WBA GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: WBA GAME THREAD

Post by flash gunner »

Without doubt we will beat WBA on Saturday they are in as bad form as us and their good start to the season is going down the shitter. After beating WBA convincingly all the sheep will be wanking off about how good we are and how Arsene is a miracle worker :oops:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:Without doubt we will beat WBA on Saturday they are in as bad form as us and their good start to the season is going down the shitter. After beating WBA convincingly all the sheep will be wanking off about how good we are and how Arsene is a miracle worker :oops:
Flash has moved from gardening to farming

Evolution my friends...

:roll: :shock: :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Without doubt we will beat WBA on Saturday they are in as bad form as us and their good start to the season is going down the shitter. After beating WBA convincingly all the sheep will be wanking off about how good we are and how Arsene is a miracle worker :oops:
Flash has moved from gardening to farming

Evolution my friends...

:roll: :shock: :D
:lol:

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Dan_85 wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: 60,059!

It will be like a Carling Cup match with the amount of tourists celebrating throw-ins and not understanding the offside rule :lol:

The atmosphere will be so shitty and poisonous, why would anyone put themselves through 90 minutes of this bollocks.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Vamos a ganar y todo resultará bien en el jardín de Wenger, 8)

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

Question from an outsider:
Any consequences for anybody if you would lose the second home game in a row?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Tomáš wrote:Question from an outsider:
Any consequences for anybody if you would lose the second home game in a row?
Many supporters are pro Wenger still and even if we got relegated this season it would be everybodies fault except the messiah (you only have to read superfan highburyJD's posts) so we could lose the next 5 home games and still there would be one Arsene Wenger being sung at matches.

In other words no consequences Wenger is untouchable, the board couldnt give a fuck and the players arent good enough so booing after a loss is as far as it goes mate :oops:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

dont care if we win or lose. Its a win win for me

Win and its fun at the time

lose and its fun at the time as i get to rant loudly about wenker. It also makes me happy seeing the abuse he gets and watching him act like a wanker on tv

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

mikeyb772001 wrote:dont care if we win or lose. Its a win win for me

Win and its fun at the time

lose and its fun at the time as i get to rant loudly about wenker. It also makes me happy seeing the abuse he gets and watching him act like a wanker on tv
This x's 10000000, the more deserved abuse that comes his the better I feel, unfortunately I won't be there Saturday as I'm taking my children to a Panto in Wimbledon... I could have easily have taken them to the Panto that is currently at The Arsenal !!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

You happy couple of cu.nts :lol:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:You happy couple of cu.nts :lol:
:lol: :lol:

'Tis the season to be joyy!!!! Yo ho ho!!! :roll: :roll: :( :( :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

franksav63 wrote:

Another fucking sex-change op on here! :banghead:

:lol: :wink:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

Another fucking sex-change op on here! :banghead:

:lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Its a vital game, not so much for the top 4 - the gap is not insomountable right now - but lose this, i think we could see things spiral badly.

Swale Gooner made a point at the weekend, Jenkinson obviously made an error - but the crowd was vicisous at that time, he didnt want to pass it backwards as he knew the abuse he would get. Now, as a professional footballer its not an excuse - but the crowd were not with the team at that point and although i fully maintain the best team won, i do agree confidence-wise, we are shot to bits and the negativity around the whole place contributed in small part to that second goal.

Everbody outside of the club wants us to fail, even some within - West Brom will be thriving on this.

If i was Wenger id be telling the team to be completely gung-ho from the outset, take the initiative, get the crowd going - spark some positivity - because if we play like we have the last few weeks we will lose this game and suddenty the season really does start to look bleak.

Win Saturday, Win Tuesday - suddenly things look a little brighter and maybe, we will have a team we can get behind again once they play to the level they can.

This isnt about Wenger, or even the actual players - I dont want to see my club become a laughing stock for people who are dying for us to fail - the manager WILL NOT change in the middle of the season, we CANNOT buy any players until January, the team has to earn our support back - but we too need to play a part.

He could help by dropping Gervinho tho :wink:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Its a vital game, not so much for the top 4 - the gap is not insomountable right now - but lose this, i think we could see things spiral badly.

Swale Gooner made a point at the weekend, Jenkinson obviously made an error - but the crowd was vicisous at that time, he didnt want to pass it backwards as he knew the abuse he would get. Now, as a professional footballer its not an excuse - but the crowd were not with the team at that point and although i fully maintain the best team won, i do agree confidence-wise, we are shot to bits and the negativity around the whole place contributed in small part to that second goal.

Everbody outside of the club wants us to fail, even some within - West Brom will be thriving on this.

If i was Wenger id be telling the team to be completely gung-ho from the outset, take the initiative, get the crowd going - spark some positivity - because if we play like we have the last few weeks we will lose this game and suddenty the season really does start to look bleak.

Win Saturday, Win Tuesday - suddenly things look a little brighter and maybe, we will have a team we can get behind again once they play to the level they can.

This isnt about Wenger, or even the actual players - I dont want to see my club become a laughing stock for people who are dying for us to fail - the manager WILL NOT change in the middle of the season, we CANNOT buy any players until January, the team has to earn our support back - but we too need to play a part.

He could help by dropping Gervinho tho :wink:
I can’t agree that the crowd are playing any part in what is going on here. When Jenkinson first got the ball he could and should have put it in the box so we could possibly have an attempt on goal, but he chose to go backwards. I’m not singling him out because that is the mentality of the team but on this occasion it was him that made a bad decision. He wanted to keep possession rather than take a chance on creating a scoring opportunity.

To say he is then scared of the consequence of playing backwards is both his own fault as it was his initial decision and also suggests he is not strong enough mentally (as you alluded to in your post) to play Premier League football. In that game alone, two or three times in the second half we tried to pass it out from the keeper and either lost it in a dangerous area or gave away a throw in near our own goal. I, like many others, are fed up with that sort of play as the players clearly aren’t good enough to make it work. If it keeps going wrong, don’t keep doing it!

I do agree that we should go gung ho from the start on Saturday, but I’d be amazed if we did, Wenger hasn’t exactly been willing to change our approach in recent years, regardless of results so I don’t see why he would suddenly do so now.