THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:43 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:33 am
Forget the result - I would just like to see us competitive in this match. Wolves gave them a good game so really we shouldn’t be scared of them.

Time for the squad to step up.
This is what Arteta brought these additional players in for right ?
From what I saw, Wolves were fast paced and direct - attacking them with snail like velocity may not work ? :rubchin: :rubchin:
Especially Pedro Neto who is "Mustard". :proudtosay:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Arteta to get beat from his wee pal once again … fucking sick of losing to these cheating Twats but just can’t see any other outcome.

What frustrates me so much about us as a team for as long as I can remember is this inevitability about us that we will shoot ourselves in the foot.

Guarantee we will either give away a penalty … get someone sent off or absolutely gift them a goal at some point in the match.

Whether it’s nerves or inferiority complex I don’t know but I remember that horrible game a couple seasons back when we scored first and completely dominated the game and still fucking lost.

Despise these oil cheat fucks.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Maybe Ben White and Gabriel can bamboozle City with a record number of back passes in one game?? :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Depressing watching city handle a tougher away game than ours relatively easily tonight, doesn't bode well.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Since we last took a point off them well over 20 clubs have done that and at least 10 have beaten them. Some of those teams are currently in the Championship

But our manager won't find away. We'll be as wide open as we were up there. Haaland who barely had a kick against Wolves will have Gabriel looking like Bambi on Ice again and they'll do us big style

We're going backwards this season no doubt about it

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:57 am
Since we last took a point off them well over 20 clubs have done that and at least 10 have beaten them. Some of those teams are currently in the Championship

But our manager won't find away. We'll be as wide open as we were up there. Haaland who barely had a kick against Wolves will have Gabriel looking like Bambi on Ice again and they'll do us big style

We're going backwards this season no doubt about it
We have regressed massively for sure. You stand in the stadium and you can see it on everything we do.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Cheaty will stiffen us home and away and the dippers will do us at theirs along with Newcastle up there too..Points will be dropped against Brighton and Villa as well almost certainly..Well be 20plus behind Cheaty come may..We might get top4 but just because of the shiteness of other sides.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'm sure Arteta has something completely unpredictable planned for City........something that will leave Pep totally outfoxed. I reckon..

We'll play Zinchenko as an inverted left back, roaming into midfield all the time leaving 3 at the back and wide gaps on our left.....

Up front we'll have.....wait for it, fucking genius this is........Our blockbuster German signing Kai Havoc as a false 9.....hee hee hee, Pep will never suspect this....

On the right he'll play ex-City talisman Jesus, who will run their LB ragged

On the LW will be Leo Bossard, top man......

In the centre, a double pivot of Biggus Deccus and Partey with Captain Ode

At the back, Benny 'Back pass' White, Saliba, Gabriel and Oleks 'AWOL' Zinchenko

Finished off with our Raya sunshine in goal

Pep is going to be so pissed at Tets pulling this one off, he won't see this coming!!.........

:shock: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:50 am
I'm sure Arteta has something completely unpredictable planned for City........something that will leave Pep totally outfoxed. I reckon..

We'll play Zinchenko as an inverted left back, roaming into midfield all the time leaving 3 at the back and wide gaps on our left.....

Up front we'll have.....wait for it, fucking genius this is........Our blockbuster German signing Kai Havoc as a false 9.....hee hee hee, Pep will never suspect this....

On the right he'll play ex-City talisman Jesus, who will run their LB ragged

On the LW will be Leo Bossard, top man......

In the centre, a double pivot of Biggus Deccus and Partey with Captain Ode

At the back, Benny 'Back pass' White, Saliba, Gabriel and Oleks 'AWOL' Zinchenko

Finished off with our Raya sunshine in goal

Pep is going to be so pissed at Tets pulling this one off, he won't see this coming!!.........

:shock: :roll:
:lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

He has a wife, you know

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:13 pm
He has a wife, you know
:lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:30 am
Cheaty will stiffen us home and away and the dippers will do us at theirs along with Newcastle up there too..Points will be dropped against Brighton and Villa as well almost certainly..Well be 20plus behind Cheaty come may..We might get top4 but just because of the shiteness of other sides.
Yep so basically back to where we were 10-15yrs ago - claiming top 4(5 now!) as a trophy and getting stuffed by any decent team we face in the CL.

Much as I enjoyed most of last season it feels we've missed the boat a bit in terms of pushing on to become City's main challenger and now we are probably stuck in a group of 3 or 4 teams fighting for 2nd.

Better than finishing 8th I suppose..

Exciting stuff...🙄

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:28 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:30 am
Yep so basically back to where we were 10-15yrs ago - claiming top 4(5 now!) as a trophy and getting stuffed by any decent team we face in the CL.

Much as I enjoyed most of last season it feels we've missed the boat a bit in terms of pushing on to become City's main challenger and now we are probably stuck in a group of 3 or 4 teams fighting for 2nd.

Better than finishing 8th I suppose..

Exciting stuff...🙄
I'm not sure it's better than finishing 5th though because to complete the latter Wenger years comparison, we are now back to the annual embarrassment in the CL of shite performances against Joe average teams in the group, and even if we scrape through, a guaranteed pummelling against anyone half decent

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sunday May 19th 2024 - we scrape a 1-0 win over already relegated Everton to secure the new “top 5 trophy” :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Premier League points vs Man City since Arsenal last earned one:
17 Man Utd
16 Spurs
13 Liverpool
12 Chelsea
9 Palace Wolves
6 Leicester Brentford
5 Newcastle Southampton
4 Leeds Brighton
3 Norwich
2 Everton West Ham