ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 pm
Maybe someone more qualified than me can answer this question for me - in American football (and I assume other American sports), under contract players can be traded from one team to another team and the players have no say in it, so why cant the same happen in football ?? Is there some human rights issue that can stop us from sending mustafi to besiktas, and if so what is it ? If they are still being paid their agreed wage as per the contract, why should they be allowed have a say in whether they stay or go ?

I think it is high time we challenge this legally cos it is the only way that we are gonna rid ourselves of deadwood like the Armenian pussy, the Turkish german, and the useless german :roll:
Hmm you might be on to something Augie, although I'm thinking human rights lawyer for the fans due to the cruel and unusual punishment inflicted on us by said players and others :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:31 pm
So whilst we bought a 18 year Brazilian no-one has ever heard of, the fucking Spuds seem to have bought that player for 65M that a poster on here was adamant there was no chance in hell of them buying due to having no money..... :banghead:

Self-sustaining model in action right there Gents, oh well it's still early, if the Zaha deal goes through the last laughs on them..... :roll:

Boils my piss that we have fallen so far and there is no end in sight, how many years are we going to have to put up with this until Wiggy etc piss off
I know it's annoying but this is why I go on about wiggy so much, basically any other conversation regarding Arsenal is pointless chatter because this c**t is dragging the club down.

Tactics, Managers, signings, ceo, dof, head of football, chief scout, players, coaches, what is the point of talking about any of this b*llocks when wiggy is like a lead-weight strangling the life out of the club?.

Raul is just a new Ivan.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:47 pm
augie wrote:
Maybe someone more qualified than me can answer this question for me - in American football (and I assume other American sports), under contract players can be traded from one team to another team and the players have no say in it, so why cant the same happen in football ?? Is there some human rights issue that can stop us from sending mustafi to besiktas, and if so what is it ? If they are still being paid their agreed wage as per the contract, why should they be allowed have a say in whether they stay or go ?

I think it is high time we challenge this legally cos it is the only way that we are gonna rid ourselves of deadwood like the Armenian pussy, the Turkish german, and the useless german :roll:
Hmm you might be on to something Augie, although I'm thinking human rights lawyer for the fans due to the cruel and unusual punishment inflicted on us by said players and others :roll:
:lol:

Think the NFL side of things might be something to do with their contracts having a large upfront payment of the contract's total value. So potentially after say 2 years of a 4 year deal the player has already received 70% of the contract value so if they are surplus to requirements then they are happy enough to move on and take the next chunk of cash rather than hang around stinking the joint out like a certain Deutsche superstar :roll: Don't know if the players have any say in it or not or whether it's just the accepted norm.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

It's an EU employment law that was used by the Bosman cùnt to open the flood gates to players having the power over their futures that the club's used to have. Basically the right to travel and work at your own discretion. American employment law is nowhere near as tight as the European version. All UEFA affiliated clubs now operate under the legislation.

augie

Post by augie »

Mixed opinions on this - on one hand if him or any other our gutless players want out then they can fcuk right off, but on the other hand laca would be one of the very few players I would be gutted to lose

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... fer-talks/

I'll put it this way, I would rather sell auba to manure than to sell laca to anyone, and I think that £70m would be taking the piss

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
augie wrote:

Think the NFL side of things might be something to do with their contracts having a large upfront payment of the contract's total value. So potentially after say 2 years of a 4 year deal the player has already received 70% of the contract value so if they are surplus to requirements then they are happy enough to move on and take the next chunk of cash rather than hang around stinking the joint out like a certain Deutsche superstar :roll: Don't know if the players have any say in it or not or whether it's just the accepted norm.

NFL contracts come in different shapes and sizes and it's only in the past 2 seasons that the vast majority of contracts (for top players) is guaranteed - when that player is traded to another club/franchise, his new club is only obliged to carry on the players existing contract so there is RARELY any benefit to the player to move. The players have ZERO say in the move

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SSN have just reported about the Laca meeting taking place at the club this afternoon.

