Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
armchair

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by armchair »

I csn see it mate. Its nice. :D
Poor Chippy. :cry:

Try turning it off then on again.......... :lol:
:wink:

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:We lose this and then at Spurs and Wenger will be under bigger pressure than he has ever faced before
Can't see how you work that out mate - wishful thinking, which of course I understand. We were 18th after 3 games at the start of 2011/12, 13 points behind Spurs in February when Twitcher was there, slumped to 5th from 1st in March 2 years ago after Everton handed us a 3-0 thumping at Goodison

People forget all this and more and always say "if he loses this one or that one". The reality is that he's still 7 points above 5th placed Man Ure who still have to go to the Etihad, the Shitole, Upton Park and have other tough games including Leicester and a two legged game against the Mickeys in the Thursday night cup. We're still on course for the top four which of course is all that matters as ever....let the exec boxes sell out once more, and the contract extension will be drawn up again
The difference is the arguments the AKBs regurgitate have been wearing thin for a long time now. Wenger can no longer fall back on 'austerity' or financial transition, he himself has admitted it. He can't say we're up against the oil money clubs. He can't say we've progressed given we will finish with a lower points total this year than any of the previous 3 seasons. This is a side he has been building since Van Persie left. He had the opportunity to buy in the summer and didn't. That bullshit about turning a corner after we beat Man City 2-0 at the Etihad has been thoroughly exposed.

He must now shoulder the entire blame for the stagnation and continued failure at the club. People only ever go from AKB to WOB, they never go the other way. If we don't win the title this season, even the most delusional windowlickers won't have a single argument to regurgitate

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Today was the most anti-Wenger sentiment I've seen at a game - far more voices against than before and not one in support until there was a fight starting at the end which the police waded into.

Still nowhere near like the sort of 'pressure' that will make any different. There is a huge chunk of our fanbase who will never change their mind on Wenger and will swallow every excuse.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

My twitter timeline was full of Wenger out's tonight, but that is because the AKB's run and hide after every Wenger fuck up. Many of the fans who are angry towards Wenger today will have forgotten about it, if we win on Wednesday. The one thing I like about the OG is that everyone on here has their reasons for liking or for most of us disliking the manager, and we stick to our beliefs. It really is pathetic that some people will be shouting Wenger out today but will see him as a hero again if we beat shitty Swansea :banghead:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Against Chelsea, City and United, he could always blame inferior funds for failure to win. However, what does he say if we lose out to Leicester City or/and Tottenham?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wilson wrote:Against Chelsea, City and United, he could always blame inferior funds for failure to win. However, what does he say if we lose out to Leicester City or/and Tottenham?
He'll come up with something, you know that, so do we. Seriously the guy has an opinion and an answer for EVERYTHING. Most of the time he contradicts himself but shamefully, inexplicably really, the media NEVER calls him on it??

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

xisstential wrote:
Wilson wrote:Against Chelsea, City and United, he could always blame inferior funds for failure to win. However, what does he say if we lose out to Leicester City or/and Tottenham?
He'll come up with something, you know that, so do we. Seriously the guy has an opinion and an answer for EVERYTHING. Most of the time he contradicts himself but shamefully, inexplicably really, the media NEVER calls him on it??
I can see him saying. 'see, I told you, you dont need to spend money to win' (given Tottenham or Leicester will win it).

Im serious, he really is that smug to take credit for something that he has tried to achieve for 10 years, that will be accomplished by another manager. Although it will be ironic because Tottenham or Leicester will 'beat the money' so to speak by finishing above us.

Even in a title race where he enjoys the luxury of the biggest and most expensive players, he is being outdone. The irony is a damming assessment on Wenger as a manager.

He always occupied that position as the 'outsider' battling against the money spent by other teams, and he always failed. Now, the 'outsiders' are succeeding at our expenses asthe financial muscle team in the title run in.

This really is a monumental scandal. Yet if Wenger and the club treat the inability to win the title this year as water of a ducks back. Then we fans seriously need to take action to rescue the club. Perhaps a re-boot of the black scarf movement signifying a serious lack of faith in the managers, executives, and board to deliver success.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He has an answer or excuse for everything and no matter how bizarre or ludicrous at least half of our fans will swallow it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

ok what to be done now?

I think the entire Arsenal fanbase now need to get behind the team and the manager for the next week, for the Swansea and Spurs games. Win those two games and suddenly it is a different story.

However if we lose to Spurs next Saturday then let the protests start and the entire Arsenal fanbase needs to again come together to force him out.

Spurs v Arsenal - arguably the biggest game of my lifetime. lose that and the title could be on the way to White Hart Lane

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:He has an answer or excuse for everything and no matter how bizarre or ludicrous at least half of our fans will swallow it.
That would still be ok. It's the media swallowing it that is the problem. Has there ever been a manager in history, anywhere in the world, that has been given such an easy ride?? It is inexplicable. If the media got on his back and rode him relentlessly he would HAVE to respond.

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

Massive game to "stay" in the title race and get some momentum going into the NLD.

Since it's clear he won't drop Ramsey, I would shift Ramsey out to the right and start Elneny and Coquelin. The Coquelin-Ramsey pair is not working at all and never has.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:I'll agree with Falkirk Goon's analysis :( :barscarf:

All Swansea need do is watch a re-run of the game at Old Fartford and their tactics will be sorted.

:?

Thanks Wenger You FRAUD.

http://youtu.be/5f8JaWmCJe0

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote: I can see him saying. 'see, I told you, you dont need to spend money to win' (given Tottenham or Leicester will win it).

Im serious, he really is that smug to take credit for something that he has tried to achieve for 10 years, that will be accomplished by another manager. Although it will be ironic because Tottenham or Leicester will 'beat the money' so to speak by finishing above us.
Absolutely. Wenger is the only man that could twist his own failure into it proving him right all along!! :suicide:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

goonersid wrote:I dont give a flyingcuntingfuck
pretty much sums it up. nothing will undo the abhorrent shite we've been served up in the past. i seem to remember us beating swansea 1-0 at home after the 8-2 capitulation five years ago. i didn't give a fuck then, so...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:ok what to be done now?

I think the entire Arsenal fanbase now need to get behind the team and the manager for the next week, for the Swansea and Spurs games. Win those two games and suddenly it is a different story.

However if we lose to Spurs next Saturday then let the protests start and the entire Arsenal fanbase needs to again come together to force him out.

Spurs v Arsenal - arguably the biggest game of my lifetime. lose that and the title could be on the way to White Hart Lane

and we got fuck all support at the shit hole......