if we can generate it), but this story that emery is pressing the club to sign Zaha is not going away, and today Zaha's brother has said publicly that he wants to join us, so it does make me wonder if there is some substance to the story :rubchin:

I have said it before that zaha wouldnt be on my wanted list (purely cos of more pressing needs) so if the club was willing to splash out to make one big signing I would want that signing to be a centre back, but having a genuine winger (not dickhead iwobi or the armenian pussy) would give the team better balance - I still am shocked that the suggestion is that adding a winger is emery's priority though