Anyone get the feeling that one of the front two could be out the door this summer.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:41 pm
augie wrote:

It's an EU employment law that was used by the Bosman cùnt to open the flood gates to players having the power over their futures that the club's used to have. Basically the right to travel and work at your own discretion. American employment law is nowhere near as tight as the European version. All UEFA affiliated clubs now operate under the legislation.

I'm presuming when the UK eventually leaves the EU, then this EU law wont apply to them anymore, or will it be enforced by UEFA if the English clubs want to play in European club competitions.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

I'm presuming when the UK eventually leaves the EU, then this EU law wont apply to them anymore, or will it be enforced by UEFA if the English clubs want to play in European club competitions.
I'd imagine UEFA will insist. But who knows what might happen if the PL challenged it......?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:47 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
augie wrote:

NFL contracts come in different shapes and sizes and it's only in the past 2 seasons that the vast majority of contracts (for top players) is guaranteed - when that player is traded to another club/franchise, his new club is only obliged to carry on the players existing contract so there is RARELY any benefit to the player to move. The players have ZERO say in the move

That's interesting - imagine some of our poor old players not being able to agitate for a move or new contract to get a pay rise whenever they fancied it.

I see from Mr Google that players can include a 'no trade' clause in their contracts to retain a degree of control.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A pretty in depth breakdown of the EU employment law issue and how Brexit might affect it here:

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/featu ... n-football

Particularly interesting is the bit about Article 19 and signing young players.....

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Am I not right in saying that bosman fought against clubs holding players registrations after their contracts expired, and his win has allowed out of contract players to walk away on a free. If a player under contract is allowed to travel and work at their own discretion, what is there to stop them deciding which games they want to play (no ozil gags please) ? Again I'm not claiming to be well versed in employment law, but I would have thought that signing a contract is the equivalent of selling your professional rights to that club for the length of that contract, and it is up to them where you "work" for the duration of that contract.
To extend out that question/argument, if a player signs for citeeh, can they refuse to go on loan to Girona or one of the other clubs citeeh own ? :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Am I not right in saying that bosman fought against clubs holding players registrations after their contracts expired, and his win has allowed out of contract players to walk away on a free. If a player under contract is allowed to travel and work at their own discretion, what is there to stop them deciding which games they want to play (no ozil gags please) ? Again I'm not claiming to be well versed in employment law, but I would have thought that signing a contract is the equivalent of selling your professional rights to that club for the length of that contract, and it is up to them where you "work" for the duration of that contract.
To extend out that question/argument, if a player signs for citeeh, can they refuse to go on loan to Girona or one of the other clubs citeeh own ? :rubchin:
Basically the player can refuse to go but it seldom comes to that. For all the international law and media attached to the game, at the top level it is still quite an insular world where getting a reputation as a trouble maker can hurt your future. The players hav3 the power but the club's can negotiate with their agents.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:55 pm
A pretty in depth breakdown of the EU employment law issue and how Brexit might affect it here:

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/featu ... n-football

Particularly interesting is the bit about Article 19 and signing young players.....

Clear as mud :wink:

On a serious level, the loss of article 19 would hit english clubs like ours very hard, cos we have done huge recruiting of young kids from european clubs in the last decade or so.

Unless I am not reading it correctly (which is a real possibility), I still don't see an answer to my question about the rights a club has with the movement of under contract players

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:07 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Basically the player can refuse to go but it seldom comes to that. For all the international law and media attached to the game, at the top level it is still quite an insular world where getting a reputation as a trouble maker can hurt your future. The players hav3 the power but the club's can negotiate with their agents.

I started this debate tongue in cheek, but the more it goes on, the more wound up I am getting over it - I find it disgraceful that (it seems) players can refuse to move on even if they don't suffer financially for the move. Players like monkey bale are absolutely right to dig in their heels and refuse to move clubs (he has been treated disgracefully imo) unless they get their contracts paid up in full, and that is what bale seems to be pushing for. If players are allowed to push for moves in mid-contract, then clubs should have the right to sell them on mid-contract whether a player wants to move or not - the players seem to think that it is their right to break contracts that they willingly signed, but refuse to allow clubs to do the same