Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Jock Gooner

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:44 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:50 am
Marcelino announced before the West Ham game, will be watching from the stands
Maybe he'll be sat next to Kovac who has also said he'll be there in the special "Prospective Next Arsenal Manager" section :roll:

Wonder if either of them will still want the job after they've seen us live :rubchin: :lol:
And Kovac will be sat next to Benitez who is said to be being lined-up for the West Ham manager's position.
I say we give Kovac the second half to show what he can do :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

France Football claim #Arsenal could turn to Thomas Tuchel if he is dismissed by PSG. The club admire his modern approach, creative attacking football & ability to speak several languages. https://t.co/BczNf9ioEu

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Anonymous football sources claim #Arsenal could turn to any frigging manager you've ever heard of however unrealistic they might be in their search for a new coach. Reports that Guardiola, stupid teeth and Simeone were scrapping over the job in the emirates car park have yet to be confirmed but are believed to be possibly true. Rumours that Rudolph the red nosed reindeer is being considered for the post are beginning to emerge as the club apparently admire his experience, team work, expert formation and ability to speak 17 languages.
https://t.co/load/of/bollx

We'll get 2 or 3 weeks of being linked to every cu.nt under the sun and then about 11pm on xmas day they'll announce Arteta :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

:lol:
You’re optimistic Jock! I’d take Arteta to be honest because we aren’t getting a proper manager, but I seriously worry they are going to go for Emery markII :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:43 pm
Anonymous football sources claim #Arsenal could turn to any frigging manager you've ever heard of however unrealistic they might be in their search for a new coach. Reports that Guardiola, stupid teeth and Simeone were scrapping over the job in the emirates car park have yet to be confirmed but are believed to be possibly true. Rumours that Rudolph the red nosed reindeer is being considered for the post are beginning to emerge as the club apparently admire his experience, team work, expert formation and ability to speak 17 languages.

We'll get 2 or 3 weeks of being linked to every cu.nt under the sun and then about 11pm on xmas day they'll announce Arteta :roll:
Brilliant Jock :lol: 8)

Sounds as plausible as anything else we’re told. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:

:shock:

Uncanny!

:D :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Strong reports coming out of Italy that Ancellotti is going to be replaced at Napoli by Gattuso. Apparantly, Ancellotti had a massive fallout with the chairman and he (the chairman) wants him gone. It'll mean no compensation to pay. For me, right now Ancellotti is the right manager to get us organised and moving up the table. Almost perfect timing if the Arsenal board have got the bottle to appoint a world class manager.
Freddie now has more managerial experience than Arteta, and as I said before if we are going to go for inexperience then i'd rather stick with Freddie than bring in Arteta at this stage of the season.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sources tell @David_Ornstein that Arteta is now #AFC no.1 target for the head coach position. Some people believe it is as close as being Arteta’s call. Others, on the other hand, say he still has to go through a thorough interviewing process[The Athletic Podcast] https://t.co/npMuHretUl

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:44 pm
Strong reports coming out of Italy that Ancellotti is going to be replaced at Napoli by Gattuso. Apparantly, Ancellotti had a massive fallout with the chairman and he (the chairman) wants him gone. It'll mean no compensation to pay. For me, right now Ancellotti is the right manager to get us organised and moving up the table. Almost perfect timing if the Arsenal board have got the bottle to appoint a world class manager.
Freddie now has more managerial experience than Arteta, and as I said before if we are going to go for inexperience then i'd rather stick with Freddie than bring in Arteta at this stage of the season.

I like Ancelotti and wouldn't be against him being our next manager, but if we are talking about the right manager for us right now, then there is only one candidate ……….. rafa fat Spanish waiter benitez.
I listened and watched some of the build up on sky last night where him and the spitting scouser were analysing the weekends games, and benitez gave a masterclass in tactical coaching - he spoke about how one team should have adjusted to this gameplan cos they were being exploited there, and he spoke about how another team should have played narrower and more compact cos of the spaces were killing them. I listened to him and all I kept thinking was how he would be the right manager for us right now - a guy who can come in and work with what he has got, and who can adjust his tactics to build around what he has. I was very much in the allegri corner (and would still be delighted to get him), cos right now we need a tactical manager but because benitez knows this league, I would opt for him as the right choice at this moment of time

shu

Post by shu »

Ancelotti and Rafa for me 100%. Both have the experience of the premier league and have been managers for years. I though we should have replaced wenger with Ancelotti.

augie

Post by augie »

I can only speak for myself, but he is right in suggesting that his cv to date will count against him in my book - his nationality is irrelevant

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... lks-fears/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:11 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

:shock:

Uncanny!

:D :wink:
Wait a minute is that George's fabled magic hat that he's wearing and how on earth did Arteta get his hands on it :barscarf:

If his bird wants a seat in the clock end there's a spare next to me - she looks a lot more entertaining than the footy usually is :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Paulo Sousa is present on #AFC’s 3-man shortlist to replace Unai Emery. The Gunners are carefully studying this option following encouraging spells with Fiorentina and Bordeaux. He has a €2m release clause that could be negotiated and agreed at €1.5m [@TuttoMercatoWeb]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have reportedly reached out to former QPR, Leicester and Swansea manager Paulo Sousa and consider him a candidate to replace for Unai Emery.

Latest on the Gunners' search for a new manager

https://t.co/h3CMyBVZtL

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

L’Equipe, Cadena COPE, ESPN FC are all reporting that Marcelino has been in London this week to hold face-to-face talks with Arsenal regarding the head coach position. https://t.co/dxp2iVGCm8