Forest A Sat 20th May KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gazzatt2

Re: Forest A Sat 20th May KO 1730

Post by gazzatt2 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:07 am
From our own point of view I give zero fcuks about this game, but at the same time I would like to see forest relegated - I liked forest a lot under cloughie, but this bu!!shit buying almost a completely new squad last summer really fcuks me off and I want to see them relegated cos of how they have gone about their business. I feel like the guys in the film Moneyball who argued against billy beane's new ideas, but to my mind you build a club properly and cant just parachute in a team of mercenary c.unts in one transfer window :evil:
They came up from the championship with a team of loan players that went back to
Their original teams so they had to buy a load of players plus strengthen for the premiership

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:00 pm
augie wrote:
From our own point of view I give zero fcuks about this game, but at the same time I would like to see forest relegated - I liked forest a lot under cloughie, but this bu!!shit buying almost a completely new squad last summer really fcuks me off and I want to see them relegated cos of how they have gone about their business. I feel like the guys in the film Moneyball who argued against billy beane's new ideas, but to my mind you build a club properly and cant just parachute in a team of mercenary c.unts in one transfer window :evil:
They came up from the championship with a team of loan players that went back to
Their original teams so they had to buy a load of players plus strengthen for the premiership
The manager has done a fantastic job too - taking a squad that were more likely to be relegated to League One at the time. Read Paul Davis's book a few weeks ago when I was on holiday, and as most of us will know he works with young English coaches throughout the land and was mightily impressed by Cooper when he worked with the England kids.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:23 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
augie wrote:
The manager has done a fantastic job too - taking a squad that were more likely to be relegated to League One at the time. Read Paul Davis's book a few weeks ago when I was on holiday, and as most of us will know he works with young English coaches throughout the land and was mightily impressed by Cooper when he worked with the England kids.
Don’t have an issue with Forest at all.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I always want Arsenal to win no matter what the game is but have no interest anymore until the beginning of next season.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:23 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
augie wrote:
Curious looking chap though isn't he.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I think Forrest were bottom of the league earlier in the season when they extended his contract too. Fair fucks. They’re safe now anyway, Leicester and Leeds won’t get another point this season.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Looking at the remaining fixtures for the relegation threatened teams, Everton have by far the most comfortable games on paper...away to wolves and home to Bournemouth, both who are now safe. I want Everton to go down, but, as usual, they're likely to escape by the skin of their teeth.

I said a day or so ago that it would be the current bottom 3 that go. Saints have already gone and Leicester have completely given up the ghost and are doomed. That leaves Leeds, who are away to West Ham and home to the scum. On paper more difficult than Everton's games, but Leeds will at least put up a fight and with the Hammers now safe and the scum all over the gaff, they're capable of getting something from those games.

Unfortunately, I think the extra point that the scousers have and the fact that I expect them to get at least 4 points from their final two games, will see them safe. Oh well, we can live in hope.

Btw, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd prefer Leeds rather than the Toffees to stay up.

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:41 pm
Looking at the remaining fixtures for the relegation threatened teams, Everton have by far the most comfortable games on paper...away to wolves and home to Bournemouth, both who are now safe. I want Everton to go down, but, as usual, they're likely to escape by the skin of their teeth.

I said a day or so ago that it would be the current bottom 3 that go. Saints have already gone and Leicester have completely given up the ghost and are doomed. That leaves Leeds, who are away to West Ham and home to the scum. On paper more difficult than Everton's games, but Leeds will at least put up a fight and with the Hammers now safe and the scum all over the gaff, they're capable of getting something from those games.

Unfortunately, I think the extra point that the scousers have and the fact that I expect them to get at least 4 points from their final two games, will see them safe. Oh well, we can live in hope.

Btw, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd prefer Leeds rather than the Toffees to stay up.

Usually I have no axe to grind with everton or their fans, but I have to say that they way they (the fans) behaved when clamouring for fat frank to be their next manager, has me wanting to see them now suffer for their stupidity - the everton board wanted to appoint some portugese guy as manager, and the guy had a good cv albeit in the portugese league, but of course the everton fans protested and called for fat frank to be their manager even though he had failed massively AFTER spending a fortune at the chavs :roll: How can you even reason with stupidity like that ? They got their wish and fat frank is a large part of the reason they are where they are, and I for one think that it is only right that they suffer relegation on the back of it

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

If it's a straight choice between Leeds and the blue dippers it would be Everton for me :rubchin: purely from a We get brownholed regularly at theirs perspective,nothing more cos they're both showers of arsepieces.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I would prefer Dirrrrty Leeds go down than Everton, for 2 reasons... Leeds are (still) Dirrrrty fuckers...and their fans 101% NastyCunts. AND Everton players always kick the shyte out of Red ScouseFilth players in their derby's.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 7:13 pm
I would prefer Dirrrrty Leeds go down than Everton, for 2 reasons... Leeds are (still) Dirrrrty fuckers...and their fans 101% NastyCunts. AND Everton players always kick the shyte out of Red ScouseFilth players in their derby's.
But Sean Dyche is a c unt……

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's a shame Leeds and the toffees can't both get relegated. I've always hated Leeds and their inbred fans and I'd love to see Dyche get relegated with what used to be considered one of the original pre-SlySports "Big 5". It would blow the myth of his managerial ability wide open! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Yes. Yes, he is. 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I really want Everton to go but they're safe now because one win down the bottom is the equivalent of 10 at the top. I recently saw some stats/odds checker that said Everton had a 20% chance of survival before the Brighton game, it went up to over 60% after they won - simply because everyone else down there is complete shit and 3 points can move you up 2/3 places.

Leeds last won a game on the 4th April and Leicester have won just 1 out of their last 14 :shock:

That's all folks.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
I know Robbo I know, and I agree 100% he is a cun.t . It is not a choice I came to easily, if possible I would prefer Southampton to stay up and so dirty Leeds, BluescouseFlith and leiceshitty to go down..But give it a season or so or perhaps less and when the scousers get fed up with the negative games under him he will be Gone.