Swansea match

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Just got in. I'm in NY so was on the beer from 9.30am to 5pm then went to the NYRB game...

Not a particularly convincing performance was it? (From Arsenal that is, although the same could also be said of NYRB who drew 1-1) :oops:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

QuartzGooner wrote:Players often take a long while to get fully sharp and strong after a serious leg break.
Maybe give Ramsey another three months as a starter, but sub him regularly about 60-70 minutes if he is playing poorly.
Benayoun, Gervinho, Arshavin can all be players who replace him in a creative midfield role.
Use Ramsey as a sub from then on if he is still struggling, until he regains good form.
He is a good passer of the ball and makes interesting runs off the ball, well worth persevering with in an advanced midfield role.
Cool, Diaby will be back at the end of the month, let's see if he gets 3 matches let alone 3 months before he is declared as the anti Christ.

I like Ramsey, want him to make it but he needs to up his game and quickly.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Gibbs and Walcott were terrible yesterday, I really want the crowd to start getting on Walcott's back I fucking hate the *word censored*, autobiography wanker...

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

franksav63 wrote:Gibbs and Walcott were terrible yesterday, I really want the crowd to start getting on Walcott's back I fucking hate the c**t, autobiography wanker...
agreed although i do feel slightly sorry for Gibbs as Arshavin never tracks back and Gibbs is often left 2 on 1 when the right back bombs up which makes it hard work for him,

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

franksav63 wrote:Gibbs and Walcott were terrible yesterday, I really want the crowd to start getting on Walcott's back...
You might not like him and the boy's weaknesses is there for everybody to see but you can't blame the guy for not doing his best or giving 100%, and as long as he does everybody should be behind him.

I also have alot of respect for the fact that Walcott keeps on trying no matter how many bad crosses or failed attempts to get past opponnents, and in the end it's usually him succeding with a run and providing an assist or nicking a goal. I can see him scoring 15 - 20 goals this season if he stays fit..

I'm getting a bit tired of people knocking players for writting books, the cars they drive, the accessories they wear etc. Fine you might not like it but it's 2011 and even though I would never buy or read any book by a player under the age of 30 there are obviously others who will so let them get on with it.

The only time I wish the crowd would get on one of our own players back is if he is not giving 100%.

augie

Post by augie »

Wasnt at the game so have only the extended Footie First highlights on sky to judge on but I thought that arshavin looked really lively yesterday and seemed to be at the heart of all of our best moves 8)

Have to say though that from watching those extended highlights I thought ramsey played very well :? I know that there is more to being a top level footballer than just running around but he seemed lively and appeared to link well with arteta so am surprised by the slating he is getting on here though :o

Walcott is utter shite........totally utter utter shite :roll: He contributed fcuk all and as I have said lately his attitude is beginning to stink the place out :x This fella hasnt enough brains to fill an M & M and I'm sorry but you need more intelligence to play at the top level than you do to write a sodding bio :roll: :oops:

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

JakeN13 wrote:
franksav63 wrote:Gibbs and Walcott were terrible yesterday, I really want the crowd to start getting on Walcott's back...
You might not like him and the boy's weaknesses is there for everybody to see but you can't blame the guy for not doing his best or giving 100%, and as long as he does everybody should be behind him.

I also have alot of respect for the fact that Walcott keeps on trying no matter how many bad crosses or failed attempts to get past opponnents, and in the end it's usually him succeding with a run and providing an assist or nicking a goal. I can see him scoring 15 - 20 goals this season if he stays fit..

I'm getting a bit tired of people knocking players for writting books, the cars they drive, the accessories they wear etc. Fine you might not like it but it's 2011 and even though I would never buy or read any book by a player under the age of 30 there are obviously others who will so let them get on with it.

The only time I wish the crowd would get on one of our own players back is if he is not giving 100%.
I agree with all of that, except for the bit where I don't.

At one point in the 2nd half, Walcott gave up battling for the ball to moan at the linesman for a foul. He had been fouled, but didn't play to the whistle and got a yellow instead.

Tw*ttish thing to do. Even Andrei had a word with him for facks sake.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Walcott is utterly useless - always has been and always will be. The sad thing is he held up as one of our 'star' players. He belongs somewhere like Blackburn. Simply not good enough at the top level, whether he plays up front or out wide.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

JakeN13 wrote:
as for Gibbs...Santos must have been delighted yesterday watching the competition he is up against.
Last edited by JakeN13 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

To be fair to Theo, even though he's very frustrating to watch at times, he's probably still one of our most productive players, isn't he?

He seems to score a goal or make an assists on a fairly regular basis, so although I understand people wanting him dropped, I think you have to be realistic and understand that, up to now, we haven't been overly blessed with alternatives. In fact, the alternative is usually Arshavin, and his attitude usually stinks, which combined with scoring only 2 goals in 22 games (I read that somewhere and could be wrong), is probably the reason Theo has become a regular in the side.

Anyway, I was delighted we signed Benayoun because I'm hoping/expecting that he'll eventually cement a place in the front 3 alongside Gervinho and Van Persie.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Most of our squad are underperforming, average fucking players. Take your pick from the majority who should be dropped......I Just don't think we have anyone to come in and replace them!
In my mind there are only 6 players who would be guaranteed a spot in my Arsenal team -
Chezza
Sagna
TV
Jack
Gervinho
RVP

How fucking sad in a squad of 25 or so! :cry:

bunch

Post by bunch »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Cool, Diaby will be back at the end of the month, let's see if he gets 3 matches let alone 3 months before he is declared as the anti Christ.

He is the fucking anti-christ, Scum shirt-wearing, brainless fucktard. I don't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt again. And I'm booing that fucker if he ever does.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

TeeCee wrote:Most of our squad are underperforming, average fucking players. Take your pick from the majority who should be dropped......I Just don't think we have anyone to come in and replace them!
In my mind there are only 6 players who would be guaranteed a spot in my Arsenal team -
Chezza
Sagna
TV
Jack
Gervinho
RVP

How fucking sad in a squad of 25 or so! :cry:
Agree on this. But the jury is still out on Gervinho for me and hopefully Arteta can soon be added to the list. As for Robin, as good as he is, he is no captain and his failure to convert the penalty at Old Trafford showed to me that he too has been afflicted with the loser’s disease that is endemic at Arsenal under this manager.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

bunch wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:

He is the fucking anti-christ, Scum shirt-wearing, brainless fucktard. I don't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt again. And I'm booing that fucker if he ever does.
Well said. He is not fit to wear the shirt. Everything that is wrong with this Club rolled up into one useless player.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

ThomasMitchell wrote: Well said. He is not fit to wear the shirt. Everything that is wrong with this Club rolled up into one useless player.
True, Diaby's injured. :wink: